Cant add funds

poker_1987

Wtf is this shit. Added 20 via gift card to my account. Tried to buy stuff on ps3 asked me confirm debit card. Wouldn't accept it. Removed it and managed to buy item with my in funds wallet

Well done Sony, you've convinced me to not renew my plus premium as I cba adding my card again

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain. Can't even add funds on the PS Store website most of the time because it doesn't work and gives you an error. Same whenever I tried to use a PS4 or PS5 console to add funds via credit card. It just doesn't work most of the time. The only surefire way to do it is with gift cards. 

The price you pay for playing 15 year old, outdated, unsecure tech still I suppose. I wouldn't keep any of my card info on the PS3 especially debit card info as that shit is not secure. The whole point as to why they want you to use gift cards instead so they're not liable if your stuff gets hacked and stolen. 

The alternative is they close the store altogether for the PS3 which everybody complained about when they suggested it so this is the crude solution we get instead. It is what it is. 

52 minutes ago, poker_1987 said:

Wtf is this shit. Added 20 via gift card to my account. Tried to buy stuff on ps3 asked me confirm debit card. Wouldn't accept it. Removed it and managed to buy item with my in funds wallet

Well done Sony, you've convinced me to not renew my plus premium as I cba adding my card again

Due to outdated security measures, they removed credit card verification on the ps3. It's always more secure to just use pre-paid cards instead of saving payment info

1 hour ago, poker_1987 said:

Important to note: the banks and merchants, in coordination with data security professionals create and revise data handling standards regularly, mostly to protect themselves from fraud, but indirectly to protect consumers using their products from being frauded. 

Sony was right to bow out of maintaining the PS3 from handling financial information and only allow it to access funds in other, more secure ways, again to protect themselves, but also indirectly to keep people from having potential financial problems. 

If that's the line you draw for subscribing to Plus in the future from your phone, computer, PS4, or PS5, to show your frustration, that's your right, clearly. But hopefully you're open to understanding the bigger picture.