Did something change cause this got weird

Ok so I strictly only have a physical copy of resident evil village it's always asked me for the disk to play it but afew minutes ago I accidentally clicked the tile for it (completely expecting it to like always say I need the disk and can just go back to the playstation homescreen) but it opens the game it let me continue from my last save it lets me play the game but I checked there's no disk in the console it's in the game box and even checked I don't have any shap or firm if a digital copy yet somehow it's boosting and playing without a disk. 

Has anyone else experienced this anyone know what's going on?

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1

Thats pretty strange, i have no idea and can only suggest ideas

..with how games are these days, discs arent even a requirement anymore, hypothetically that is

i mean, take the newest call of poopy mw2 physical release, it requires you to download the entire game after inserting the disc, making the disc a pointless novelty

and with game installs being so massive these days, i wouldnt be surprised if it just rips the entire discs information and stores it to your hard drive directly during the install process

back on track to the game in discussion

maybe the VR update had something to cause this, idk or maybe my above point is valid

you can always message the devs on social media and hope to get a pre-recorded automated response that doesnt explain anything

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Ok so I strictly only have a physical copy of resident evil village it's always asked me for the disk to play it but afew minutes ago I accidentally clicked the tile for it (completely expecting it to like always say I need the disk and can just go back to the playstation homescreen) but it opens the game it let me continue from my last save it lets me play the game but I checked there's no disk in the console it's in the game box and even checked I don't have any shap or firm if a digital copy yet somehow it's boosting and playing without a disk. 

Has anyone else experienced this anyone know what's going on?

Do you also own digital version of Village? The new firmware eliminate the need of the disc if you own both versions of the game.