Any advice for playing as the demon?

Taliesin_2943

I've been playing for a few hours and so far I've killed 1 survivor like no matter what they just flick their weapon and it takes out even my bosses and while I can damage them till they have just a sliver of health and suddenly the damage stops and they just tank it till my possession ends then drink something to refill their health and I'm just left wondering wtf 

27 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I've been playing for a few hours and so far I've killed 1 survivor like no matter what they just flick their weapon and it takes out even my bosses and while I can damage them till they have just a sliver of health and suddenly the damage stops and they just tank it till my possession ends then drink something to refill their health and I'm just left wondering wtf 

There used to be a glitch, where they could just drop their cola while drinking it I believe, then pick up the cola again. So basically some / a lot of survivors used to abuse this. If I am not mistaken, this was not patched, but don´t quote me on that one. When playing as the demon you basically have to get lucky in order to find survivors that are not aware of the glitch...

I used to use a spam build where I was able to bomb them with a lot of units at once, which gives them a hard time to even use the glitch since they are constantly under pressure.

Wish you good luck.

Btw: If you want to get the remaining exp after you have finished everything else: Just start up a game as demon and let it run while doing something else. you will not get kicked and still get good exp.

30 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

There used to be a glitch, where they could just drop their cola while drinking it I believe, then pick up the cola again. So basically some / a lot of survivors used to abuse this. If I am not mistaken, this was not patched, but don´t quote me on that one. When playing as the demon you basically have to get lucky in order to find survivors that are not aware of the glitch...

I used to use a spam build where I was able to bomb them with a lot of units at once, which gives them a hard time to even use the glitch since they are constantly under pressure.

Wish you good luck.

Btw: If you want to get the remaining exp after you have finished everything else: Just start up a game as demon and let it run while doing something else. you will not get kicked and still get good exp.

Ok but how are they 1 shotting me? I just want my 30 wins and 10 kills as a boss

I've been playing as Puppeteer and winning most of my games. My advice for playing Pup: go for a build that prioritizes basic and boss damage. Spend the first few minutes of the game spamming traps and roaming the map. As soon as you run into a survivor or if they make noise, stick with them and just keep harassing them. Prioritize solo players. Downing an enemy gives you a fuckton of exp, if their revive timer runs out that gives you even more.

Your goal should basically be just to get as much exp as possible - don't worry about winning until they get to the dark ones, though if you've leveled enough you might be able to get them before they finish the second point objective. Prioritize possession and basic summons as Puppeteer because his basics are fucking monsters. I mostly don't use elites except when the objectives are running and constantly generating points. If you do use them, place them farther away so they can get zaps in while your basics or you yourself attack survivors up close. Again, until dark ones your goal should be spamming traps (and chests, which give 4x as much exp as a scare trap) and doing as much damage to survivors as possible plus isolating and downing players. Supports are squishy, and if you can down an enemy during your boss phase as Puppeteer unless the team is extremely coordinated and strong you can just camp the downed teammate by circling while invisible and attacking every time a survivor tries to revive. Once one survivor has died for real your chances of winning snowball because they'll be so much more vulnerable and the exp gain is so massive - plus if you downed an isolated survivor, you can camp their soul and possibly use it to down even more survivors. The fear dash also interrupts revives and since they're stationary targets is a fantastic way to get more infernal energy.

Another thing is, possessing survivors with fast melee weapons (e.g syringes or the machete) is great because you can stunlock other survivors. Slow melee weapons are almost impossible to do damage with. Survivors can also stunlock you with ranged fire pretty easily so try to get close to them or be the one to fire first. If everyone else is downed, you can also possess survivors to get them out of the objective or let other survivors die. Mia is the queen of team killing because she favors the machete, has ridiculous melee damage, and her power raises her fear. Use her well.

Overall my skill priority as Pup is:

Possession = Basic summon = Demonic Powers > Boss summon > Traps > Elite summon > Infernal energy. But this is variable as the situation demands. E.g. if you're level 4 and you still haven't found the survivors you can afford to buff your traps.

