Designer's delight + a well trained dragon trophies

barakmh

follow the video step by step to reduce the grind for the designer's delight trophy, with this method youll be able to get about 18 chests in 15 minutes or so... i found the G world on a video from @Killarpong so credit to him for the method, i also found two more chests in the G world as you can see in the viseo, but then i found the world with the same numbered coordinates BUT with the letter X that has 11 quick chests.

and as a bonus you can find a golden dragon at the very last chest to get the "A well trained dragon" trophy without the fuss of unlocking any of the dragons. have fun and let me know if it helped

Worlds coordinates are 283-985-56 G and 283-985-56 X, the letters should go in the box beside the numbers as you can see in the video, dont forget you need to delete the previous world in order to reset it for your next visit

Plus at the end of this video you can get the location of a golden dragon for the a well trained dragon trophy without having to go through the missions to unlock a dragon

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/04/2023 at 9:05 PM, barakmh said:

follow the video step by step to reduce the grind for the designer's delight trophy, with this method youll be able to get about 18 chests in 15 minutes or so... i found the G world on a video from @Killarpong so credit to him for the method, i also found two more chests in the G world as you can see in the viseo, but then i found the world with the same numbered coordinates BUT with the letter X that has 11 quick chests.

and as a bonus you can find a golden dragon at the very last chest to get the "A well trained dragon" trophy without the fuss of unlocking any of the dragons. have fun and let me know if it helped

Worlds coordinates are 283-985-56 G and 283-985-56 X, the letters should go in the box beside the numbers as you can see in the video, dont forget you need to delete the previous world in order to reset it for your next visit

Plus at the end of this video you can get the location of a golden dragon for the a well trained dragon trophy without having to go through the missions to unlock a dragon

Tried the one for the dragon totally different world sadly 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 7:54 PM, RawrItsAndrew said:

Tried the one for the dragon totally different world sadly 

He typed the coordinates wrong, in the video you can see it's 935, not 985.  I made the same mistake at first, then noticed the error when I watched the vid.

Btw, the dragon will fly away after a few seconds, so when you get to the cloud, jump on him fast.  Also, the jetpack won't reach that high, so use an eagle like he does in the vid.  I wasn't able to damage the dragon to tame him, no matter what weapons I used (even crystal), but that's not an issue for the trophy, just ride him, spawn in a 2nd player, kill him with a fireball (or 8, in my case, lol) and the trophy should pop.

Sadly the chests aren't going to do me any good, all I ever get is weapons.  I made a large enclosure and am just waiting and watching troublemakers spawn (and grabbing pieces from the night trader each night cycle).  Insanely boring, but most of the time they have pieces.  It's very slow going, but consistent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

He typed the coordinates wrong, in the video you can see it's 935, not 985.  I made the same mistake at first, then noticed the error when I watched the vid.

Btw, the dragon will fly away after a few seconds, so when you get to the cloud, jump on him fast.  Also, the jetpack won't reach that high, so use an eagle like he does in the vid.  I wasn't able to damage the dragon to tame him, no matter what weapons I used (even crystal), but that's not an issue for the trophy, just ride him, spawn in a 2nd player, kill him with a fireball (or 8, in my case, lol) and the trophy should pop.

Sadly the chests aren't going to do me any good, all I ever get is weapons.  I made a large enclosure and am just waiting and watching troublemakers spawn (and grabbing pieces from the night trader each night cycle).  Insanely boring, but most of the time they have pieces.  It's very slow going, but consistent.

Yeah ended up gettting it found a world on xbox achievements that had 2 golds on one cloud haha

For the last bits I reccommend every time you have a night trader start a new world cuts down some time as you start each world seemingly at mid day, also run away from the ship usually the troublemakers spawn when you teleport back / travel 

3 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

Unfortunately you have to do chest runs eventually. Each design piece only appears from one of the three sources. Eventually your troublemakers and merchants will stop having pieces, and the only way to get more will be to do chest runs.

