“Collector Extraordinaire” Easy Unlock Method

Dry

Below are the steps on how to “cheat” Collector Extraordinaire trophy (The Journey Home DLC required) the easiest known way:

1. Create a back up of your existing game save file(s).
    • To the PS Plus cloud/online storage and/or a USB storage device.
  2. Play the community level titled Basically Every LBP3 Story Prize and some DLC (Over 900 items!) published by Online ID: lbphaxmods (don't worry, this level/UGC can be trusted).
    • Collect all prize bubbles.
  3. Play the community adventure titled LittleBigPlanet 3 DLC Starter Kit (Scoreboard Prizes Included) published by Online ID: FattyMcIntosh.
    • Within it, enter the main level and collect all prize bubbles containing The Journey Home goodies and prizes. Be sure to also play and complete the “scoreboard prize” levels associated the DLC’s three main adventure levels.
  4. Play and complete any The Journey Home adventure level.
    • Yes, it's possible even on fresh local save file(s) after following the previous steps pausing the game during the opening cutscene From Cakes to Chaos to unlock the trophy (and with that, all five progress tiers of the associated in-game pin) upon skipping. I made sure of this after testing on two spare PSN accounts after success on my main.
    • It might be a good idea not to perform this step while connected to the in-game servers just in case the trophy doesn’t unlock despite the associated pin having fully progressed (as was the case for @GIBBYVA, thank you for your reply by the way). If it didn’t then close the game and download your previously backed saves file(s) and retry this step.

More things to take note of before I'm done with this opening post:

• This works so long as the community server is open and neither community levels are deleted by their respective authors/publishers.
  • There's no reason this should go against the PSNP leaderboard.
    • Back in January 2019 I shared an easy method (now impossible post PS3 + Vita LittleBigPlanet games/versions closure) to unlocking the Booty Master trophy from the first LittleBigPlanet thanks to one specific community level. A member of the C.R.T. approved it and I'd expect that to be the case here too.
  • Among the hundreds of prize bubbles to be collected from the community level mentioned on the second step, there are two which contain the Newton and Evil Newton costumes (goes into your Popit), making it possible to unlock the Back to School trophy before beating either base game adventure levels rewarding them upon completion (namely Even Bosses Wear Hats Sometimes… and Race to the Stars).
Edited by Dry
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2022 at 0:26 PM, Dry said:

Working method since December 2022; PS4 version only!

Below are the steps on how to “cheat” Collector Extraordinaire trophy (from “The Journey Home” DLC) the easiest known way:

1. Play the community level titled Basically Every LBP3 Story Prize and some DLC (Over 900 items!) published by Online ID: lbphaxmods (don't worry, this level/UGC can be trusted).
    1. Collect all prize bubbles.
  2. Play the community adventure titled LittleBigPlanet 3 DLC Starter Kit (Scoreboard Prizes Included) published by Online ID: FattyMcIntosh.
    1. Within it, enter the main level and collect all prize bubbles containing goodies from The Journey Home. Also play and complete the “scoreboard prize” levels associated with the DLC’s three main story levels.
  3. Play and complete any level within The Journey Home.
    1. Yes, it's possible even on fresh local save file(s) after following the previous steps to pause the game from The Journey Home's opening cutscene From Cakes to Chaos and unlock the the trophy (and with that, all five progress tiers of the associated in-game pin) upon skipping. I made sure of this after testing on two of my spare PSN accounts after success with my main.

Two more things to take note of before I'm done with this opening post:

1. This method should be valid so long as neither community levels are deleted by their respective publishers.
  2. I see no reason why this should be considered an offence against the PSNProfiles leaderboards.
    1. Back in January 2019 I shared an easy method (now forever impossible after existing LittleBigPlanet servers across PS3 and Vita ended up closing for good) to unlocking the Booty Master trophy from LBP1 thanks to one specific community level. A member of the CRT approved it and I expect that to be the case here too.

Sorry for asking but does it work if i Don't own the dlc? Meaning it's a trophy can be obtained using this glitch without owning the dlc and only base game?

On 2/11/2023 at 3:46 AM, MohameDina9192 said:

Sorry for asking but does it work if I don't own the DLC? Meaning it's a trophy that can be obtained using this glitch without owning the DLC and only base game?

