Insanity is insane

1 hour ago, Winds-of-Neptune said:

I'm starting this game soon.  Does it make sense if I playthrough first on normal to get some of the trophies that would be harder on insanity; to level up a bit for an easier start with insanity.   People suggest starting the game on insanity.  Is the big issue here trying to get the plat with only 1 playthrough on insanity?  I would imagine the ps3 version was harder.. I managed to beat insanity with 2 playthroughs there.  I used to be able to beat these games without such worry lol.. Now that I am almost 50 I'm getting some anxiety before even starting the games haha..  It's not easy being a completionist and a semi-senior citizen at the same time. 1f604.png Thanks!

You can get the platinum doing only 1 playthrough on any difficulty. The insanity trophy is for the "bonus" list; the one with kill 250 enemies, for example.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Winds-of-Neptune said:

I'm starting this game soon.  Does it make sense if I playthrough first on normal to get some of the trophies that would be harder on insanity; to level up a bit for an easier start with insanity.   People suggest starting the game on insanity.  Is the big issue here trying to get the plat with only 1 playthrough on insanity?  I would imagine the ps3 version was harder.. I managed to beat insanity with 2 playthroughs there.  I used to be able to beat these games without such worry lol.. Now that I am almost 50 I'm getting some anxiety before even starting the games haha..  It's not easy being a completionist and a semi-senior citizen at the same time. ? Thanks!

I think it really just comes down to preference and what you’re more comfortable with. There is no difficulty specific trophy required for the platinum trophy in ME2 Legendary Edition. There is that “bonus” trophy list however which has trophies for beating all 3 games on Insanity, among other things.

A lot of people find it easier to do 2 playthroughs in games like this. It’s usually far easier to get the majority of miscellaneous trophies on Easy, and and a hard mode run is always a lot easier when you have experience and knowledge of the game after doing an easy run. The main trade off here is time… how much time are you willing to spend? This is a fairly lengthy game and I’m one of those types of people who hates replaying a game immediately a 2nd time just for one trophy, so personally I would choose to play on Insanity from the very start, even if it leads to me wanting to chuck my console out the window at certain times lol.

Also just FYI in case you weren’t aware, if you’re lucky enough to have the physical disc version of the game rather than the digital PS+ version, there is an exploit you can do to get all 3 Insanity & relationship trophies in the bonus list out of the way in ME1 so you can enjoy the rest of the series stress free. Unfortunately they patched it so it no longer works on the digital versions though. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 3:42 PM, Winds-of-Neptune said:

I'm starting this game soon.  Does it make sense if I playthrough first on normal to get some of the trophies that would be harder on insanity; to level up a bit for an easier start with insanity.   People suggest starting the game on insanity.  Is the big issue here trying to get the plat with only 1 playthrough on insanity?  I would imagine the ps3 version was harder.. I managed to beat insanity with 2 playthroughs there.  I used to be able to beat these games without such worry lol.. Now that I am almost 50 I'm getting some anxiety before even starting the games haha..  It's not easy being a completionist and a semi-senior citizen at the same time. 1f604.png Thanks!

Honestly, just try it. If I'm not mistaken, you can always lower the difficulty to Normal or Hardcore if you're not enjoying yourself without having to start the game over. You have nothing to lose.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 10:13 PM, coldspectre said:

Giving your squad N7 Typhoons in ME3 breaks the game (especially with Garrus), I'm assuming the same guns are in ME2 and are just as overpowered but it has been a while since I played ME

The "Garrus Ascends to Godhood" build in ME3 is busted af

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 5:25 PM, Suporex said:

Playing ME2 on Insanity and in comparison to ME1 it is tough.
Playing Sentinel Shepard. For now using Morbius and Miranda because of the skills that complement and Morbid freezing help me kill enemies because health regen in ME2 is insane.

Any advice on build or what teammates to use for easier times? Or maybe what upgrade/research to get fast?

Anything to help guys...

[EDIT] To help others. After finishing ME2 on Insanity playing as Sentinel here are my thoughts:

Sentinel is easy mode for insanity but huge pain until level 10-11 (U really need Tech Armor to 4 and Defender to 4)

I used Miranda and Morbid for most missions (reason. they have good skills and every time you reapply TA they reset for your squad)

Get Warp to 4 over Overload. at the end there is more armored enemies/bosses.

got warp ammo as bonus skill and maxed it for extra damage.

didn't use heavy weapons at all with exception of Maw that you need to kill in short amount of time and last boss (used Cain in both cases)

It’s morbin time