This trophy is absolutely brutal. I had all other trophies after just 15 hours, including DLC. I had over 100 design pieces still missing, so this trophy + billionaire took another 16 hours on top of that (you can wait for troublemakers and merchants while grinding billionaire to save time).

11 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Unfortunately you have to do chest runs eventually. Each design piece only appears from one of the three sources. Eventually your troublemakers and merchants will stop having pieces, and the only way to get more will be to do chest runs.

This trophy is absolutely brutal. I had all other trophies after just 15 hours, including DLC. I had over 100 design pieces still missing, so this trophy + billionaire took another 16 hours on top of that (you can wait for troublemakers and merchants while grinding billionaire to save time).

I appreciate the tips!  I've read a bit about this trophy on various sites, and it seems there's no finite set of info, but they all mention the same as you did, that chests have unique pieces that can't be acquired elsewhere.  I've obtained a few pieces from chests, but at this point I have no clue how many more I need.  I read in one spot that only the road tiles drop from chests, but I'm not sure how many that is (I only have about 10 or so, I think), or if that's even accurate.  I've already spent a lot of time farming chests, and occasionally I get a build design, but in the last 300 chests or so the only thing that's dropped were weapons and QR code fragments.  I haven't bothered getting the legendary bricks yet, I was working on everything else first, but I found a list of their coordinates so I don't think I'll need the frags, but I'm sure they'll keep spawning in chests even after I get all those bricks, lol.  I figured I'd take a break from farming chests until I exhaust the troublemaker and night trader's supply, then I'll have a better idea how many more bricks I need from chests.

I've also been farming safes for studs while waiting in my enclosure for troublemakers to spawn, so I'm sitting at about 500 mil... still only halfway.

16 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

I read in one spot that only the road tiles drop from chests, but I'm not sure how many that is (I only have about 10 or so, I think), or if that's even accurate.

Nah, that's definitely not true. I'm pretty sure that road tiles only drop from chests, but chests also drop lots of other pieces.

I left chests for last, and I'd guess that I got about 1 piece per 10 chests or so on average.

Frags do keep spawning in chests even if you've already found the legendary piece. However, that doesn't seem to affect drop rate of pieces anyway -- once you get all of the frags/mega-builds, they are just replaced with more weapon drops from chests. It's frustrating. No idea if getting the pieces from troublemakers/shop first affects the drop rate from chests, but that's what I did.

On 5/21/2023 at 5:04 PM, NathanielJohn said:

Nah, that's definitely not true. I'm pretty sure that road tiles only drop from chests, but chests also drop lots of other pieces.

I left chests for last, and I'd guess that I got about 1 piece per 10 chests or so on average.

Frags do keep spawning in chests even if you've already found the legendary piece. However, that doesn't seem to affect drop rate of pieces anyway -- once you get all of the frags/mega-builds, they are just replaced with more weapon drops from chests. It's frustrating. No idea if getting the pieces from troublemakers/shop first affects the drop rate from chests, but that's what I did.

Got the trophy yesterday!  I finished farming the troublemakers and night trader 2 days ago and had 25 bricks still missing, so I went after the legendary bricks before starting chest runs.  On the 5th to last legendary brick world (2x4 slope, x105y65z-105) I noticed a ton of chests on the minimap just northeast of the rocket.  A couple were in trees, most were underground, but there were easily 50-70 chests and it only takes about 20 mins to expose and open them all using the Flatten tool.  I got 10 bricks in this run before grabbing the legendary brick!  So after I got all the legendary bricks I went back to this world (delete, recreate) and farmed these chests again.  Got 5 more bricks the next 2 runs, then 4, then on my 3rd or so chest on my 4th run I got the last road piece I needed and the trophy.  I was worried cause the trophy took about 15 seconds to pop, but it did finally pop.  I'm so glad that one is over, it could have been so much worse.

Speaking of which, I tried spending a few hours last night farming studs for Billionaire while watching a movie, but the game crashed just before the end, so that was a waste of time.  Back down to 550 mil, lol.  I guess I'll have to farm actively, saving every 50 mil or so just to be safe.  

• 2 months later...