PS3 Remasted game on PS4 trend

quit342

What do you guys feel about PS3 game on PS4 like Tomb Raider and Mass Effect Trilogy(rumor)?

I think it is a great idea. While game developers are making a new game in a series, they can introduce a series to more people. This remaster and collections might get a long, forgotten series into to active series again.    

Edited by quit342
  • Like 1

its a double edged sword to me, on one hand games that didnt get the deserved attention or was too ahead of its time could find new life with a 2nd attempt(i.e.okami,zone of enders,deception series) whereas re releasing well reconized franchises over and over again kind of floods the market and just in my opinion cheapens the franchise (i.e god of war, jak and daxter series)

• Like 2

I'd love a PS4 version of the Mass Effect Trilogy. That shit is the stink.

This. While I'm not really a fan of PS3 games getting ported to the PS4 (I'm fine with PS2 games getting remastered in HD, but there is no reason to re-release a game that was already HD) I'd buy the Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS4 day one. 

Parker

Some games I'd love to buy again and I'll buy some games again. But overall I'm just getting sick of all these re-releases. Re-release after re-release after re-release after re-release, fuck! Make it stop! Still milking it! It's already in HD!

Edited by MrCostari

I don't mind it if the developer goes out the way to say there is a sequel or something alike being also produced and released around the same time frame of the remake (if not the same day), for example the developers of Mass Effect apparently have a separate team working on the remake while another team focus on the new series. Its kinda like picking both sides of the fence I suppose unlike Tomb Raider... 

Remastered like Tomb Raider? sure thing! the detail enhancement thats actually been added and done is pretty cool. But I probably would not buy another copy of TR just to see the extra sweat and dirt on her. For those that never owned played, its a plus. Now can I get a remastered FF7?

This. While I'm not really a fan of PS3 games getting ported to the PS4 (I'm fine with PS2 games getting remastered in HD, but there is no reason to re-release a game that was already HD) I'd buy the Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS4 day one. 

Parker

I'd love a PS4 version of the Mass Effect Trilogy. That shit is the stink.

It seems a lot of people want Mass Effect Trilogy on PS4. I hope it does too.

I am surprised there isn't many people against remastered games.

as much as some people actually wanted mass effect collection on ps4 but i kinda found it funny to HD remaster an already HD game how about dark cloud HD collection for ps3, Vita and ps4 where it also have rogue galaxy as a bonus?

and since they never done it on ps3 it would be cool if they remake these 3 games and gave it this awesome current gen ps4 graphics.

i been asking for a dark cloud collection for too long to be released on ps3

dark cloud 1 is already came out as a ps2 classic, unfortunately it's only on the japanese PS store, i could push myself to get it but i wanted whether the EU or US version of the game, the japanese version don't have the bonus dungeon the demon shaft thats available in the EU / US playstation stores 

I'd like the Mass Effect bundle, and I don't think it's a case of 'making it HD', just putting it in a bundle would be nice.

Releasing PS2 games that never got a PS3 re-release would be nice also, but not re-releasing a re-release.

I wouldn't be buying yet another copy of SOTC, Jak and Daxter or DMC.

as much as some people actually wanted mass effect collection on ps4 but i kinda found it funny to HD remaster an already HD game how about dark cloud HD collection for ps3, Vita and ps4 where it also have rogue galaxy as a bonus?

and since they never done it on ps3 it would be cool if they remake these 3 games and gave it this awesome current gen ps4 graphics.

i been asking for a dark cloud collection for too long to be released on ps3

My top two wishlist for re-release is a Dark Cloud Collection and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Collection.  Both of these collections are probably not going to happen but we can wish, right. B)

My top two wishlist for re-release is a Dark Cloud Collection and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Collection.  Both of these collections are probably not going to happen but we can wish, right. B)

while i enjoyed dark cloud 1 i could do with out a hd remake but should focus on dc2

I think they're mainly doing it until they have more new games in their library. If Oblivion and Skyrim were rereleased on PS4, the former with trophies, I wouldn't complain.

Or they could do Bethesda's Greatest Games Collection that includes Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Oblivion. All of the game with 60 frames a sec and little to no loading screens. 

Sounds wrong to me.

Remastering old games that are old school is one thing, but games that were released only a few years back sounds like the combination of a greedy corporation and naive people.

However if a mass effect trilogy (example) would be only 10 euro/dollar then I can agree to it, like the original spyro trilogy is only 10 euro/dollar (could be wrong). 

• Like 1

Sounds wrong to me.

Remastering old games that are old school is one thing, but games that were released only a few years back sounds like the combination of a greedy corporation and naive people.

However if a mass effect trilogy (example) would be only 10 euro/dollar then I can agree to it, like the original spyro trilogy is only 10 euro/dollar (could be wrong). 

I've never understood why people say that. If people want to buy a re-release of a last generation game on their new system that doesn't make them naive or a "sheep" or anything like that, all it means is they want to play that game. 

Greedy corporations is debatable as well but the reason I want the Mass Effect Trilogy to be released on the PS4 is because I think it would run much better on the system. From what I played I experienced some slowdown and framedrops and I think that could all be eliminated on a current generation release. 

Parker