Beware - Patch made the platinum *way* harder

NathanielJohn

About 5 months ago, a patch was released for this game that (among other things) drastically changed the "Rafflasher" boss of level 5-1. While that boss used to be "too easy", it is now way, way, way too hard on Divine difficulty. This bumps the platinum difficulty up from (in my opinion) 5/10 to at least 8/10.

See this thread on GameFAQs where people are talking about how insane the boss now is. Not only does the boss have so much health that it's almost impossible to reduce it to 0 before time runs out, but it also stunlocks you to such a large degree that you will be lucky if you survive getting hit even once. This one boss is now significantly harder than the 7-boss rush (which fortunately only includes Act 2 bosses, and thus not this boss).

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Thanks for the heads up, man that sucks so much I had already downloaded the game was planning on platinum it soon, is the platinum even possible with such impossible odds? What a bummer..1f61e.png

Sounds like a job for one of those version 1.0 download tools. I had to use one of those for Race the Sun.

10 hours ago, Gethron said:

Sounds like a job for one of those version 1.0 download tools. I had to use one of those for Race the Sun.

I just tested this, and yep this works, even if you've already started playing the game on the patched version. Note that this will only work if you're playing the game on an actual PS4. If you're playing via backwards compatibility on a PS5, you can't do this. Here's what I did:

1. Played the game normally until I got stuck on 5-1 Divine difficulty.

2. Uninstalled the game.

3. Used the method described in this thread to install version 1.0 of the game: 

4. Completed level 5-1 Divine difficulty. Fortunately, my save file from the patched version of the game still worked on the unpatched game.

5. Now you can re-download the patch and play the rest of the game normally.

• 1 year later...

I'd been putting off playing this game because I read this thread a while back, but I decided to give it a go as Actraiser is one of my favourite SNES games. I can can get to Rafflasher with 315ish on the clock and can beat her in under 200 seconds. Took a while but it can be done. R.I.P Rafflasher! 

https://youtu.be/CWjXGv0289c?si=RDDVFyastpQaQ5-X

Edited by vitis705
  • Like 2

My friend defeated Rafflasher yesterday! Now she want the 200 million points trophy. What are the exactly requeriments? She read that need A Rank in ALL STAGES?! But she get B Rank after defeated Rafflasher. Does she need to defeat her again with A Rank? It would be a PAIN. Please, can someone explain me the requeriments? Thank you.