Also a thing to remember about demon is that demons are OP at low skill levels but underpowered at high skill levels, because demon play requires capitalizing on survivors' mistakes. Well coordinated teams are hell and that's normal. Also, Ruby is broken right now, especially with Hunter Ash (who can force you out of a unit every minute with Ruby's cooldown reduction). If I go up against Ruby, ESPECIALLY with a HAsh, I'll sometimes just idle because unless the team sucks the characters are just too broken.

Edited by Darling Baphomet

24 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I've been playing as Puppeteer and winning most of my games. My advice for playing Pup: go for a build that prioritizes basic and boss damage. Spend the first few minutes of the game spamming traps and roaming the map. As soon as you run into a survivor or if they make noise, stick with them and just keep harassing them. Prioritize solo players. Downing an enemy gives you a fuckton of exp, if their revive timer runs out that gives you even more.

Your goal should basically be just to get as much exp as possible - don't worry about winning until they get to the dark ones, though if you've leveled enough you might be able to get them before they finish the second point objective. Prioritize possession and basic summons as Puppeteer because his basics are fucking monsters. I mostly don't use elites except when the objectives are running and constantly generating points. If you do use them, place them farther away so they can get zaps in while your basics or you yourself attack survivors up close. Again, until dark ones your goal should be spamming traps (and chests, which give 4x as much exp as a scare trap) and doing as much damage to survivors as possible plus isolating and downing players. Supports are squishy, and if you can down an enemy during your boss phase as Puppeteer unless the team is extremely coordinated and strong you can just camp the downed teammate by circling while invisible and attacking every time a survivor tries to revive. Once one survivor has died for real your chances of winning snowball because they'll be so much more vulnerable and the exp gain is so massive - plus if you downed an isolated survivor, you can camp their soul and possibly use it to down even more survivors. The fear dash also interrupts revives and since they're stationary targets is a fantastic way to get more infernal energy.

Another thing is, possessing survivors with fast melee weapons (e.g syringes or the machete) is great because you can stunlock other survivors. Slow melee weapons are almost impossible to do damage with. Survivors can also stunlock you with ranged fire pretty easily so try to get close to them or be the one to fire first. If everyone else is downed, you can also possess survivors to get them out of the objective or let other survivors die. Mia is the queen of team killing because she favors the machete, has ridiculous melee damage, and her power raises her fear. Use her well.

Possession = Basic summon = Demonic Powers > Boss summon > Traps > Elite summon > Infernal energy. But this is variable as the situation demands. E.g. if you're level 4 and you still haven't found the survivors you can afford to buff your traps.

Also a thing to remember about demon is that demons are OP at low skill levels but underpowered at high skill levels, because demon play requires capitalizing on survivors' mistakes. Well coordinated teams are hell and that's normal. Also, Ruby is broken right now, especially with Hunter Ash (who can force you out of a unit every minute with Ruby's cooldown reduction). If I go up against Ruby, ESPECIALLY with a HAsh, I'll sometimes just idle because unless the team sucks the characters are just too broken.

Hmm this is some great advice I'm using puppet guy so this helps. I finally got 1 win and 1 boss vs survivor kill cause I honestly think it was 2 people with 2 consoles each cause they would randomly stop then others would move but usually the instant I summon the boss or even a basic the survivors just cut through like a hot knife through butter and they just tank damage once there at a sliver like I can't down them I got lucky this last match and had the opportunity to actually keep hitting them

The most important advice I found is level up your demon! Can't stress enough how much difference a high level demons with a lot of perks does compared to a low leveled demon. I struggled myself in the beginning, but when I hit level 25+ it started getting noticeable easier to put pressure on survivors. A good build is also recommended as you shouldn't just spend alot of skill point on random skills. There is some good build suggestions if you search on the internet that you can try to go for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

What do I do if the whole game all the survivors turn into freaking transformers I go up spawn a boss or just minions and suddenly they are in a car when no car was there before I just had a whole game where they all did this any time I'd try to attack boom in a car driving away till 2 of them gets the dagger or pages and they beat the old ones from the car defended the book by ramming all the deadites with their cars

