Collectible Progress Resets on Chapter Select and Continuing After Credits

PMD_E1337Pete

Just a heads up, there are 76 emails you need for one of the trophies. Almost every puzzle prevents you from walking back to the previous room. If you miss any email, you will need to get the trophy on another playthrough as using Chapter Select or continuing after the credits will reset your total email count to 0.

6 minutes ago, kittcoldfire said:

any idea how many are in the last couple chapters? I've been looking all over for them all and am just fishing chapter 14 and have like 17 or 18 left. That seems high to me but I really don't think I missed any.

Not sure exactly, but it's definitely not as many as 17 or 18. Chapter 16 has 0 I think.

Edited by PMD_E1337Pete

yeah, I just finished with 14 logs missing. Really wondering where they are though cause I looked everywhere, even took time in those crazy bot filled spots to check each computer...

actually, just tested and continuing keeps the amount of emails. I also missed 1 near the beginning, so am now at 63 of 76 instead of 62

9 minutes ago, kittcoldfire said:

yeah, I just finished with 14 logs missing. Really wondering where they are though cause I looked everywhere, even took time in those crazy bot filled spots to check each computer...

actually, just tested and continuing keeps the amount of emails. I also missed 1 near the beginning, so am now at 63 of 76 instead of 62

Interesting, I also ended with 14 logs missing. I wasn't keep good track though. I know I didn't go into the one room early in the game that needed a battery (there's even an email in the previous test that's like "there's nothing to see here").

For the remainder, I wonder if you have to do wild things like use a bridge cube to get out of the puzzle to some of the platforms you can see in the distance.

20 minutes ago, PMD_E1337Pete said:

Interesting, I also ended with 14 logs missing. I wasn't keep good track though. I know I didn't go into the one room early in the game that needed a battery (there's even an email in the previous test that's like "there's nothing to see here").

For the remainder, I wonder if you have to do wild things like use a bridge cube to get out of the puzzle to some of the platforms you can see in the distance.

yeah I'm wondering that too. I did try that on a couple of the "beach" island stages to get around, but the fact if you fall in the water it resets to the beginning of the puzzle/checkpoint made me regret doing it after a few times and I gave up haha

as an addition to this thread, it seams dying dosen't reset the mails. I died in a place with two pcs  and 3 mails total and after i died i opened them again. the number was after each mail and each pc the same, so the game must have saved my progress. 

Edited by cybershark91

Did another run and got 75/76. Here's counts by chapter:

• Chapter 1 - 5 Terminals, 6 Messages
  • Chapter 2 - 2 Terminals, 3 Messages
  • Chapter 3 - 2 Terminals, 4 Messages
  • Chapter 4 - 2 Terminals, 4 Messages
  • Chapter 5 - 3 Terminals, 4 Messages
  • Chapter 6 - 5 Terminals, 5 Messages
  • Chapter 7 - 6 Terminals, 7 Messages
  • Chapter 8 - 4 Terminals, 6 Messages
  • Chapter 9 - 4 Terminals, 5 Messages
  • Chapter 10 - 4 Terminals, 5 Messages
  • Chapter 11 - 4 Terminals, 4 Messages
  • Chapter 12 - 3 Terminals, 3 Messages
  • Chapter 13 - 4 Terminals (though 1 is in the loop room), 13 Messages
  • Chapter 14 - 5 Terminals, 5 Messages
  • Chapter 15 - 1 Terminal, 1 Message

No idea where the last one is.

• Like 1

On 4.11.2022 at 7:48 PM, PMD_E1337Pete said:

So how did you end up finding most of your missing ones?

Is there some kind of backtracking or crazy off-limit areas you have to find?

I‘m also roughly 10 logs off target and was pretty thorough. No way I walked past 10 logs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

So how did you end up finding most of your missing ones?

Is there some kind of backtracking or crazy off-limit areas you have to find?

I‘m also roughly 10 logs off target and was pretty thorough. No way I walked past 10 logs

No back-tracking, but there have been some crazy off-limit areas. This guy has some pretty good directions - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2884284088

The one that isn't on his list is in puzzle 902. Just jump over the railing with the green box.

