1,000,000 drift points.

xPatTheCatx

• 3 months later...

Funnily enough, I just now got 2 million points with the Viper xD

Key for me was to go into the difficulty settings, switch off "drift mode - counter steer assist". For some reason, this allows me to get easy multipliers on the downhill straights. Basically, you have to hold the gas, steer left or right and immediately hold the handbrake and the car will break out long enough to actually count it as a drift and you get a multiplier from it. It's completely broken. If anyone is struggling, give that a try. I was already at 1 million points just after the end of the first section (out of three).

Edited by Asimb0mb
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

Funnily enough, I just now got 2 million points with the Viper xD

Key for me was to go into the difficulty settings, switch off "drift mode - counter steer assist". For some reason, this allows me to get easy multipliers on the downhill straights. Basically, you have to hold the gas, steer left or right and immediately hold the handbrake and the car will break out long enough to actually count it as a drift and you get a multiplier from it. It's completely broken. If anyone is struggling, give that a try. I was already at 1 million points just after the end of the first section (out of three).

Did you tune it or did you leave it as default?

Edit (If anyone wanna try my setup):

I did it with viper as well, I really liked the 370z on the other drift stages but I just couldn’t get it to work on the tighter parts.

I tuned the viper to all bars to the left except the last one (don’t remember what it was) which I had on one step to the right of the others.

For other settings I had 0 on both traction and stability but 5 on ABS, automatic gearbox and counter-steer assist off like Asimb0mb said.

Edited by chilly_schrimp

Yeah, you just need to keep your combo up through the many straights in this unbelievably stupid course for drifting. That is the only secret: you must "drift" side to side in order to keep up your combo. A .02 second drift can be worth tens or hundreds of thousands of points if you get the multiplier to go up again. 

Utterly stupid, just like every other drift challenge in every racing game known to man. 

23 hours ago, chilly_schrimp said:

Did you tune it or did you leave it as default?

Edit (If anyone wanna try my setup):

I did it with viper as well, I really liked the 370z on the other drift stages but I just couldn’t get it to work on the tighter parts.

I tuned the viper to all bars to the left except the last one (don’t remember what it was) which I had on one step to the right of the others.

For other settings I had 0 on both traction and stability but 5 on ABS, automatic gearbox and counter-steer assist off like Asimb0mb said.

I did not tune mine, I'm not sure what any of the tuning actually does for the car (I'm a noob).