Voice options

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2022 at 4:51 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Thank God. I'm not trying to hear some awful rendition of Rick Gomez so I'll be happy to switch it to Japanese when I start the game up

I just started this and already I cannot stand zacks new va. 

Rick Gomez is iconic, and the new guy just sounds so cheesy and cringey with his tone and waaay too cocky... Even for Zack. 

Its completely ruined it for me. 

Edited by Azure Kite
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Azure Kite said:

I just started this and already I cannot stand zacks new va. 

Rick Gomez is iconic, and the new guy just sounds so cheesy and cringey with his tone and waaay too cocky... Even for Zack. 

Its completely ruined it for me. 

That first trailer with him speaking was enough for me to know how disappointed I was fitting to be, that's for sure 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

That first trailer with him speaking was enough for me to know how disappointed I was fitting to be, that's for sure 

Some parts are worse than others. 

But the new va just completely misses the mark for tone. 

It completely changes the personality of zack that was portrayed in the psp version. 

The realization that it's gonna be that way not just for 1 game too... 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Azure Kite said:

Some parts are worse than others. 

But the new va just completely misses the mark for tone. 

It completely changes the personality of zack that was portrayed in the psp version. 

The realization that it's gonna be that way not just for 1 game too... 

Dude I know. I just refuse to listen to these people in future games. Same with the other FF7 cast. SE can MISS ME with these rejects. I'm turning on Japanese for every FF game in this series moving forward.

4 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Dude I know. I just refuse to listen to these people in future games. Same with the other FF7 cast. SE can MISS ME with these rejects. I'm turning on Japanese for every FF game in this series moving forward.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. ?

I'm one of those people that can't stand listening to Japanese audio with subtitles. 

But I also really dislike the English va. 

I don't know what to do. ?

I just don't understand, all new guy had to do was watch gameplay footage of the PSP version to try to record something similar, but clearly he didn't because there are some lines that he just totally misses. Emphasis on the wrong syllables, tone all over sometimes. I thought I could deal with it, but there are more than a handful of moments where it's just really really bad.