So, I got all my wins with the Warlord.  Spend the first quarter of the game ignoring the survivors, just setting traps everywhere (especially the dagger and necronomicon locations) and leveling up.  The first 3 points going into traps so that they are fully leveled and doing your job for you while you continue to set traps and level up.  I'd then dump my points into elite portals, basic portals, and demon powers until all three are full.  By this time the survivors have found all the map pieces so head to whichever objective they activate and spam portals and your circle power which strengthens all units within its radius.  This should be punishing them fairly well and draining them of shemps and amulets.  During this I dump my points into demonic energy and the boss, prioritizing energy since I use the boss only as a last resort in the off chance that the survivors defeat the dark ones.  Usually a 50/50 chance that they make it to the second objective.  If they do, no big deal, just keep spamming portals and circle ability.  Possession was always the last thing to receive any points as I rarely used it other than to occasionally take control of a survivor to empty their ammo and/or run them into a nearby trap to spawn even more units.  Most games ended at first or second objective but a few did get to the dark ones.  Again just spam portals and buff ability.  If they defeated the dark ones then I would finally pull out the boss and either put them down or go ape shit on the necronomicon.  However most games ended without ever needing to spawn the boss which also gets you Effortless Evil.  In your actual demon build focus on strengthening elite and basic units as well as the skill that increases the time it takes to get the dagger and necronomicon objectives so you have longer to spam.

11 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Ok but how are they 1 shotting me? I just want my 30 wins and 10 kills as a boss

High level survivors are just really powerful, unfortunately, especially if they get legendaries. Your boss is also pretty weak as Puppeteer until you upgrade him a few times. And even then you shouldn't be using him for sustained attacks - he's best played using hit and run tactics. You can get a few good hits on an isolated target, then go back to being invisible before everyone can gang up on you.

But yeah some hunters / melee survivors that have their characters maxed out are just overpowered as fuck.

Also re: the healing thing you can stagger survivors trying to heal. Not always, some characters like Warrior Ash seem to have resistance to being staggered. But for most of them if you can keep up the attack they won't be able to heal.

8 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

What do I do if the whole game all the survivors turn into freaking transformers I go up spawn a boss or just minions and suddenly they are in a car when no car was there before I just had a whole game where they all did this any time I'd try to attack boom in a car driving away till 2 of them gets the dagger or pages and they beat the old ones from the car defended the book by ramming all the deadites with their cars

Sometimes cars spawn from nowhere mid-game, but that sounds like a lag issue or something of the sort. Could be they were cheating, too. You can always possess the car to force them to attack it.

10 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

High level survivors are just really powerful, unfortunately, especially if they get legendaries. Your boss is also pretty weak as Puppeteer until you upgrade him a few times. And even then you shouldn't be using him for sustained attacks - he's best played using hit and run tactics. You can get a few good hits on an isolated target, then go back to being invisible before everyone can gang up on you.

But yeah some hunters / melee survivors that have their characters maxed out are just overpowered as fuck.

Also re: the healing thing you can stagger survivors trying to heal. Not always, some characters like Warrior Ash seem to have resistance to being staggered. But for most of them if you can keep up the attack they won't be able to heal.

Sometimes cars spawn from nowhere mid-game, but that sounds like a lag issue or something of the sort. Could be they were cheating, too. You can always possess the car to force them to attack it.

Any ideas on the WE SHALL BE AGAIN trophy cause I've hit the fear level cap a few times and nothing so hopefully it's actually the demons level

49 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Any ideas on the WE SHALL BE AGAIN trophy cause I've hit the fear level cap a few times and nothing so hopefully it's actually the demons level

Yep you need to reach level 45 with your favourite demon.

Use your spirit points by pressing and holding :triangle: to level up and spend all the skill points and buffed up your demon.

Either spend it all in maximizing your health or damage or equally distribute, it's upto you.

Edited by zulqarmessi