Beware playing crossplay online. Hackers can autopop harvest trophies

SnowxSakura

Just want to give a heads up to anyone that decides to play this. With crossplay enabled, you can run into pc players that are using infinite ammo, and max harvest cheats that affect the entire lobby. It will instantly give you 500,000 harvest, and if you don't have the 3 harvest trophies yet, it will autopop all 3 of these trophies

Reaped What You Sow
Collect 10,000 Harvest

Plowing Through
Collect 100,000 Harvest

Bountiful
Collect 500,000 Harvest

Fortunately I had already gotten these trophies by myself before running into them

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

That is crazy.

How would you even try to go about avoiding this? I know PS5 games can't be flagged presently -- but is there any immediate indication that you're in a hacked lobby?

You can turn off crossplay in the menus. If your glove shows maxed yellow meter, that means you have the max 500k harvest. It'll also show you have 500k in the Home menu of the game, where it shows your stats. As for the infinite ammo, if you have an ammo counter on your gun, your ammo will never go down to zero

11 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Would love to see how the “switch off your console and delete profile before hacked trophies sync” solution would apply here 

Once the PS4 firmware got released that generally instantly synced trophies, that wasn't really suggested except for PS3 games. Although, we know for sure the PS5 generally doesn't instantly sync trophies, so it might actually be a good solution again.

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Although, we know for sure the PS5 generally doesn't instantly sync trophies, so it might actually be a good solution again.

I’ve had my PS5 since launch and my trophies have always synched instantly once I’m connected online. Same as PS4… is non synching a common phenomenon on PS5?

Just now, MonaSaxPayne said:

I’ve had my PS5 since launch and my trophies have always synched instantly once I’m connected online. Same as PS4… is non synching a common phenomenon on PS5?

Yes, check out the hidden trophies thread for the dozens and dozens of posts with people who don't have the same experience you're blessed with.