R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 released digitally for PS5 and PS4. Trophy support?

jblanch3

I'm on a bit of a Ridge Racer kick at the moment and dropped down the Wikipedia rabbit hole.  While looking up R4, I'd found out it was released for PS5 and PS4.  I didn't read any mention of trophy support.  Would anyone be able to find out if it does have trophies? 

8 minutes ago, jblanch3 said:

I'm on a bit of a Ridge Racer kick at the moment and dropped down the Wikipedia rabbit hole.  While looking up R4, I'd found out it was released for PS5 and PS4.  I didn't read any mention of trophy support.  Would anyone be able to find out if it does have trophies? 

Looks like it's on PS Plus, but doesn't have trophies.

Yeah, I'm on the PS Plus Essential subscription.  I'm tempted to upgrade, but as of now, haven't found a compelling enough reason to do so.  If R4 had trophies, I think that probably would have been the clincher.  Oh well, I'll just keep playing it on my Vita as I had been. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 3:01 PM, RSmark84 said:

If you're playing it on the vita, it's a free upgrade on the ps4/5.

If you buy any classic ps1 game prior to the new plus system you get that game upgraded at no cost.

Just an FYI that this is incorrect. The free upgrade only applies if the PS4/5 release is available for individual sale. If the game requires PS+ Premium to access you can not claim a copy. Which is the case with all of the Namco games so far released.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrHealthy said:

Just an FYI that this is incorrect. The free upgrade only applies if the PS4/5 release is available for individual sale. If the game requires PS+ Premium to access you can not claim a copy. Which is the case with all of the Namco games so far released.

I dont do online gaming or plus.

From my knowledge if you was to buy a ps1 game on the ps3 then you get that game free under the newer scheme. I'm surprised that you can't get the game if its only on ps+ as techinally you've bought it, sony took it off you and now they've put it back on the store but blocked you from accessing it behind a pay wall.

2 hours ago, RSmark84 said:

I dont do online gaming or plus.

From my knowledge if you was to buy a ps1 game on the ps3 then you get that game free under the newer scheme. I'm surprised that you can't get the game if its only on ps+ as techinally you've bought it, sony took it off you and now they've put it back on the store but blocked you from accessing it behind a pay wall.

I think that there's some confusion here..

If a game was given on PS+ on PS3 ages ago, you also get it for free if it's added to this program AND if on PS4/PS5 it has a price tag (meaning available to purchase on PS4/PS5). That was at least the case of 2 Resident Evil games for me, since I never bought them, but got them from PS+ long long ago..

There are games that don't have a price tag on PS4/PS5, said games are only available to those with the PS+ Premium subscription, and can't be purchased outside of it. This is the kind of thing where all Bandai Namco games fall in so far. According to what @MrHealthy says, even if you bought those games before on PS3, they will not be available for you on PS4/PS5, since you can't actually "purchase" them with money. I think that I only own Tekken 1 that was a bonus of TTT2, so I can't double check on this, but it makes sense, since otherwise, this would be a work-around to purchase as standalone something that Bandai or Sony clearly doesn't want us to actually own outside PS+ Premium..