Trophy thoughts

Yoey_666

The game is good fun, really enjoying it !

I wanted to share my first impressions regarding trophies in coop (since it is way more fun than playing solo). I played online with a friend for some hours yesterday, we both received the trophies for killing xx amount of monsters and the boss trophies (only made it to the 3rd boss in coop but failed).

My coop mate did NOT receive the trophies for upgrades (buy your first upgrade) and also did NOT receive the trophies for unlocking new characters. This is maybe interesting for some of you.

When he went to bed I played some runs alone (without restarting the game, just went to the main menu and went to offline mode). I did NOT receive the trophy for killing the 3rd boss when I killed him (which hopefully just pops in one of the next runs).

2 hours ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Good to know.

Wondering how hard a no hit run is going to be?

It will take some practice for sure and is definitely easier in coop than solo because the amount of enemies stays the same. When you have the right build and upgrades you will breeze through some enemies. Knoef got a trophy guide online already, his tip reads as follow:

Gold.pngThe Perfect Crew
Complete a run without taking damage.

This is the hardest trophy in the game. You have to beat the entire game from start to finish without your ship taking a single hit. Even shield damage counts, so you really cannot get hit at all during your run. There is no way to save mid-run either, so you have do the entire thing in a single sitting. This is much more manageable co-op, but with some clever planning, effort, and luck, is also doable solo.

Before you attempt this trophy, it is highly recommended to buy the first two upgrades from Reed’s shop, to give you an extra recycle and an extra duplicate, as well as to max out the Double Barrel cannon. High DPS is crucial here, as we want to mow down bosses as quickly as possible, so doubling your fire rate will help a lot. If you are going to attempt this solo, max out the Sentry as well while you’re at it.

Lastly, you want to buy from Briny’s shop until he sells you the Pearl of Ice. This will give you access to one of the most powerful ammo types in the game, ice ammo, that shoots in 3 directions. Ice is one of the best status effects in the game as it can lock enemies in place, and combined with the Double Barrel cannon, you will be shooting 6 bullets every time, letting you tear through most enemies.

A key part of this strategy is that once you buy something from Briny, you immediately get access to it for that run, so when you buy the Pearl of Ice, you start out with that ammo type. So even though you can’t backup your save mid-run, you CAN backup your save at this point to guarantee that you always start out with this overpowered ammo type every attempt, drastically reducing the difficulty of not getting hit. Ship-of-Fools_20221121220629-1-1024x576.

Start each run by buying all three items from Briny, and even though the artifact that comes in this set, the Pearl of Regeneration, is pretty useless, having an artifact lets you recycle it after stage 1, which is important, as you want to see an specific artifact early on in your run, The Shell. This increases all your projectile damage by 50%, letting you shred through enemies even faster. So once stage 1 starts, immediately go for the artifact tile, and hope you get it. If not, you have 2 more chances at the recycle station after the first boss. Either way, you want to have this artifact before finishing stage 2, as the duplication island can turn your 1 shell into 3 shells, giving you a whopping +150% damage! If you can set this up by the end of stage 2, you will be nearly unstoppable. If you can get The Pearls too, which gives you +50% magazine capacity, then that’s just icing on the cake.

But if you’ve already purchased the Pearl of Ice from Briny, no need to lose hope just yet. The same strategy can still work for a lot of other ammo types, like a lot of the others Briny sells. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 7:51 PM, Yoey_666 said:

It will take some practice for sure and is definitely easier in coop than solo because the amount of enemies stays the same. When you have the right build and upgrades you will breeze through some enemies. Knoef got a trophy guide online already, his tip reads as follow:

Hey there, guide writer here. Appreciate you taking the time to check out our guide for Ship of Fools! If you have any questions, feel free to let me know ?

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2022 at 2:56 AM, Yoey_666 said:

When he went to bed I played some runs alone (without restarting the game, just went to the main menu and went to offline mode). I did NOT receive the trophy for killing the 3rd boss when I killed him (which hopefully just pops in one of the next runs).

So Im having this same issue. I started this game in co op with my son, but when he was done playing, I kept playing solo and stopped getting trophies.

This has happened for the 2nd and 3rd boss, and also for unlocking one of the characters. Did you come across a fix or did you have to reset your save?

I did another playthrough, finally cleared a successful run, got the trophy for beating the final boss and game, but still didn't get the other boss trophies.

11 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

So Im having this same issue. I started this game in co op with my son, but when he was done playing, I kept playing solo and stopped getting trophies.

This has happened for the 2nd and 3rd boss, and also for unlocking one of the characters. Did you come across a fix or did you have to reset your save?

I did another playthrough, finally cleared a successful run, got the trophy for beating the final boss and game, but still didn't get the other boss trophies.

I never achieved full upgrade of a cannon and for the third boss. I just started a new save and did the missing stuff. Only took me about 1 hour. When you got the hang of how every boss works it can be done pretty quick on a new save. The time obviously depends on what is not unlocking for you. All upgrades or 10k kills would take a bit longer.

Edited by Yoey_666
  • Like 1