RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption - Congrats to SWWDevereux! (Completed)

Update 4:

Assassin`s Creed: Origins

10 0+ 70(1xG,15xS,34xB) - 25,13 = 144,87 + 12(DLC1:4xS,4xB)+ 3(DLC2:3xB)+ 13(DLC3:1xG,2xS,3xB)=172,87

First time playing one of the AC RPGs. Good game but the RPG elements felt a bit fake and it is much to patronizing (I don`t need reminders of things that I do the entire game everytime time I can do them with no option to deactivate said reminders).

Total Score: 617,12

• Like 3

On 21/06/2023 at 7:41 PM, YokA_sun said:

10th update:

Yakuza: Like A Dragon: 100+(6x1+2x3+1x58=)70-12.84(rarity)+50(Speedrun)=207.16

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been over a year since I played LAD, but isn't there a tennis court you can run around in the North section of the main city? Go check and claim your 50 seasonal stacker points ;)

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 9:20 PM, SWWDevereux said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been over a year since I played LAD, but isn't there a tennis court you can run around in the North section of the main city? Go check and claim your 50 seasonal stacker points ;)

ahhh this is the third time I plat this game but I don't recall a tennis court. You meant the baseball minigame? There is also the soccer field. no tennis unfortunately. 

• Like 1

#4 game:

So I am not sure if Seasonal and Speed Bonus are applicable to most wanted games. If not, that’s 100 points off. 

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited: 100 + (3xG, 5xS, 42xB) = 70 - 1.77 (platinum rarity) - 0 (0% starting percentage) * 5 (Most Wanted) + 50 (Speed Run) + 50 (Seasonal Stacker) = 941.15pts

There is a tennis racket (a joke weapon) in the game:

An alternative to imgur but the photo is auto-resized:

Spoiler

IMG-1639.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

#4 game:

So I am not sure if Seasonal and Speed Bonus are applicable to most wanted games. If not, that’s 100 points off. 

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited: 100 + (3xG, 5xS, 42xB) = 70 - 1.77 (platinum rarity) - 0 (0% starting percentage) * 5 (Most Wanted) + 50 (Speed Run) + 50 (Seasonal Stacker) = 941.15pts

I promise to revisit Disgaea 3 on the Vita when I finally pay for a new Vita. :P

Maybe revisit Disgaea 4 on the Vita too. Now all they need to do is make Disgaea 2 Complete and I'd be a happy camper.

Anyways, I've been very busy trying to take down FFXIV, but still sleeping on Garuda and starting a personal challenge of my own. So if you saw my FFXIV trophy count jump up, that's... because I used a story skip to get that character's MSQ completed up to Endwalker so I could focus on the job building. xD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Maybe revisit Disgaea 4 on the Vita too. Now all they need to do is make Disgaea 2 Complete and I'd be a happy camper.

Oh yeah, I keep telling myself that I will play Disgaea 3 one day too. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و  just not been the right time yet. 

If you do end up revisiting 4 on a new VITA in the future and if you don’t already know, beware of its incredible slowness. What I saw of the Complete+ edition on YT blew me away with how much faster it is. This one is a bit of a snail but certainly not too bad, it’s mostly the immediate comparison between both versions that highlights the difference. 

18 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

Oh yeah, I keep telling myself that I will play Disgaea 3 one day too. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و  just not been the right time yet. 

If you do end up revisiting 4 on a new VITA in the future and if you don’t already know, beware of its incredible slowness. What I saw of the Complete+ edition on YT blew me away with how much faster it is. This one is a bit of a snail but certainly not too bad, it’s mostly the immediate comparison between both versions that highlights the difference.

Yeah, I expect that the Vita version of the games will be slow. But I don't play my Vita all at once, I just do it in small bits when I am away from the house. ;)

On 22/06/2023 at 0:21 PM, SWWDevereux said:

Two short games, probably my last ones for the month.

I lied! Saw this game on sale for £2 and couldn't resist. Great little indie rpg, very unique.

Completion #14 - Away: Journey to the Unexpected

75 + (0xG, 3xS, 13xB) = 94 - 28.16 = 65.84 + 50 speed run (1st/144 ^_^) + 100 seasonal stacker = 215.84

Seasonal Stacker:

1891063563c79-screenshot-Url.jpg

One of the bosses is a game of Ping Pong (Table Tennis).

1891062ddb994-screenshot-Url.jpg

1891063015e27-screenshot-Url.jpg

• Like 3

Some great games played this month!

For July, this is the height of Summer and with that comes the school holidays and all the excitement that comes with it. Now I know that everyone likes going to the beach and that is always in a lot of JRPG's, but my favourite thing is to explore somewhere I haven't before. So for July, the theme is Unexpected Vacation Spots, places off the beaten track that you find when holidaying. Hidden caves, ruins in the middle of forests, waterfalls with amazing views, these are all exciting places that don't involve sand (mostly). 

Standings have been updated with @SWWDevereux making it into the top 3 this month and @Fenrirfeather finishing a Most Wanted game in Disgaea 4. A much quieter month as many people are finishing the Pixel Remasters or are doing more Summer related things. In any case, I hope that everyone is having a good time and playing some fun games and hopefully Final Fantasy XVI is living up to the hype too. 

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Some great games played this month!

For July, this is the height of Summer and with that comes the school holidays and all the excitement that comes with it. Now I know that everyone likes going to the beach and that is always in a lot of JRPG's, but my favourite thing is to explore somewhere I haven't before. So for July, the theme is Unexpected Vacation Spots, places off the beaten track that you find when holidaying. Hidden caves, ruins in the middle of forests, waterfalls with amazing views, these are all exciting places that don't involve sand (mostly). 