Haven't tested this myself but unless you can join another player online who owns LittleBigPlanet 3: The Journey Home (but you don't) and get them to perform the third step for/with you and then the trophy pops… my guess is no. You cannot unlock Collector Extraordinaire without owning said DLC, unlike the Spring Roll trophy which can be popped from a community level featuring Oddsock's Springinator power-up (since pin progress does not demand DLC ownership).

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dry said:

Haven't tested this myself but unless you can join another player online who owns The Journey Home (but you don't), they perform the third step for/with you and then the trophy pops, my guess is no. You cannot unlock Collector Extraordinaire without owning said DLC unlike the Spring Roll trophy which can be popped from a community level featuring Oddsock's Springinator power-up (thanks to pin progress not demanding DLC ownership).

Thanks for the reply and yah i got spring roll trophy no issues by playing with a friend of mine who has all dlcs installed and will try the collector trophy with him hoping it unlocks for me

Are there other trophies in the dlc list that i can unlock without purchasing dlc ? (Like the spring roll trophy)

On 2/11/2023 at 2:54 PM, MohameDina9192 said:

Thanks for the reply and yeah I got Spring Roll trophy no issues by playing with a friend of mine who has all DLCs installed and will try the collector trophy with him hoping it unlocks for me.

Are there other trophies in the DLC list that I can unlock without purchasing DLC (Like the Spring Roll trophy)?

I mean, if Collector Extraordinaire does in fact unlock through the way I detailed in my previous post then I suppose all but one of the remaining trophies from LittleBigPlanet 3: The Journey Home can be achieved without owning said DLC (downloaded and installed). The exception being Two's Company, Four's a Party due to the unfortunate condition (not detailed in the trophy's description) of needing to be the host player to unlock it.

This is all assuming cooperative hosts can enter into and play DLC adventure/story levels without the need for players 2/3/4 to be DLC owners too.

Look, even if it is possible to achieve this way I wouldn't recommend attempting to ace any of the three main adventure levels from The Journey Home for That Party was Ace because acing levels through cooperative play is harder vs. doing so by yourself (through solo play).

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Be careful with this.

I played through the adventure. Went and played this community pack. When I loaded Journey Home back up, Collector Extraordinaire showed up on the LBP3 screen but the trophy did not pop. Now it appears I'm glitched from being able to get the trophy at all. I deleted all save data and repeating the process does nothing, not even an in game notification shows up now.

45 minutes ago, GIBBYVA said:

Be careful with this.

I played through the adventure. Went and played this community pack. When I loaded Journey Home back up, Collector Extraordinaire showed up on the LBP3 screen but the trophy did not pop. Now it appears I'm glitched from being able to get the trophy at all. I deleted all save data and repeating the process does nothing, not even an in game notification shows up now.

You're not locked out of the trophy forever, probably just this particular method.

The trophy isn't unlocking for you because the in-game Pin synced to the game's servers. Whenever you play while connected to the internet, it will keep your Pin collection in mind at all times regardless of what's actually on your save file, so that you don't unlock the same Pin twice.

A lot of trophy unlocks are triggered by Pins. You probably can't use the level to unlock it easily anymore (unless it's copyable), but if you deleted all of your saves, disconnected your PS4 or PS5 from the internet, and then collected all of the Prize Bubbles legitimately, then you'd likely unlock the trophy this time.

53 minutes ago, blue_blur_98 said:

You're not locked out of the trophy forever, probably just this particular method.

The trophy isn't unlocking for you because the in-game Pin synced to the game's servers. Whenever you play while connected to the internet, it will keep your Pin collection in mind at all times regardless of what's actually on your save file, so that you don't unlock the same Pin twice.

A lot of trophy unlocks are triggered by Pins. You probably can't use the level to unlock it easily anymore (unless it's copyable), but if you deleted all of your saves, disconnected your PS4 or PS5 from the internet, and then collected all of the Prize Bubbles legitimately, then you'd likely unlock the trophy this time.

Thanks, I'll disconnect and grab them all again the hard way then. See if it works.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:46 AM, Colin said:

So is this allowed and trials rising is not? I already did it legit so i don't have to try it

As @Haikoooooooooo__ said before me, this method differs from the one which very briefly existed in Trails Rising. Here you obtain the necessary goodies from the prize bubbles and scoreboard bonuses from within the community levels I mentioned, then complete any LittleBigPlanet 3: The Journey Home adventure level as you would normally.

Edited by Dry

• 1 year later...

Following confirmation to the indefinite closure of LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)’s online features, this topic is now locked.

R.I.P. all LittleBigPlanet community servers (2008 - 2024).