Seydie's platinum journey

Seydie_

Curious as to why you aren't going to finish the Souls games. If it's based on difficulty, there is plenty of exploits to make them considerably easier. 

Minecraft PS3 servers are still up, you'll need 3 controllers to knock them out or a boosting partner. The other trophies in this game are very straightforward and majority would unlock through natural progression and exploration.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TriadThunder said:

Curious as to why you aren't going to finish the Souls games. If it's based on difficulty, there is plenty of exploits to make them considerably easier. 

Minecraft PS3 servers are still up, you'll need 3 controllers to knock them out or a boosting partner. The other trophies in this game are very straightforward and majority would unlock through natural progression and exploration.

I remember having a difficult time with those and having a friend help out with the bosses, but that was a few years ago. So you are correct that I don't want to touch them based on difficulty, but perhaps I should revisit them and maybe they aren't as difficult as I remember. With exploits, you mean magic? Or are there other exploits?

Great to hear about Minecraft! Definitely want to check out that game again and complete it, thanks 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Good luck with your project. With your current unearned trophies and those of the upcoming games, you will have to earn around 1200 trophies. I think that's doable.

Thank you, appreciate it! Hopefully I can knock out a few games on my incompleted list and get the completion percentage up for upcoming year

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Seydie_ said:

I remember having a difficult time with those and having a friend help out with the bosses, but that was a few years ago. So you are correct that I don't want to touch them based on difficulty, but perhaps I should revisit them and maybe they aren't as difficult as I remember. With exploits, you mean magic? Or are there other exploits?

Great to hear about Minecraft! Definitely want to check out that game again and complete it, thanks 

Yeah, Souls games aren't actually that hard as long as you know what you're doing and the inner mechanics of the game. Problem is, nothing is spoon-fed to you, but you're probably going to learn the hard way. 

As regards Dark Souls Remastered, there's a game breaking glitch that is super easy to perform and that will allow you to reach whatever level you want in a matter of seconds and it's doable basically from the beginning of the game (item swap it should be called). There are many glitches that you can do in the original Dark Souls too that work similarly.

Then, in general you can back up your save in the cloud or in a USB flash drive to avoid repeating the same path to the boss fight if it's too long or if it bothers you. And you can go as far as you want with this exploit... (this method works for every game)

Looking at your backlog you can start with Uncharted Drake's Fortune Remastered, Ratchet & Clank, The Walking Dead or Detroit: Become Human as these should be really easy and pretty straightforward plats

Edited by ShinySpidey

Good luck with the goals and some really interesting games on your list that you're going to press on with, completely understand those which you won't go for platinum on, seems like sensible choices but who knows things may change if you are getting more enjoyment on cleaning some bits up on them.

Look forward to seeing updates, I won't comment very much but I love seeing how people are organising and tackling their goals.

41 minutes ago, ShinySpidey said:

Yeah, Souls games aren't actually that hard as long as you know what you're doing and the inner mechanics of the game. Problem is, nothing is spoon-fed to you, but you're probably going to learn the hard way. 

As regards Dark Souls Remastered, there's a game breaking glitch that is super easy to perform and that will allow you to reach whatever level you want in a matter of seconds and it's doable basically from the beginning of the game (item swap it should be called). There are many glitches that you can do in the original Dark Souls too that work similarly.

Then, in general you can back up your save in the cloud or in a USB flash drive to avoid repeating the same path to the boss fight if it's too long or if it bothers you. And you can go as far as you want with this exploit... (this method works for every game)

Looking at your backlog you can start with Uncharted Drake's Fortune Remastered, Ratchet & Clank, The Walking Dead or Detroit: Become Human as these should be really easy and pretty straightforward plats

Thank you! I'll check out the Dark Souls games afterall after tackling some other games. Going to look up some strats and mechanics of the Dark Souls games when starting them up again and give it another try. I think my next will be Detroit and/or Ratchet and Clank! I sold The Walking Dead so I have to rebuy that game, but gladly it isn't expensive.

