Modnation Racers Platinum

DemonSlayer129-

Where's the trophy for getting somewhere on the leader board?

You have to place in the top 100 for the hot lap.

People have been cheating their way to the top 100 since I got the trophy at launch. Just keep trying to get it. The leaderboards for the hot lap reset everyday. Sooner or later you're bound to get in. I would think it'd be easier now that the servers are dead. Less real competition and less cheaters. You may end up having to boost some of the online wins if you can't find a legitimate race. You'll definitely have to boost the create trophy even if you do it by yourself.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 2

I think he means the Hotlap trophy, which requires you to place in the top 10% of the Hotlap.

It's still doable, but will take some skill. For whatever reason, the top people on Hotlap are always the same. It's like 10 of the best racers on the game who keep playing Hotlap everyday. They set crazy fast records, making it harder to place in the top 10%. You need to either get really good at racing, or get lucky one day. I got lucky and did the Hotlap on a day when none of those people were on it.

As for every other online trophy, you can easily boost them if you want.

• Like 1

Hi guys i was wondering if the platinum is still obtainable now because i heard that people cheat on the leaderboard to get the fastest record or something to be in the top x leaderboard.

It took me about 2 weeks to get the hot lap trophy because I suck. But then a track with a really easy to miss short cut came up and I was in top 10% easily. The trophy does take some luck

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

If your good it can help to level 30 as the top 10% earn 1,000 race xp where as top ten get 10,000. You do not get more than 10,000 for third though and for first im not sure, but forget about trying for first as players do use certain karts that are simply faster depending on the parts they use and its relatively unknown why they work better. 

KEY: Change your handling to +2 and speed +2 as this is the real reason people stuggle with times. Drift +2 is slow and makes it easy to play, just drift around corners and boost while turning and exiting them. I recommend an hour in hotlap as that was easy over a year ago and is more entertaining than Spending forever downloading crap you don't use. Do the above when you feel you like the course and have nobody to D4D with.

This game is very easy to platinum and only really grindy if you choose to D4D most of the time. You can check the hotlap leaderboard on modnation.com.

Thankfuly this is a great game.

• 3 months later...