Any way to improve dualsense battery life?

Milktastrophe

1 minute ago, Milktastrophe said:

Does anybody babysit recharging their devices like that? I don't see it as possible for people that need to say, sleep or leave the house. If it should remain in a specific range, better to have a limiter within the device that prevents it from overcharging/draining. It would behoove Sony to keep their controllers viable longer to keep people playing longer and buying more games. Well, unless the margins are better on controllers I guess.

I developed a habit of treating all my battery powered devices like that ever since ni-cads early days. Power tools, controllers, laptops, tablets, phone, car, everything. Keeps me from having the battery issues you described and keeps my devices running for years on end without needing to replace batteries. I charge them up only right before I plan to use them, then when I’m done, make sure to leave them with around a 50% charge. There is very little babysitting, since it’s really just 10 seconds to plug it in preparation of using it, then taking 10 seconds to check the levels when I’m done. I don’t have to wait by an outlet and can go on doing whatever else I need to do. 

While a better bms can help with load balancing and scheduled recharging, it’s something that gets skimped on often, especially with single cell devices. And the simple solution to a poor bms is minimal prevention. 

Other than dimming the light I don't think so. I never really have issues though. Ever since Ps3 era I have always bought 2 controllers. I plug one in to charge while I play with the other one. When the battery is low I just swap. I know that's not really the battery answer you are looking for but you would be surprised how many people don't even think to have a second controller. 

41 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I've looked some at the Pulse 3D headset, but a lot of people saying online that it hurts if you wear glasses.

They have terrible ergonomy and cheap build overall. Not worth the money. My friend had them and it was the worst headset experience he had. 
I use this headset and find it quite comfortable. https://row.hyperx.com/collections/gaming-headsets/products/hyperx-cloud-stinger-core-wireless-ps

Most of the people recommended https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7p-plus?color=white but it is too costly for me. 

Edited by Akrioz