Can you boost in private match?

SnowblindSan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
30 minutes ago, Kaiswar said:

Because the robber can't find you, right? 

Finding each other with friends is not a problem, is it? 

You can't boost this game. You can lobby up with your friends *as survivors*, I think. But you can't matchmake with your friend as a villain. They changed the matchmaking back when I did this game, so one of the trophy guides is now 100% wrong on basically everything.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly what I meant.

On 8/25/2023 at 7:42 PM, BeautifulTorment said:

You can't boost this game. You can lobby up with your friends *as survivors*, I think. But you can't matchmake with your friend as a villain. They changed the matchmaking back when I did this game, so one of the trophy guides is now 100% wrong on basically everything.

• 1 month later...

Now that Season 4 is here and we can play as a villain again, I wanted to ask if it's possible to boost the game again? I just need to collect the Dragon Balls and defeat the villain or, in case, fight against Broly with the transformation.

Edited by Stevieboy

• 4 months later...
On 11/1/2023 at 2:41 PM, Kaiswar said:

Now that Season 4 is here and we can play as a villain again, I wanted to ask if it's possible to boost the game again? I just need to collect the Dragon Balls and defeat the villain or, in case, fight against Broly with the transformation.

Did you ever find out if it's boostable?

As someone who just started the game 2 weeks ago in the newest season (season 5), the game is 100% boostable, just not in private matches.  The group I've been boosting with is 4 people that each have 2 consoles, so we've been having whoever's turn it is as raider also host the survivor lobby, which the rest of us fill up.  They added crossplay features, and with all of us having crossplay turned off, we've been able to find the survivor groups constantly without encountering randoms.  The game, unfortunately, is still region locked, so having someone from a different region, even if they are filling in a survivor spot, seems to make it so that the raider isn't able to match with the survivor group.

Also, if just boosting raider matches, the matches have to last at least 3 minutes in order for it to count for the raider.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2024 at 10:42 PM, shawn-norris said:

As someone who just started the game 2 weeks ago in the newest season (season 5), the game is 100% boostable, just not in private matches.  The group I've been boosting with is 4 people that each have 2 consoles, so we've been having whoever's turn it is as raider also host the survivor lobby, which the rest of us fill up.  They added crossplay features, and with all of us having crossplay turned off, we've been able to find the survivor groups constantly without encountering randoms.  The game, unfortunately, is still region locked, so having someone from a different region, even if they are filling in a survivor spot, seems to make it so that the raider isn't able to match with the survivor group.

Also, if just boosting raider matches, the matches have to last at least 3 minutes in order for it to count for the raider.

Excellent post, you beat me to it. Yes I can 100% confirm that boosting is very doable now with crossplay switched off. Everything else you said is spot on too.

The region lock is at the game level - I know because I've been using my US alt to boost with our group, so you could play with people from other regions if you wanted to, you would just have to buy the game using an alt.

We ran into another boosting group last week but fortunately we only met each other once. We are using a PSN Party but I don't know if that helps or not.