Issues cloud streaming this game

kinnyman

About every 5 - 10 mins, the game will freeze/lag for about 2 seconds, then pick up wherever I am.  Sometimes it's irrelevant, and sometimes it screws me over.  I started this game over the weekend and figured a lot of people were playing and stressing the service.  Tried again today and same issue.  My internet is good, and I've played other cloud stream games without problems.  Played multiplayer in lots of games without problems.  But this game seems to be stuttering at about the same rate no matter what.  Just curious if anyone else had these issues and a possible solution if you did.  Playing on PS5 if it matters.  Thanks

I had the exact problem happen with Ratchet and Clank 1 two weeks ago. It messed up my gameplay many times due to lag issues that it made my platinum journey more tedious than it should have been. I don't stream often however i don't remember the Sly Cooper Trilogy being this bad.

I am now playing through Ratchet and Clank 2 and i am barely getting any lag at all, it's as if i own the disc version! I was really surprised  as with the experience from RC1 i thought it was my internet connection causing these lag streaming problems. I just hope RC3 will be as smooth running as RC2 as it is my favorite of the trilogy.

I'm playing on PS4

Edited by Kyl542
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

My game stuttered badly on the jet races where it would freeze or drop to 5-10fps. It can’t be my internet, it makes me think the combination of streaming and the laser intense rings give the ps3 emulator a hard time. Occasionally I’ll get some slow down on big battles too with a lot going on.

• Like 1

It did clear up eventually, but took almost a week from when I 1st started playing it.  The only thing I noticed is when trophies would sync as soon as they popped, the stuttering issue was bad.  When trophies didn't sync until much later, the stuttering issue was minimal.  No idea on the correlation here