Mister fancy bike game breaking bug

For everyone trying to do the side mission 'Mister fancy bike' be warned. I was going for the motor museum trophy (collect 30 cars in your garage) since it was literally my last trophy. I was on 29 cars and wanted to do this side mission since it grants you a unique vehicle as a reward upon completing. I did the race and upon arriving whilst loading, the game crashed on me. It corrupted or deleted all my save files. I even tried to redownload a previous save from my online storage but to na avail. The game kept making a new file and acted as if my previous files didn't exist. Because I had no other options i restarted the game on the easiest difficulty and completed it all the way trough by speedrunning. For the second time in a different save file, the game crashed on me on the exact moment i completed the race, luckily none of the files were corrupted. I haven't tried the race a third time because i don't want to lose al my progress. So for future people be aware of this game breaking bug 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, JWill_55 said:

So just to confirm , what’s the alternate thing to do?

collect all 30 before this mission or can the mission be ignored ? 

Side quests are accessible in Free Ride mode. This mode is separate from the story mode.

So, you can just finish the story first, back up your save data, and then start Free Ride mode.

P.S. During story mode, it is recommended to collect the main story exclusive collectibles.

7 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Side quests are accessible in Free Ride mode. This mode is separate from the story mode.

So, you can just finish the story first, back up your save data, and then start Free Ride mode.

P.S. During story mode, it is recommended to collect the main story exclusive collectibles.

but do you need it for the platinum or it’s just an extra side quest that can be avoided?

• Like 2