T.H.R.E.A.T. Eliminated

Does anyone have any tips of the best cards for certain characters to help them survive the 3 rounds. 

So far I have succeeded with :

The Hunter

Captain Marvel

The Hulk 

Wolverine

Captain America

I failed miserably with:

Nico

Blade

I don't feel skilled enough with most of the characters so I am just looking for some tips. Thank you for your time and consideration

I previously stated I failed with Captain America. I can't believe I forgot I won with him. 

Edited by Tripple_Barnett

I found Blade quite easy once you figure out how to layer his chain attacks, whittling down 2-3 at a time to set them up for future KOs, with at least 1 KO on a pre-weakened or minion for the card refund. Occasional use of the Make It Bleed ability also means you can Stake the bigger enemies to finish them with a Quick Attack that gets extra damage if bleeding. Smart use of moves to push enemies around the exploding braziers also helps in a pinch. You can usually leave 2-3 still standing each turn as his lifesteal will top him back up on the next turn. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Oddbeard said:

I found Blade quite easy once you figure out how to layer his chain attacks, whittling down 2-3 at a time to set them up for future KOs, with at least 1 KO on a pre-weakened or minion for the card refund. Occasional use of the Make It Bleed ability also means you can Stake the bigger enemies to finish them with a Quick Attack that gets extra damage if bleeding. Smart use of moves to push enemies around the exploding braziers also helps in a pinch. You can usually leave 2-3 still standing each turn as his lifesteal will top him back up on the next turn. 

I will have to look into rebuilding his deck. Thanks for the tips.

5 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

I am not that far yet myself but, do you mind breaking down the ones you were successful with?

5 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

I am not that far yet myself but, do you mind breaking down the ones you were successful with?

I pinned the timestamps for all the runs in the comments section of the video. I forgot i actually won with Captain America. 

1 hour ago, CainJaeger said:

The key is too stack quick and chain attacks plus some aoe heavy hit move or high single target dps 

Use the serum that gives you heroism equal to each card cost to wipe out the strongest mobs 

The key is to kill everything in turn 1 then its smooth sailing

Thanks for the tips. I will try that. I just have 4 heroes left to beat the room: Doctor Strange, Nico, Iron Man, and Ghost Rider

13 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Thanks for the tips. I will try that. I just have 4 heroes left to beat the room: Doctor Strange, Nico, Iron Man, and Ghost Rider

While I have no tips for Strange, Iron Man or Ghost Rider, I do have one for Nico and the card is called Witchfire. If you have the Witchfire card, make sure you use it in the T.H.R.E.A.T. Room, if you get a KO it chains to 3/4 more targets, as long as it doesn't hit a target that it doesn't kill in one hit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frejo3 said:

While I have no tips for Strange, Iron Man or Ghost Rider, I do have one for Nico and the card is called Witchfire. If you have the Witchfire card, make sure you use it in the T.H.R.E.A.T. Room, if you get a KO it chains to 3/4 more targets, as long as it doesn't hit a target that it doesn't kill in one hit.

Thanks, I figured that out. I am just struggling with beating the room with Iron Man and Ghost Rider (hate that he damages himself). For Doctor Strange use the serum that gives you heroism equal to each card cost. Doctor Strange is really powerful with Max Heroism and can clear the rooms easily. 

2 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Awesome, thanks for all this. I finally got T.H.R.E.A.T Room and did Spider-Man. I was Level 8. I got to the third round and I accidentally targeted the wrong one. I restarted the encounter and it was just different enough, I couldn't make it out of Round 2. I see in the videos you are much higher level.

I did all the challenges with my heroes at max so not sure how much harder level 8 would be

9 hours ago, Ben-Gun said:

Dr. Strange is the easiest - just conceal him for 3 turns 1f913.png1f602.png

LOL, I wish I thought of that

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 11:11 PM, Tripple_Barnett said:

I did all the challenges with my heroes at max so not sure how much harder level 8 would be

So, when I got the T.H.R.E.A.T upgrade to the yard, my Hunter was Level 10, and my Spider-Man (along with most of my characters) was just Level 8. I had been doing a lot of General Missions at this time, marking off those requirements for the trophy. I just figured Level 10 was the max level for the upgrade because of that. Turns out, whatever level your Hunter is, the level you are not allowed to level up past. Which makes sense, you play a lot of cards in there. I figured out with Wolverine how to Chain and Knockback and do damage but still get my kills, and how to move slowly around the battlefield like a clock. With all that, yes I used Dr. Strange's concealment ability card but I still tried to kill most things to earn the experience as I rarely use Strange. So, I played cards until I got both of my concealment cards in Round 1. Used them both back to back, then I just wanted to see how many I could kill before I had to rely on the concealment card in three for the victory. This led to a lot of enemies on the field as I had about half of Round 1's, all of 2's and 3's. This allowed for a lot of knockbacks, utilizing the explosions, and just being able to control the battle a lot easier. I ended up killing every enemy except one of the top tier and they had full health. I have only done Hunter, Wolverine, and Strange but I think Magick will be interesting because I use her Legendary Round 3 for Invulnerability. I would use it every round but it has Exhaust so it will be removed once I do use it and doubt the T.H.R.E.A.T. room will bring it back.

