Bandwith is not enough for more than 4 players.

KingTom95

Currently doing some cleanup and i wanted to get back to this game after over a decade.

However when i try to host a game via control freaks the game tells me "Sorry, your current bandwith will only allow you to support a game for this many players" (max. 4 players)

This is weird cause my download speed is around 150 Mbps while my upload is around 30 Mbps.

So far i tried wifi, wired connection, phone hotspot and opened some ports.

I know this game is old and a not many people playing anymore, but maybe there is a work around?

I will also use an online session in hope someone needs this trophies as well who can host a game up to 32 players.

Edited by KingTom95

Yes i play the EU version which might be the reason. Even tho it wouldnt make much sense to only include that patch in the US version.

Getting the US version to test is basically impossible because i need someones account to get it since its delisted.

Talking about account sharing isnt allowed in these forums iirc.

Edited by KingTom95

if i recall i dont think you need more then 4 players anyways. i played the game on my own i believe with only 2 consoles. (possibly 4 consoles since back then the limit was 5 sharing) the only trophy i didnt get was the waves because i just wasnt good enough and they patched it to make it harder. you dont need 32 actual humans, you can play with bots

Edited by melodicmizery

23 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

if i recall i dont think you need more then 4 players anyways. i played the game on my own i believe with only 2 consoles. (possibly 4 consoles since back then the limit was 5 sharing) the only trophy i didnt get was the waves because i just wasnt good enough and they patched it to make it harder. you dont need 32 actual humans, you can play with bots

If you host a game they will always be filled up with bots at first, so basically when i host a game it will be not more than 4 players (bots or humans) which is the main issue when you acutally need 6 enemy players for two trophies. As well boosting all these kills against only 2 enemy AI players would take ages.

Game is still available in the UK store as part of the "Best of PSN Vol.1" the description said something about 32 players sooooo long story short i gave it a try.

But as expected the UK version has the same problem.

However @EqualityEarth was right about it all along.

And well i dont know why but in the US version youre able to host a game with 32 players with no problems, I can also join my hosted games with a second PS3 (EU version)

The only way to get this done is to know someone whos willing to buy the physical US disc.

Digital US version is delisted, so physical copies are rare and you easily look at 60$+ all without DLC.

I hope this brings some clarification for people who will want to do the 100% in the future.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1