Arcade stick recommendation

RawrItsAndrew

Hi all looking to buy an arcade stick for this SFV and MvC3 mainly 

Any recommendations? 

I'm looking at the following I have a hori turbo controller which I like 

And this is for both ps3 and PS4 

https://www.gamesmen.com.au/cont-ps4-fight-stick-mini-black-hori?gclid=CjwKCAjwq-WgBhBMEiwAzKSH6Io608pxP1uS4dkrdcwMt7c9_AGyV8olXuW5HpAi2lnomxURxKkVqxoC5X8QAvD_BwE

The best recommendation is to not buy a stick. Get a hitbox instead. 

https://www.amazon.com/Victrix-FS-12-Arcade-Fight-PlayStation-5/dp/B0B3VP2M12

This is the most premium one you can get. 

I ordered myself this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004929271928.html and currently awaiting delivery. (You can have it customised with your own art and change color of buttons for free, just contact the seller.) They do get more expensive if you need PS5 games support. For PS4 it's 60$ cheaper, PC even less. 

47 minutes ago, RawrItsAndrew said:

I have this thing for 5 years and it's really uncomfortable to use without a table of some kind. But it works for PS5. I looked up a lot of reviews of it recently and most people recomend to get a Qanba Drone instead in a similar price point.

https://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Drone-PlayStation-4/dp/B01I0GEDEY/

Edited by Akrioz

I've done all the trials for every iteration of SF4 as well as MVC3. I've done them from ps3, ps4 and the Vita. I did all the UMVC3 trials on the Vita itself, not a PSTV with a controller. I've used a ps3 and ps4 pad as well as a fight stick. I probably won't be the only person who will say this, but a fight stick doesn't make anything easier other than comfort on your hands. Even the leverless controller, aka Hitbox-style, will eventually make your hands ache if you're on it long enough. 

Muscle memory is the only thing that will get you through the trials/long sessions. The controller someone uses is personal for them. What feels right for one person won't feel right for another.

42 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I've done all the trials for every iteration of SF4 as well as MVC3. I've done them from ps3, ps4 and the Vita. I did all the UMVC3 trials on the Vita itself, not a PSTV with a controller. I've used a ps3 and ps4 pad as well as a fight stick. I probably won't be the only person who will say this, but a fight stick doesn't make anything easier other than comfort on your hands. Even the leverless controller, aka Hitbox-style, will eventually make your hands ache if you're on it long enough. 

Muscle memory is the only thing that will get you through the trials/long sessions. The controller someone uses is personal for them. What feels right for one person won't feel right for another.

yeah is just training, i play several time at fighting game like street fighter IV ( maybe more 1000 hours ) on multiplayer, on the begining the trial is impossible for me, now i can complete all in 10 hours less

2 hours ago, RawrItsAndrew said:

Any recommendations? 

If you want to take HORI, never take "mini" sticks - they are horrible.

Pay attention to the manufacturer of the buttons and stick - best ones are Sanwa and Seimitsu. HORI Real Arcade Pro are considered really good, you can never be wrong if you buy them.

Bad thing with hitbox is that you can use them only for fightings, I often play scroll-shooters or other arcade beat'em'up with my Hori arcade stick and that way they are played way better than with gamepad.