28 minutes ago, Aceterix said:

Good luck with the goals and some really interesting games on your list that you're going to press on with, completely understand those which you won't go for platinum on, seems like sensible choices but who knows things may change if you are getting more enjoyment on cleaning some bits up on them.

Look forward to seeing updates, I won't comment very much but I love seeing how people are organising and tackling their goals.

Thanks a lot! I am a bit scared about the online servers of those games as I read about hackers auto-popping trophies, also not a big fan of online trophies anyway, but I want to complete the offline trophies of those ^^ Actually I might revisit the Dark Souls games after some clean up, maybe they arent as difficult as I remember

Edited by Seydie_
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Seydie_ said:

Dark Souls has a duplication glitch for souls which would enable a high level character on your first playthrough. Coupled with a sorcery class you could kill bosses without having to get close.

Demons souls has the Stockpile Thomas glitch which also serves the same purpose.

As for Dark Souls 2, you can farm the Memory of Jeigh over and over with a bonfire ascetic to reach high levels.

All games have their exploits/methods to make your playthrough easier. Definitely worth looking into and theyre great to add to your trophy cabinet.

• Like 1

@TriadThunder This is really helpful, thank you! I edited my first post and will revisit the souls games, I don't think it will be anytime soon but this gave me courage to start them up again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:platinum: No. 4 - Petoons Party

Petoons Party op Steam

I am not going to write big essays on my platinum achievements but the first I knocked out from my backlog is Petoons Party. One of the games I've got for my birthday as a joke, played it to check out what it was and never touched it again. After checking out my backlog this seemed like a rather easy to plat and get done with before Christmas. It sure was easy except for maybe 2 achievements which were just annoying rather than difficult. This one took me the most time as it requires pure RNG for all the other players to land on the same spot as you:

11S007e01.png There is always room for one more - Play a microgame of 4 players

Overall, straight forward and easy trophies. I actually enjoyed the rhythm games. Took me I think 3 - 4 hours to plat

Edited by Seydie_
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@GodKaio-Ken Thank you! I'll make a notice when I start the souls games, I doubt it will be anytime soon tho. Btw, I see you've completed both Nights of Azure game, are those games any good? I am big fan of the Atelier series so I wanted to check out Nights of Azure as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:platinum: No. 5 - It Takes Two

Koop It Takes Two Steam

Forgot to update my post. But my fifth platinum is It Takes Two! I got the game as a present on Christmas day and decided to complete it (played it co-op). Fun game, I thought the game was relatively short but it surprised me. Gladly nothing is missable and after your first playthrough you can do a quick clean up on the missed trophies. It says a difficult rating of 3/10 but I would say it leans more towards a 2/10. If I have to pick one trophy that was the most 'difficult', I would go for this one, but it was rather easy:

14Se96620.png Platform Prodigy - Helltower? More like hello-from-up-here-tower!

Overall nice game! I had a lot of fun playing this in co-op and I am happy it didn't have crazy trophies as I don't think I could find someone doing those with me. If anyone needs help with this game on their PS4, feel free to message me.

100% No Platinum - Proteus

Proteus on Steam

Game I once played on Steam, I saw it in the PS3 library and started it up for fun.. the trophies were less fun. I had to do some trophies requirements multiple times as they didn't trigger. The last trophy was that I need to see every flower, tree and bush and I was so scared I've missed something at the end of my last playthrough but the trophy popped super late, so happy I didn't need to do a fourth playthrough. Most tedious trophy? Definitely walking around the beach as I generated multiple islands, walked around the beach clockwise and in reverse. Took me multiple beach walks before it FINALLY triggered the trophy:

7Sbbc509.png Beachcombing - To see a world in a grain of sand...

The game is ok.. the trophies were horrendous imo. Just super boring and didn't trigger half of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: No. 6 - The Outbound Ghost

Save 30% on The Outbound Ghost on Steam

Really buggy and crashes a lot. Hopefully a new patch will release so I can replay it, for now rushed through it. Chapter trophies are also weird when they pop, one before the credits and the other one after the credits. But on the forum wall someone explained the reason for this.