[Video] Finally Get Infinity x10 from Fortune & Strength Door - Mythbusted

R_vNistelrooy

I see so many different advice online about getting Infinity x10 esp when you are already inside. Some are wild guesses and even contradictory. After trying for a week, here are my successful attempt video recorded and some observations. Hope this helps the game world eliminate as many variables as possible, and get a final answer 12 years after P3P released.

• Only ONE ally is killed by roulette explosion. I let the Dog out (pun intended) twice to cover two scenario - resurrected in the next turn, and remain dead in the end. 
  • "All allies dead" is not needed.
  • No "all Red/Blue roulette" requirement.
  • "Critical hit only" is not a factor.
  • "All-out attack to finish" is not a must.
  • No need to "get status from roulette and then be killed by Strength". (Don't waste time grinding the AOE by Strength after roulette explosion)
  • "Whole team suffer status aliment" is not required. (Koromaru - Dog Died Twice, but never under status). I intentionally get my team panic before finishing Strength to cover another guess -to kill boss right after suffering status from roulette.

Edited by R_vNistelrooy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome that is really helpful, thanks so much for sharing! I'm prepping for these bosses and still need a bunch of Homunculus, one more Armageddon and 10 infinity spells. I've managed to get all the best weapons and level my four characters to 99. I think I will use Junpei to die in this, as he's my weak low level character, although I barely used Koro either.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried 3 to 5 times to get the 10 x infinity cards to drop and never got them. It was just easier to grind them out from the boutique store from collecting pearls and malachites. 

I only needed 5 infinity cards to beat Elizabeth and didn't use any on Margaret at all. 

I was able to get the 10 armageddon cards to drop but you only need 2 (1 for each Elizabeth and 1 for Margaret). 

• 3 weeks later...

Just going to share my findings here because i wasted the last 8 hours of my life on this drop and have SCOURED every corner of the internet for any information that could help to no avail.

I think the drop might relate to either party members or party levels. I did this fight all day using my main party (akihiko, aigis, yukari - all 99, ultimate gear) without any luck but when i finally felt like I'd tried every method I'd found online enough times to call them ineffective i thought I'd try something different and moved to other team members. I went with Koromaru, Mitsuru and Junpei. They are all completely underlevelled for me, I haven't even touched two of them so naturally they did a lot of dying. They all died during the strength fight so i revived them but they all kept dying after so i eventually just stopped bothering and just left them dead while i took care of the bosses. Towards the end of the fortune part i tried healing them all but left one of them dead as the boss fight finished. I don't think any of them died to the roulette table because this time i was just trying to end the fight faster and to my memory hit all blue squares on the damage tables.

I did this fight dozens of times but switching party members got it first try for me. Not sure if its party member related, their levels, the sheer amount of deaths that occurred in the fight or the fact that the battle ran on for a very long time giving some unknown factor a chance to trigger but just wanted to put alternative findings out there for anyone else who's been tearing their hair out like i have all day because I haven't seen any kind of mention of anything party related for unlocking the Infinity items.

Now to go take out 8 hours worth of frustrations on Theo

• 3 months later...

Nah, it’s none of these things. I’ve done the (supposed) requirements, I’ve switched members. Strangely, I got Thunder Call x 10 to drop, with absolutely nothing special.

(And this all assumes that there’s anything going on here, though I find that in slow battles, I tend to get gems. But my guess? It’s luck.)

Edited by starcrunch061

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am just going to grind out Monado if I can't get this prize because I am not about to RNG Manip just to get 10 Infinity, even though I know that I have to have 20 of these freaks to survive the Elizabeth fight. I am seriously considering putting this game back in the freezer and focusing on my fun account. ?