Tortuga-A Pirate's Tale trophy thoughts

On 26.1.2023 at 9:51 PM, NorrinnnR said:
... or is it enough to capture them and then sell them?

That worked for me. I made a list of all 18 ship types that are needed for the trophy: (english / german)

Sloop / Schaluppe

Brig / Brigg

Barque / Bark

Schooner / Schoner

Fluyt / Fleute

Corvette / Korvette

Carrack / Karacke

Caravel / Karavelle

Frigate / Fregatte

Galleon / Galeone

Ship of the line / Linienschiff

Queen Anne / Queen Anne

Traders Fluyt / Handelsfleute

Military Frigate / Militärfregatte

Military Corvette / Militärkorvette

War Galleon / Kriegsgaleone

Pirate Barque / Piratenbark

Pirate Galleon / Piratengaleone

• Like 3

On 29.01.2023 at 5:19 PM, Tremor76 said:

That worked for me. I made a list of all 18 ship types that are needed for the trophy: (english / german)

Sloop / Schaluppe

Brig / Brigg

Barque / Bark

Schooner / Schoner

Fluyt / Fleute

Corvette / Korvette

Carrack / Karacke

Caravel / Karavelle

Frigate / Fregatte

Galleon / Galeone

Ship of the line / Linienschiff

Queen Anne / Queen Anne

Traders Fluyt / Handelsfleute

Military Frigate / Militärfregatte

Military Corvette / Militärkorvette

War Galleon / Kriegsgaleone

Pirate Barque / Piratenbark

Pirate Galleon / Piratengaleone

Thank you so much for that ??

On 31.01.2023 at 1:46 PM, Janire1911 said:

I see no one has yet earned Devilishly Talented (raid 666 convoys in one game) and Pufferfish (capture 10000 barrels of hemp in one game). Are the trophies bugged or are they just really grindy?

I got both trophies. I played for fun and the trophy with barrels fell out without problems. But the convoys had to be farmed, a little over 300.(PS4)

Passed the story on PS5. This time you will have to farm both barrels and convoys

When passing through the PS4 and PS5 versions, I met a lot of bugs. One of the most frustrating was that the game save was corrupted in some way and it was no longer possible to continue. Only new game. Sadly

Edited by Brutalosz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm only missing the 666 convoys trophy, is there a trick to boost that?
After finishing all the other trophies, I only had 335 convoys.

Today, I arrive with difficulty at 486 but I find only very few convoys... About 10-15 per hour.

Thanks tou,

• 1 month later...

To anyone struggling to get platinum of this game, especially  a little grindy Devilishly Talented (raid 666 convoys in one game) trophy some tips. Play game normaly with 6 ships till you get other trophies and finish story missions. Then switch to one your best ship (it helps to find convoys with less ships like  2-3 instead of 6 if you had full fleet of 6 ships yourself and reduce raid time) , sail around a map and complete governors quests which make spawn convoys (like personal protection, bounty, information procurement, etc), battle every convoy you meet and try balance countrys reputations not to fall to low with governors quests. Save before every battle or rng decision use few save slots. Best skills I chose for my main captain boarding expert, boarding frenzy, lead storm, armor piercer, master of the seas, veteran crew, legendary reputation and last three was empty. Ship queen anne for more damage, it was easy enough to fight 3 enemy ships with this setup (fastest way is just to shot and sink enemy ships, instead of boarding, if you want to save time, intimidating with save/load works too, but later rng percentage is too low to win and battles are a lot faster, averall you can raid maybe 50 convoys in hour) . I competed game maybe one third raids done, it took few hours to get 666, check your stats how many you have done.  

Pufferfish trophy ( capture 10000 barrels of hemp in one game) is best done by raiding towns, New Orleans worked for me, raided few times, use save/load before every rng to get most loot and have big fleet to move it. 

Other trophies not so bad to get, only to complete all captains adventures, mary read's mission for the history books gliched, stuck on sail to santo domingo and it is till now, maybe they patched it dont know, switching between captains poped it somehow. 

Good luck :)