PS3 Remasted game on PS4 trend

quit342

I've never understood why people say that. If people want to buy a re-release of a last generation game on their new system that doesn't make them naive or a "sheep" or anything like that, all it means is they want to play that game. 

Greedy corporations is debatable as well but the reason I want the Mass Effect Trilogy to be released on the PS4 is because I think it would run much better on the system. From what I played I experienced some slowdown and framedrops and I think that could all be eliminated on a current generation release. 

Parker

Hey, why me??? hahaha just kidding 

I think if they release an old PS3 game with has no trophies back there (ex: AC, DMC 4) that will be okay, but a remastered version of a contemporary game, with little differences between them, I don't think it will work.

I've never understood why people say that. If people want to buy a re-release of a last generation game on their new system that doesn't make them naive or a "sheep" or anything like that, all it means is they want to play that game. 

Greedy corporations is debatable as well but the reason I want the Mass Effect Trilogy to be released on the PS4 is because I think it would run much better on the system. From what I played I experienced some slowdown and frame drops and I think that could all be eliminated on a current generation release. 

Parker

I agree with you. I bought the Sly Collection because it has a better frame rate and i don't have to get my PS2 out again.  I would buy Mass Effect trilogy on PS4 for the reasons as you. I don't know why some people think remaster and indies are getting rid of brand new games. Remasters and indies mean there's more games to choose from. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Edited by quit342

I agree with you. I bought the Sly Collection because it has a better frame rate and i don't have to get my PS2 out again.  I would buy Mass Effect trilogy on PS4 for the reasons as you. I don't know why some people think remaster and indies are getting rid of brand new games. Remasters and indies mean there's more games to choose from. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Persona 5 took seven years to be produced due to Atlus insist in release remakes in portables and delaying to work in a new game. I'd rather that EA put effort in a eventual Mass Efect 4 than insist in release a Mass Effect Trilogy for PS4.

Greedy corporations is debatable as well but the reason I want the Mass Effect Trilogy to be released on the PS4 is because I think it would run much better on the system. From what I played I experienced some slowdown and framedrops and I think that could all be eliminated on a current generation release. 

Parker

I can understand what you mean, but I feel it need to clarify something.

I have no problems with the re-release of old games once. I've played the sly cooper trilogy and jak & daxter trilogy on my ps3, while I have some of them on PS2.

However I feel they should have made it crossplatform or something since this easily can be a trend that repeats itself.

The PS3 has re-releases of the PS2 and PS1

The PS4 will have re-re-releases of the PS3, PS2 and PS1, because there's no crossbuy

Eventually many people will shift to the PS4 and will give the same arguments of better framerate, "not wanting to get the old ps3 hooked up", the trophy argument will not be valid :P

Buying re-re-releases of games sounds a bit naive to me

And as always it will be expensive, not cheap.

This. While I'm not really a fan of PS3 games getting ported to the PS4 (I'm fine with PS2 games getting remastered in HD, but there is no reason to re-release a game that was already HD) I'd buy the Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS4 day one. 

Parker

Pretty much this.

Depending on which games were going to be done, but i already don't like the idea just based on the fact that Tomb Raider, which was a year old already got an "HD" remake. 

Yeah they tweaked it some, but if you will do that to a year old game, who's to say that half of the PS3 library won't be redone, instead of giving us "new" games. Taking some games that maybe didn't have trophy support and doing an HD remake makes sense as those titles were when PS3 launched and people don't really know much about them.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 would be a day one purchase if it ever got made, but that game to this day is still an epic shooter.

Edited by Paulie1313

Depending on which games were going to be done, but i already don't like the idea just based on the fact that Tomb Raider, which was a year old already got an "HD" remake. 

Yeah they tweaked it some, but if you will do that to a year old game, who's to say that half of the PS3 library won't be redone, instead of giving us "new" games. Taking some games that maybe didn't have trophy support and doing an HD remake makes sense as those titles were when PS3 launched and people don't really know much about them.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 would be a day one purchase if it ever got made, but that game to this day is still an epic shooter.

It sure is, I doubt it will ever be remade. Its not really Activisons thing...

I say it all depends on the games that you are trying to "remaster".

With note to Tomb Raider, the PS3 product wasn't like what they had originally created during their development tests. Definitive Edition is much closer to that, and so I'm happy to have that ported to the PS4. It's not only what they had invisioned, it was something they already had, so I can see the want to do that by Crystal Dynamics. For me personally, I never played the original, so getting the Definitive experience was a good deal contrary to all the hate it got.

I wouldn't mind certain types of collections on the PS4. The Hyperdimension Neptunia games in a bundle with special features and revised battling systems would be a nice Day One buy. But I know that people are going to suggest things like Uncharted and Resistance bundles, of which I'm personally not keen on, just because I think they serve better as PS3 games. I don't want people thinking that Sony is out to milk some more out of their franchises. For the PS4, I'd like to see a new Resistance. We already have confirmation for a new Uncharted so no biggie there.

I think they could do a rework of the Dark Cloud games as a HD bundle for the PS4, in anticipation for a new Level-5 Sony game. Or better yet, Dark Cloud 3. But when I say "rework" I don't mean just a lighting and texture quickie with trophies like I felt about the other HD Collections on the PS3. I would really love to see this come out looking like the standard gamers tend to expect from this era of game development. It doesn't have to change the mechanics or the flow of the game, add voice acting or anything like that. Just something more than "it works with HD TV's". I'd pour money onto such dedication.

I reckon they could decide to make Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's multiplayer mode a F2P experience at this point. But I believe they should at least try something inventive doing so as opposed to a HD redo of a HD redo. If they made that a cross play title between PS4, X1 and Wii U, we could have console wars at the next level might feel less inclined to feel Activision is being lame. We wouldn't have to worry about who has what console, as well as potentially paving the way for future Call of Duty titles working the same way.

But I also agree with Paulie. It's not okay to port every title possible. Not this early in the PS4's lifetime anyway. The PS3 is still living and breathing fairly well. The distinctions between the two libraries need to be respected.

I know it won't happen but I'd love to have a copy of Red Dead Redemption remastered for PS4. Definitely my favorite game from last gen, but seeing as how Rockstar never did put out a GTA HD Trilogy when so many people were asking for it, and that Red Dead is a 2010 game, I think the chances of it ever happening are pretty slim. May see GTAV come out for PS4 though.