1 hour ago, PMD_E1337Pete said:

No back-tracking, but there have been some crazy off-limit areas. This guy has some pretty good directions - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2884284088

The one that isn't on his list is in puzzle 902. Just jump over the railing with the green box.

Thanks for sharing. So Chapter 9 has 6 intel? The 4 from the guide, 1 that Carrot Helper mentions in the comments and the one in puzzle 902?

19 minutes ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

Thanks for sharing. So Chapter 9 has 6 intel? The 4 from the guide, 1 that Carrot Helper mentions in the comments and the one in puzzle 902?

I think the one carrot helper is referring to and the one in 902 are the same aren't they? If they are we're still missing 1

@PMD_E1337Pete @kittcoldfire

I found 10 intel within the office loop in chapter 13, making it 14 total for this chapter.

The last door opening prompt also counted as intel, which was the 10th within the office loop

edit: nevermind, the first door interaction within the loop that popped up was actually not an incrementation

Edited by Ghost-TeamX

On 05/11/2022 at 7:09 AM, PMD_E1337Pete said:

Did another run and got 75/76. Here's counts by chapter:

• Chapter 1 - 5 Terminals, 6 Messages
  • Chapter 2 - 2 Terminals, 3 Messages
  • Chapter 3 - 2 Terminals, 4 Messages
  • Chapter 4 - 2 Terminals, 4 Messages
  • Chapter 5 - 3 Terminals, 4 Messages
  • Chapter 6 - 5 Terminals, 5 Messages
  • Chapter 7 - 6 Terminals, 7 Messages
  • Chapter 8 - 4 Terminals, 6 Messages
  • Chapter 9 - 4 Terminals, 5 Messages
  • Chapter 10 - 4 Terminals, 5 Messages
  • Chapter 11 - 4 Terminals, 4 Messages
  • Chapter 12 - 3 Terminals, 3 Messages
  • Chapter 13 - 4 Terminals (though 1 is in the loop room), 13 Messages
  • Chapter 14 - 5 Terminals, 5 Messages
  • Chapter 15 - 1 Terminal, 1 Message

No idea where the last one is.

I don't know why but I have a feeling the last one is in Chapter 15. I just have a feeling there is a secret terminal in there. I am currently at 75/76 as well. On my 3rd playthrough now and I just can't find it 

People found a way to glitch into the room with the missing intel.

This is the original video that the person who discovered it posted on their discord:

And here's a clip of me doing it on PS5:

Took about 15-20 mins of trying. Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time as you need to wedge yourself into the door so you can spam triangle and hold forward without moving along the door/windows/wall. Also important, it doesn't seem like anyone has found a way out of the room yet once you get inside. So make sure it's your last intel (beat the game getting 75 intel and continue that save (do not use chapter select as that will wipe your intel), then circle back to Puzzle 0501 for the last one.

Alternatively, wait for the patch that the dev said is being worked on.

On 11/15/2022 at 9:19 PM, PMD_E1337Pete said:

People found a way to glitch into the room with the missing intel.

This is the original video that the person who discovered it posted on their discord:

And here's a clip of me doing it on PS5:

Took about 15-20 mins of trying. Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time as you need to wedge yourself into the door so you can spam triangle and hold forward without moving along the door/windows/wall. Also important, it doesn't seem like anyone has found a way out of the room yet once you get inside. So make sure it's your last intel (beat the game getting 75 intel and continue that save (do not use chapter select as that will wipe your intel), then circle back to Puzzle 0501 for the last one.

Alternatively, wait for the patch that the dev said is being worked on.

Thanks, was following this as well and managed to get the trophy this was as well, hooray for getting the plat. I did a quick check and after you get the intel, if you exit and hit continue it seems to have saved the progress, I finished puzzle 0501, then got to 0503 which has the next intel and it still said I had 76/76, so it MIGHT be possible to do this in a normal run and not have it your last (although mine was my last so can't confirm)

• 5 months later...

FYI: The glitched intel was patched some time ago, along with the collectibles resetting on chapter select. I wasn't sure about the latter, so I played through as if the intel was missable. After I finished, I selected chapter 1 and I still had 76/76 after using the computer. Data Research is no longer missable.

Edited by SqueakzMcGee
  • Like 2