No longer able to log into PSN on PS3

kmosesltd

5 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

When creating a new device password on playstation.com, make sure to log in with said password before closing the page. Otherwise the password will become invalid immeditately

This is something that catches a lot of people out, it was the mistake i made twice when first using it. 

56 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Have you called Sony's support hotline? Or used the support chat? If not, why? Why do so many people ask other users for help even if that's quite obviously something that only the support can fix?

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/support/?smcid=pdc%3Aen-ca%3Aprimary nav%3Amsg-support%3Asupport

Cause sony support to PS3 shutdown in 1999?????

C'mon man......

We are not stupid like that........

Of course we have tried sony support......

• Like 1

I can't remember if this is the same error code that I got a few years back. I use a lot of ps3's and they all went down with some DNS error. What I did to fix my issue was I used a dedicated IP address for every ps3. I am also in Southwestern Ontario using Rogers. 

I've also had to do this with my firesticks. 

I think this was suggested on page 2 with the DMZ thing so you may have tried it already.

1 hour ago, kmosesltd said:

I've done all of that. I've revoke the new device password, I have tried turning the automatic clock setting on and off, I've tried Wireless and wired internet, I've tried deactivating the PS3, I've tried logging into a different network altogether (I drove 4 hours to do this one), I tried logging into a different PS3, I've tried everything I can think of and that's been suggested. 

Sheesh you're cursed at this point lol. Try this:

1) Go here: https://playstation.com/acct/management/

2) In the 'Your Information' tab, edit your residential address and make sure it's accurate

3) Click the 'Security' tab on the left
4) Try changing your:

- Password
- Security Question

5) Make sure 2 step verification is set to disabled

6) Generate a new device password after all this is done and try signing in
7) If it still fails, you can also try changing your sign-in ID to a different email from the security tab in step 4. You'll have to verify the new email address so make sure it's an email address you actually have access to
8) Repeat step 6 now after changing your sign in ID

16 hours ago, Lance_87 said:
16 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

What?

That was ironic bro......

23 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

So I finally tried deactivating and reactivating my PS3... I can reactivate my PS5 but I can't reactivate my PS3 because it requires me to log into my PSN on my PS3. And guess what... I still can't log in ... 

... I guess I now have a paperweight now... 

Maaaaan, Try Login today, before weeks i finally login today, i just tried every day until today, maybe u can have a luck too!

Watching the comments above made me laugh lol. I tried everything that everyone mentioned and in my original post I mentioned that I did call Sony customer support but because they don't offer support for the PS3 anymore they couldn't do much if anything at all. 

BUT...... in lighter news, I am able to log into my PS3 finally... it only took 3 weeks. I honestly don't know what it was, but I was following a reddit post that was discussing the same issues I was having and a couple of the people in that thread mentioned that they were starting to get back into their PS3. I honestly think it was a server issue on Sonys end but they would never admit to that. 

So after seeing the few people in the reddit post being able to log in finally, I tried today and it works! ... 

On 11/13/2022 at 4:24 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

Sheesh you're cursed at this point lol. Try this:

1) Go here: https://playstation.com/acct/management/

2) In the 'Your Information' tab, edit your residential address and make sure it's accurate

3) Click the 'Security' tab on the left
4) Try changing your:

- Password
- Security Question

5) Make sure 2 step verification is set to disabled

6) Generate a new device password after all this is done and try signing in
7) If it still fails, you can also try changing your sign-in ID to a different email from the security tab in step 4. You'll have to verify the new email address so make sure it's an email address you actually have access to
8) Repeat step 6 now after changing your sign in ID

I appreciate all the help you've offered throughout this whole page man :)

I tried everything on that list of things you mentioned in this comment I quoted already and yes maybe I was cursed.

I have been sick in bed with the flu for a full week and I finally was able to try and log in today after seeing some reddit users with the same issue finally get back in themselves. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

they don't offer support for the PS3 anymore they couldn't do much if anything at all. 

Reminds me of all the "sunset" BS for old Origin/EA app games when you ask for help but the subject is "too complicated" for the support.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

BUT...... in lighter news, I am able to log into my PS3 finally... it only took 3 weeks. I honestly don't know what it was, but I was following a reddit post that was discussing the same issues I was having and a couple of the people in that thread mentioned that they were starting to get back into their PS3. I honestly think it was a server issue on Sonys end but they would never admit to that. 

So after seeing the few people in the reddit post being able to log in finally, I tried today and it works! ... 

I appreciate all the help you've offered throughout this whole page man :)

I tried everything on that list of things you mentioned in this comment I quoted already and yes maybe I was cursed.

I have been sick in bed with the flu for a full week and I finally was able to try and log in today after seeing some reddit users with the same issue finally get back in themselves. 

That's awesome news, super happy to hear it! ? Hopefully they fixed whatever the issue was for good

• Like 1

If you were able to log into another account on the same PS3, then there is no DNS or IP error. If you reset the PS3, please remember that you must generate a device password (PS APP). Instead of using your normal password, enter your email and the password that was generated in the application. This appears to be two things: IP blocking and PSN issues. I did a test just a little while ago and I connected normally.

24 minutes ago, Alice_VektorKZ said:

Oh man. Glad it all worked out! Sony often blocks IP for no reason because of manual internet configuration. I remember that I used a single IP so that I could have NAT 2, and when I was going to log in, a DNS error. It only worked if it was automatic. PSN is getting worse every day.