• Like 1

I did them in endgame and it took me an afternoon and next morning, all in the first try. Seriously, it is preferable to just do general missions to level up, the threat room doesnt give anything else than xp, so wait till you are overpowered and have fun with it.

Oh, in case it hasn't been noted here, Ghost Rider can just turn into a hellhole and Dr. Strange can be concealed with one of their abilities and get done with their rooms in like a minute.

And if you get Magik's legendary ability, she can also be a breeze.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ModusAm said:

I did them in endgame and it took me an afternoon and next morning, all in the first try. Seriously, it is preferable to just do general missions to level up, the threat room doesnt give anything else than xp, so wait till you are overpowered and have fun with it.

Oh, in case it hasn't been noted here, Ghost Rider can just turn into a hellhole and Dr. Strange can be concealed with one of their abilities and get done with their rooms in like a minute.

And if you get Magik's legendary ability, she can also be a breeze.

Agreed doing later is best. I only did it early not knowing it was difficult and you need a good set of cards, not just the beginning eight you start with. No one has mentioned Ghost Rider yet (he is another one I don't touch as I don't enjoy the character but can at least tolerate him more than others) so that is a good note. Thanks.

Holy F-ing Shhhhhh! I just learned you only have to worry about the first two rounds in T.H.R.E.A.T. In that third round, if you end it, they don't attack you. I always assumed they would. That's crazy and such a game-changer. IMO, this trophy just got a lot easier. Do some killing in the first round to eliminate most of the targets, soften up the big health ones, and use an "Ironoak Shield" item which gives you your health in shield meter, so doubling your life points. It is so dang simple. Take a healing item just in case which restores 33%, I doubt you need anything else. I have only done four so far (Hunter, Wolverine, Strange, Ghost - in that order).

Aaaargh, never mind. I was wrong. I had three enemies left on Ghost and they did not attack him. I ended Round 3 for Nico with all those enemies still alive but none from Rounds 1 or 2 and they wailed on her, with the last one killing her. Such a shame. Maybe if you have more shield and health than what they can do in damage, the game just ends the round instead of attacking. I didn't have max shield with her as I forgot to use the item at the beginning and I could have killed some, if not all, I just was tired of playing that stage over and over. I have eight done, will probably pause it there for a while.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

On 16/12/2022 at 5:16 AM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Holy F-ing Shhhhhh! I just learned you only have to worry about the first two rounds in T.H.R.E.A.T. In that third round, if you end it, they don't attack you. I always assumed they would. That's crazy and such a game-changer. IMO, this trophy just got a lot easier. Do some killing in the first round to eliminate most of the targets, soften up the big health ones, and use an "Ironoak Shield" item which gives you your health in shield meter, so doubling your life points. It is so dang simple. Take a healing item just in case which restores 33%, I doubt you need anything else. I have only done four so far (Hunter, Wolverine, Strange, Ghost - in that order).

Aaaargh, never mind. I was wrong. I had three enemies left on Ghost and they did not attack him. I ended Round 3 for Nico with all those enemies still alive but none from Rounds 1 or 2 and they wailed on her, with the last one killing her. Such a shame. Maybe if you have more shield and health than what they can do in damage, the game just ends the round instead of attacking. I didn't have max shield with her as I forgot to use the item at the beginning and I could have killed some, if not all, I just was tired of playing that stage over and over. I have eight done, will probably pause it there for a while.

To tell you the truth I usually ran out of enemies to kill in each round.

-Choose skill cards that give you more cards when possible. If you have a lot of good cards you could actually always have ALL 8 of your cards in your hand.

-Remember that every kill gives you a card play, every moderate enemy kill gives you also a card draw and every hard enemy (the ones with the... fire ponytail) gives you two card draws (not redraws, extra cards). So, if you plan accordingly, each round could go as long as you have enemies to kill card-play-points-wise.

-As I said earlier, Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider are basically a "cheat", just get their conceal and turn-into-a-drop respective cards play them and finish the round.

Instead of a tedious requirement, you can turn it into a fun side activity, especially with ridiculous powerhouses like ironman, or highly strategic players like magik.

And, don't forget, it is an easy place to get the 4-ko's-with-one-environmental-attack trophy ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 31.12.2022 at 4:40 PM, Arislamicus said:

These combat items are awesome for T.H.R.E.A.T.

Fury Totem - Select a hero. Draw a card every time they KO an enemy for 2 turns. Free.

With this item active, the first 2 Turns should be no problem for most of the heroes.
Use chain or aoe abilities to kill 1 little guy to get an action and a card back while weakening the bigger targets

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a list shown anywhere in the game for those chars that you have successfully completed the challenge with?

I haven't been using the T.H.R.E.A.T. Room on a regular basis as it takes awhile to go through all 3 levels for each char and i prefer to use the water table for grinding since you get rewards...

I have done around 4 or 5 chars with it but can't remember exactly which ones and would prefer not to have to repeat if I don't have to....

There is nothing that shows which ones have done it and which ones have not. Though one "hint" that you can try is when you do complete it, that character will have a solo comic book that you can look at in your collection which may, or may not, help you. I did them in order so I wouldn't have that issue.

The only one I didn't succeed at the first time trying (I waited until end-game to do so, when I had really good decks for everyone) was Nico. Got her the second time after I got her friendship maxed and got her Legendary card, which made the encounter super trivial, along with Witchfire, and using the enviornmentals. 

• Like 1