Multiple Devices not supported anymore?

Good Day,

Did they change how many Devices using the same PSNProfiles Account can be simultaneously logged in? Somehow I can only be logged in to one Device. All other Devices will be forced to log out. This was different in the past, as I could use my PSNProfiles Account simultaneously on my PC, Laptop and Smartphone.
Is this expected Behaviour?

21 minutes ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

Good Day,

Did they change how many Devices using the same PSNProfiles Account can be simultaneously logged in? Somehow I can only be logged in to one Device. All other Devices will be forced to log out. This was different in the past, as I could use my PSNProfiles Account simultaneously on my PC, Laptop and Smartphone.

I'm using the site on my phone and my computer at the same time right now. 

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I'm using the site on my phone and my computer at the same time right now. 

He mentioned 3 devices and your using 2 (at least what you’ve described) wonder if there is a limit on active log in on different devices ?

5 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

He mentioned 3 devices and your using 2 (at least what you’ve described) wonder if there is a limit on active log in on different devices 1f914.png

OP also mentioned this:

Somehow I can only be logged in to one Device. All other Devices will be forced to log out.

Which is what I was responding to.

It would help if people posted their experience staying logged in on more than one device so we could troubleshoot whether the problem is limited to people's possible browser settings or if a lot of people are affected.

For completeness, and to respond to the claim I didn't duplicate the problem as described, I have no logged in simultaneously on a PC, a laptop, and a smartphone. Same result. I'm able to stay logged in on all three at the same time.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

Good Day,

Ah sorry , I read this and thought there was a variable on the amount of devices you could use to log into.

@I00_Brave_Wolves you didn’t delete cookies or cache on any of the devices at any point (in case this has had a knock on effect)?

Edited by amurnin100

I'm using Chrome on my Windows PC and I occasionally delete the Cache like maybe 2 times a Month. The same goes for my Laptop. On my Smartphone it´s more regular. Everything is up to Date with Software. 

Deleting the Cache is a Thing that never got me in Trouble before.
So I´m baffled why this Error occurs.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

I'm using Chrome on my Windows PC and I occasionally delete the Cache like maybe 2 times a Month. The same goes for my Laptop. On my Smartphone it´s more regular. Everything is up to Date with Software. 

Deleting the Cache is a Thing that never got me in Trouble before.
So I´m baffled why this Error occurs.

Are you accidentally browsing in Private/Incognito mode, so there's no way to save login information, making it look like the site is logging you out, but it's your browser(s)?

7 minutes ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

Never really liked or used Private Mode, because I want to keep my Browser History. As YouTube Watch History would get reset all the Time. 

Well there is no site-side code limiting people to be logged in on a limited number of devices at the same time, so it's something with your devices.

There are new Results I want to share with you. I've somehow managed to be permanently logged in with two Devices. Everything works as intended and PSNProfiles keeps my Account as logged in. The Thing is, just after adding the third Device the log in Bug as I call it, will log out one of my previous logged in Devices. So that only two Devices at the same Time will be logged in. So there seems to be an actual limit in Devices which are two.

The Cache was emptied on all Browsers and PSNProfiles was the only open Website. Every Time I'll add a third Device the Problem occurs again and again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

So there seems to be an actual limit in Devices which are two.

Why aren’t my and other people’s third, and sometimes fourth devices logged out for the rest of us. 

Now I’m logged in on 5 devices at the same time. It’s not a site restriction. 

Make that six now. Two iPhones, an iPad, a pc, a laptop, and a Mac. 

32 minutes ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

There are new Results I want to share with you. I've somehow managed to be permanently logged in with two Devices. Everything works as intended and PSNProfiles keeps my Account as logged in. The Thing is, just after adding the third Device the log in Bug as I call it, will log out one of my previous logged in Devices. So that only two Devices at the same Time will be logged in. So there seems to be an actual limit in Devices which are two.

The Cache was emptied on all Browsers and PSNProfiles was the only open Website. Every Time I'll add a third Device the Problem occurs again and again.

I just went through and logged out on everything, dumped the cache, and logged back in. My iPad, iPhone, laptop and two instances of my desktop (MacOS and Windows 10 dual boot) are all logged in and staying that way just fine. If it matters, it’s Chrome on the iPad (under one Google account), Chrome on the iPhone and MacOS side of my desktop (under a different Google account), and Edge on Windows 10 Desktop and laptop. So it’s five devices/environments across three “master” accounts with no issues.

Don’t know what’s causing the problem on your end, but it certainly doesn’t seem to be a bug or limit on the site’s software.

Edited by Ashande

36 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Why aren’t my and other people’s third, and sometimes fourth devices logged out for the rest of us. 

Now I’m logged in on 5 devices at the same time. It’s not a site restriction. 

Make that six now. Two iPhones, an iPad, a pc, a laptop, and a Mac. 

Go on, try a 7th … live a little ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

If I knew that, it would be kind of a Jackpot to me. In this current state it's annoying. I don't know what else I should do.

What browsers are you using on your devices and are they set up to share data? Can you try say Firefox on the PC and different browsers elsewhere?

10 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I have the same issue, but I use PSNP almost exclusively on mobile so it's never bothered me much. If I log in on my pc, the next time I am on my phone I have to manually log in again. Not a huge deal but it absolutely is a thing that happens with this site.

What browsers are you using on your mobile and PC? I have a feeling there’s a common thread and this can probably be narrowed down to some kind of browser setting. 

If it helps, I thought I had this issue on one of my devices, whilst it worked on at least 3 other devices and browser profiles I had. It turned out I had Chrome configured to delete cookies on exit on the misbehaving one. Changing that option fixed it for me.