How Is This Even Playable?

crashban96

Not trying to shame or be an ass, but it's a serious question. How does anyone play this on PS4? It's not even 30 fps, its like sub 20 half the time, and oh god the load times are ridiculous. I would like to hear others experience cuz I envy anyone who can tolerate the ps4 version.

Edited by crashban96
  • Like 1

I sometimes play it on PS4 when my PS5 is not available but it is just to do dailies. The amount of pop-in and lag is ridiculous, especially in Sumeru. You start any timed thing and you better to open a map and wait for 5-10 seconds for it to load up, because the clock is running but nothing even spawned yet. I don't understand why they just refuse to make graphics a bit worse so it could run better.

It's kinda bearable but I wouldn't recommend to play it on base PS4. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3.4.2023 at 2:35 PM, crashban96 said:

Not trying to shame or be an ass, but it's a serious question. How does anyone play this on PS4? It's not even 30 fps, its like sub 20 half the time, and oh god the load times are ridiculous. I would like to hear others experience cuz I envy anyone who can tolerate the ps4 version.

EU version, but I do play on a PS4, a base one at that. Not a single problem with it. But then again, I don't count counting the frames per second among my hobbies and really, 30 is fine for just about anything. I really don't get the obsession with that number. It's not like the game's becoming a slideshow on PS4. Load times are fine if a bit annoying, but I've seen way worse (Skyrim, anyone?).

• Like 2

It was pretty rough before the 1.4 or 1.5 update, basically after a native PS5 version was released, some of it's optimizations were backported to the PS4 version.

I'm playing it on a daily basis on a PS4 Pro, without an SSD though, which would significantly improve loading times and reduce lags and offer a more stable 30 FPS than without an SSD.

Even opening the map would take a couple of seconds, while since 3.6 or the current 3.7 it opens almost instantly. Teleporting takes between 3 to 12 seconds, depending on the distance, though currently teleporting from anywhere in Teyvat to the Serenitea Pot will take the most time so far, regardless how much stuff you have placed.

On 3.4.2023 at 2:35 PM, crashban96 said:

We all agree with you, the Playstation 4 version is actually unplayable. I'm glad I waited for my PS5 before starting the game. There are worlds between the two versions.

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

We all agree with you, the Playstation 4 version is actually unplayable.

Minus myself, since there might even be a difference between Base and Pro PS4, and I'm using the latter. It's very playable on that one, even if not on the same level than the PS5 version.

23 minutes ago, StarWolf3000 said:

Minus myself, since there might even be a difference between Base and Pro PS4, and I'm using the latter. It's very playable on that one, even if not on the same level than the PS5 version.

I have a PS 4 Pro and you know it too because I've posted it here many times.