Rad Rodgers ~ 100% Trophy Guide

xblakestone

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023/1/11 at 0:32 PM, xblakestone said:

I have just finished writing up a 100% Walkthrough to obtain all trophies here:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/331937-rad-rodgers-~-100-trophy-guide/#comment-6563291

Thanks for the guide. The digital game is 1.0.6 now so do I need to downgrade it to 1.0.5 first in order to use the guide?

Edited by maneater2016
  • Like 1

I originally bought the digital version (v1.05 - Radical Edition) and ran into the bugs on Level 3, 5 and 7 where the crates containing gems fall through the floor when entering the pixel verse preventing you from getting 100% for those levels. I found a work around for Level 3 but none for Level 5 and 7 so ended up buying the disc version of the game which is v1.00 and played this offline so it would not upgrade to v1.05 - this is also what my 100% video guide was recorded using. The disc version (v1.00) also contains bugs where you can not obtain 2x trophies:

- Richie Rich = Collect all the Gems in the game
- Hat Collector = Find all Hats

So I had install the v1.05 patch to get these remaining ones. In the guide I list the steps how to get around these bugs and obtain all the trophies in a single play-through.

I have not seen a v1.06 version of the game so unsure what the differences are - my two copies of the game only show v1.05 in my region (Australia).

• Like 2

On 1/30/2023 at 11:56 PM, JohzyDeMartin said:

Seen you got the 100%, any bugs on 1.06? Or can it be ran normally popping every trophy from beginning to end? No funny business lol

Just played through it and all the same bugs seem to persist in 1.06.
Missing/despawning enemies and crates, bugged % completion, gem trophy popping early, overworld map freezing and locking controls permanently when completing a level after defeating the final boss, etc... What a mess

• Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 6:56 AM, JohzyDeMartin said:

Seen you got the 100%, any bugs on 1.06? Or can it be ran normally popping every trophy from beginning to end? No funny business lol

Yes, 1.06 let me unlock the hats alone. Even the fish observation trophy wouldn't unlock for me with that version. My PS4 was overheating and turning off by itself too. Quite a lot huts seemed to be glitchy, causing blue sceen crashes.
I found myself  downgrading the digital version back to 1.02. I have to warn it is not the best and easiest experience. I only did it cause I popped a trophy while I was connected to the interner not knowing how it happened, cause I normally keep it turned off each time I test new games, so I can delete my profile and the most recently obtained trophies obviously.
I recommend looking for the disk version. I remember seeing it for 5 bucks back in the day I was hesitating whether to get my hands on it or not.
The video assist I found on youtube in regards to the downgrading method I mentioned earlier only helps downgrading to an earlier version provided that you own the disk, so I had to figure out how to adapt the method to an entirely digital downgrade

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Your guide was very helpfull to get the 100%. I used the disc version and the only bug I encountered was in the 1.0.0 version of level 7 where the boss was stuck in a corner and I couldn't hit it. Besides the Gem Collector trophy popping early (In the last pinball level), I didn't encouter any glitches with the trophies.

Thank you!

There's a simple way of downloading the vanilla digital version of games. The key step is before downloading make sure your PS4 HDD hasn't got quite enough space for the game you want the vanilla version of. You can achieve this by first starting to download others from your library to fill most of your remaining HDD space, you can pause these once the download bar, remaining time and their file size appears. Now attempt to download the vanilla game you want, once you get the error not enough space message, go to network settings and turn your internet off. With the console offline resume the download of your vanilla game, it will say preparing to download 1%. Now delete the paused games you're using to trick your storage it's full and go back to settings and connect the console to the internet once more. The game will resume downloading and when it's done you'll see it's version 1.00.