My thoughts

megavolts66

I have this game since it was free from PS+ but I never played it.

I started playing now and it'll be a game that I won't get platinum because I don't like multiplayer.

The trophy related to the challenges sucks because of one particularly challenge: "Airborne Cannons".

This challenge is a pain in the ass, you only can get this by luck, it's kind of playing Street Fighter, just press buttons randomly and eventually (after hours) you get.

"Airborne Cannons" isn't luck based when you prepare yourself. Just watching someone getting it can be intimidating, yes. But if you watch a breakdown of what and when to shoot, it is doable.

This breakdown helped me a lot back when I tried to get that Codex Entry. Memorize where to shoot and if you mess up, restart the checkpoint immediately.

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 3

Here’s a good tip. Go a few rounds not even shooting the cannon.  Just use your eyes to scan the planes for their scheduled routes. Yes, it’s fast, but they make the same paths every play thru, which means all you have to do is memorize their placements. 

Only when you are confident of the planes placements, should you go live and start firing. Zooming slows you down, so I only zoomed when the three large planes that enter formation appear on the screen from the right side. 

You can restart as often as you like, as long as you don’t progress too far on that section, so that’s a luxury! If it was a Black Ops II challenge, you’d have to start the level completely over which is hair pulling. 

Please don’t give up! I’m a casual gamer, so if I could pull this off, I know you can. It’s the only hard challenge and the rest are straightforward, except for some of the stealth requirements. You have some annoying collectibles but the guide on this site make it a breeze. You got this!

Edited by kkulifay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, megavolts66 said:

I have this game since it was free from PS+ but I never played it.

I started playing now and it'll be a game that I won't get platinum because I don't like multiplayer.

The trophy related to the challenges sucks because of one particularly challenge: "Airborne Cannons".

This challenge is a pain in the ass, you only can get this by luck, it's kind of playing Street Fighter, just press buttons randomly and eventually (after hours) you get.

Pressing random buttons?

40 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

It’s not luck. It just takes some old fashioned “git gud” grit and stamina.  Took me a bunch of tries, but you can do it.
I had bigger problems with the bomber mission. I think the workaround on that was to play on expert. 

It’s a bit of luck as I just kept shooting and got the trophy 

• 1 month later...