Climax Battle - Proving Ground 8

Hawkmoon_PL

Ok, I so fking hate it!

Is there any way to beat it???? 

I did all the others climax battles with ease (except ultimate, because I can't do them before PG8 is complete), I am playing legend difficulty right now and it is not that bad, but PG8.... omg it is absolutely unbeatable for me. I know the rules, too use merling canon, to use scecific breaker combo, but still... In most cases I do not have even oportunity to do any heat action, because enemy always distract me. I am trying to do breaker combo, and immidietly someone punches me and break whole action. And I believe that sometimes styles changes much sooner than after 5 seconds. I could swear that I didn't even start breaker combo and style was changed. It is so fking frustrating. Can anyone help me? Anyway?

Allow me to step in as PPB's Yakuza apprentice. PPB is currently asleep due to living in a Canadian time zone! Tagging a random @Inuty as well, dude's just as obsessed.

I looked it up because all the Climax Battles in 11 Yakuza games become a bit of a blur, but yeah, I remember this one being on the more annoying side. I think it just requires nothing but brute force to be honest. If you don't shoot right in the middle of a spawned wave with the Marlin Cannon at least twice or so, you'll most likely run out of time. I remember trying to work my way down to just the biggest honcho left (mostly with weapons for easy heat actions), to then stun-lock him with the Breaker and / or the bat guy and hoping for the best. Not very consistent, which can get frustrating, but the best you can do.

I'm 90% sure that you already looked for a video yourself, but here's one anyways. Seeing one strategy work with your own eyes could help, the rest is sadly a lot of trial and error on this one. Even this successful attempt comes across a few hiccups, might be unavoidable to suffer for a little bit.

Edited by Jens
  • Like 2

Thanks guys, but i don't believe it... I did it just now.... It took me more than 10 hours strictly on this one battle, and even after I beat it I was sure that I lost, cause I beat it with 1% of live. But this time, I was extremely lucky. I've got one breaker style after another almost whole time in the third and fourth wave. Even that I blew almost completly the third wave (I was so nervous that I couldn't execute right breaker combo) and didn't believe that I can beat it cause the fourth wave I've started with less than 20% of live. I've got extremely lucky. Not only got many breaker styles, but I've got one thug style when I've managed to grab Merlin, shoot twice and thanks to that I regain some heat to execute second breaker/katana heat action in this round. And even after that I didn't believe that I could make it, because I had already tiny portion of live, but miracously I've got another breaker style and perfectly execute right breaker combo..... the screen show up I've started cursing that I blew it again, but I look at my health bar and... it wasn't empty. I look at the sign: "Succes" - I couldn't believe my eyes.... I did it. Uffffffff!

It was absolutely the worst chalenge I've ever had to this day in any game. And I am player more almost 30 years :P OK, I'm not really good player, but still....  ufffff I did it.

Thanks anyway, and now, I will return to beat it to the last :)

Edited by Hawkmoon_PL
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jens said:

Allow me to step in as PPB's Yakuza apprentice. PPB is currently asleep due to living in a Canadian time zone!

4 hours ago, Hawkmoon_PL said:

Thanks guys, but i don't believe it... I did it just now....

Well congrats! Jens was right. I was asleep lol. Glad to see you figured it out. Good luck with the rest of the battles/plat!