I will update the standings soon.

i am on holiday in italy now so i continue with gaming once i am back but now i am enjoying my holiday 

Gonna drop a big game in a few days, so be warned. ;)

7 hours ago, maxfighter23___ said:

Well, thank goodness that the seasonal theme has changed to something I can do. I think my next entry will be able to claim that bonus. ;)

On 6/28/2023 at 8:16 PM, Xylobe said:

I admittedly tried to no-life it in advance of a big trip I'll be taking next month

Against all odds, I managed to eke out one last completion between getting ready for my flight tomorrow: #6 is Monster Monpiece! I'd done most of the work years ago, but I'm not sure how I can check the completion percentage without having marked it down. I'm pretty sure it was in the 70s, so I'll work out the score accordingly:

100 + (6*1) + (2*2) + (1*8) - 10.74 - 20 = 87.26 points! Not much, but better than nothing!

• Like 4

Well, it's about (expletive deleted) time....

1L077ab2.png

Platinum #1:  9th Dawn III

100 + 14 (trophies: 6B, 1S, 1G) - 0.85 (platinum %) - 25 (80+% completion before April 1) + 50 (speedrun: only 3rd PSNP member to platinum the game) = 138.15

Now to find something a little shorter and less grindy/aggravating to play....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, acasser said:

Well, it's about (expletive deleted) time....

1L077ab2.png

Platinum #1:  9th Dawn III

100 + 14 (trophies: 6B, 1S, 1G) - 0.85 (platinum %) - 25 (80+% completion before April 1) + 50 (speedrun: only 3rd PSNP member to platinum the game) = 138.15

Now to find something a little shorter and less grindy/aggravating to play....

How many hours did you put into it?

5 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

How many hours did you put into it?

My original save file had ~130 hours on it when it corrupted.  I had ~190 hours of play on this save file where I wrapped up the rest; I didn't have to do quite everything for the platinum trophy on this one.  Some duplication, but it's hard to figure out just how much.

But this only covers actual play-time.  As I've mentioned in the guide that I wrote for the game (currently sitting in PSNP's evaluation queue), there's a lot of save/exit-to-menu/re-load involved related to farming monster drops and the timer only counts time actually "in-game".  I submitted the guide with the suggestion that it's a 200 hour platinum for the running clock alone, but 250 or even 300 might have been a more accurate number for typical experience.... assuming that anybody else is mashocistic enough to want to repeat my experiences -- hopefully sans file corruption.

It's probably not the worst/longest platinum grind I've done -- all one has to do is go through my trophy profile and see some of the titles for an idea of what I've submitted myself to over the years.  But it's definitely way up there.

1L773d3c.png

Kingdom Hearts III

Scoring: 100 + (3x6+10x2+32) = 170 - 17.59% = 152.41 + 50(seasonal stacker) = 252.41 points

Finally got this platinum on Indepedence Day 2023, woo! This had a long slog but it got easier once I pushed myself to complete the main story. I did get all the Lucky Emblems and chests before fighting the final boss. Then it was just doing the mini-games, grinding out crystals, and finding ingredients. If I hear "This looks like a great place for ingredients" one more time...!

Also, this gets the seasonal stacker for unexpected vacation spots. While Sora does visit a few beaches in The Caribbean, he visits a lot of different locales. If you don't like sand because it gets in your shorts, you can visit Rapunzel in the Kingdom of Corona as that has a bunch of beautiful forest settings. Or you can visit the urban areas of Toy Box, San Fransokyo and Monstropolis, or if you really hate the sun, just find Elsa in her ice castle in Arandelle! I promise you'll be freezing so bad that you will be begging to go back to Caribbean heat! xD

If you really want to get unexpected vacation spots, there's no better place than ancient Greece in Hercule's World! I think Hades is back home now... :P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

1L773d3c.png

Kingdom Hearts III

Scoring: 100 + (3x6+10x2+32) = 170 - 17.59% = 152.41 + 50(seasonal stacker) = 252.41 points

Finally got this platinum on Indepedence Day 2023, woo! This had a long slog but it got easier once I pushed myself to complete the main story. I did get all the Lucky Emblems and chests before fighting the final boss. Then it was just doing the mini-games, grinding out crystals, and finding ingredients. If I hear "This looks like a great place for ingredients" one more time...!

Also, this gets the seasonal stacker for unexpected vacation spots. While Sora does visit a few beaches in The Caribbean, he visits a lot of different locales. If you don't like sand because it gets in your shorts, you can visit Rapunzel in the Kingdom of Corona as that has a bunch of beautiful forest settings. Or you can visit the urban areas of Toy Box, San Fransokyo and Monstropolis, or if you really hate the sun, just find Elsa in her ice castle in Arandelle! I promise you'll be freezing so bad that you will be begging to go back to Caribbean heat! xD

If you really want to get unexpected vacation spots, there's no better place than ancient Greece in Hercule's World! I think Hades is back home now... :P

congrats with your completion within 1 week then i continue with gaming right now enjoying my holiday 

Update 6:

Maglam Lord

100 + 69 (7xG, 8xS, 11xB) - 13,43 = 155,57

The combat system reminded me of an simplyfied early Tales of game and the short mission structure made the gameplay loop highly addictive to me (the just one more mission feeling). The game would have been perfect on the PSVita/3(2)DS as it looks and feels like a typical rpg for this handhelds.

Total Score: 882,58

• Like 4