This is now an Ultra Rare Platinum

Golem25

1L61e82f.png

:platinum:The Big One - Obtain every other trophy in the game.

Reminder; Ultra Rare means 5.0% or below. I will preface the thread title by saying that it's now Ultra Rare by PSNProfiles' metrics, which is mostly down to how percentages being rounded up or down as they approach the nearest hundreth of a percent.

At the moment of writing, 213,502 owners ///// 10684 Plat achievers = 'true' PSNP rarity of 5.00416858%. Give it a few more weeks and it should truly hit 5.0%.

Nonetheless, I very much doubt this will ever go back to being Very Rare, unless a handful of people were waiting for this very day to finish up the single player to pop the Plat and bring it back up to 5.01% rarity. I'm sure there are a few of them out there.

I remember when the game came to PS Plus in June 2012, although I only played it a few months later. Was quite good fun, and I really do feel bad for the dev team who had a needlessly difficult launch window due to the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. They were eventually closed down by Sony after releasing Drive Club, and Apocalypse nowadays has 10 unachievable Trophies (11 if you count the Plat) due to the servers closing back in 2018. Apocalypse wasn't particularly difficult or time-consuming, so it just goes to show what time and being added to PS Plus can do for a game's rarity. Just another relic of the bygone PS3 era.

• Like 3

I also played this because of plus and I enjoyed it a great deal. I was disappointed to find the others were already offline by the time I played it.

I think the rarity shows the power of plus has a major effect. Motorstorm RC has never been on plus (I don't think so anyway) and I found it to be much more difficult to platinum and yet both versions are more common than this. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Motorstorm RC has never been on plus (I don't think so anyway) and I found it to be much more difficult to platinum and yet both versions are more common than this. 

Motorstorm RC was also on PS Plus, that's how I knew about it and played it

It's my least favorite Motorstorm out of the 3 PS3 games, but it was still a pretty fun game.

While the destructible environments made it play more like a Split Second sequel than a Motorstorm title, the gameplay was pretty exciting and the visuals were stunning. And it all translated very well to the online portion of the game.

I really enjoyed going fot the Platinum, even the multiplayer trophies. The only nuisance were those 10% of veteran players who knew how to exploit the boost and gave no one else a chance at the podium.

I just hated the graphic novel styled story clips. Looked cheap and cheesy.

But yeah, cool to know people are still jumping from crumbling building to crumbling building and running away from twisters in this game.

? Evolution Studios

• Like 2