Broken on PS5?

VenlafaxineHead

I posted about this in the main thread a while ago... but never heard anything. It probably deserves its own topic anyhow. 

I tried to play it on PS5 last night. Everything was working fine until I got to the first showdown... as soon as I unholster the gun, the deadeye just continues to drift down automatically and I can't control it at all... essentially rendering the game broken. 

I was really looking forward to playing this classic from yesteryear. I tried about five times and had the same issue every time. 

Anyone else out there have this issue? Better question...anyone actually playing this on a PS5 right now?  LOL

Update: I have since tried again on a few occasions and it's always the same result... controller doesn't register on the first deadeye showdown - continuously just drifting downward. 

5 minutes ago, Aviditas90 said:

Haven't tested any of the ps2 games on ps5 myself but from what i heard a lot / all of them got problems with the ps5. Thats probably also the reason why we don't see any new on premium. 

Yeah... That's too bad. I actually sold my PS4 because I didn't think I'd need it after upgrading to a PS5. Now I'm having issues with several older games. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheCunchPuncher said:

I'ma be honest, when I did this game back in August I thought that was by design. I definitely experienced what OP was talking about when playing on PS5 so that explains the constant frustration with duels in the harder modes and how it felt random lol.

But is the 100% unattainable on PS5 or just couple of glitches here and there? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

But is the 100% unattainable on PS5 or just couple of glitches here and there? 

I did the 100% completely on PS5, it is definitely obtainable all on PS5. You just have to deal with the BS that are the duels especially on the later difficulties unfortunately. Luckily, everything else in the later difficulties are much easier due to the cheats you unlock through Bounty Hunter mode!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I doubt they updated the game but it's working fine on my ps5, I was worried I'd have the same issues but the game seems to work perfectly now for anybody looking to pick it up.

It's also insanely fun, controls pretty well for a game almost 20 years old! 

Edited by Deadvember

On 8/21/2023 at 6:25 PM, Deadvember said:

I doubt they updated the game but it's working fine on my ps5, I was worried I'd have the same issues but the game seems to work perfectly now for anybody looking to pick it up.

It's also insanely fun, controls pretty well for a game almost 20 years old! 

Glad to hear, I was worried that it won't be playable on PS5. You playing with Dualsense or Dualshock 4?