Smithing makes me sad

PotrikBerger

I started on the smithing yesterday....I can already see how little Enjoyment this is going to bring. I hate turning my back on plats but really not sure I’m gonna see this through. its so boring just standing in the smithing shop for hours n hours for such slow progression and it’s in such contrast to just how enjoyable the rest of the game is, which is the most disappointing thing about it. Who are these types of trophies for? Does anyone get any enjoyment out of doing these? If so, what is it? Lol, how can I learn to stick at grinding type trophies....they are always my downfall!

23 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

I started on the smithing yesterday....I can already see how little Enjoyment this is going to bring. I hate turning my back on plats but really not sure I’m gonna see this through. its so boring just standing in the smithing shop for hours n hours for such slow progression and it’s in such contrast to just how enjoyable the rest of the game is, which is the most disappointing thing about it. Who are these types of trophies for? Does anyone get any enjoyment out of doing these? If so, what is it? Lol, how can I learn to stick at grinding type trophies....they are always my downfall!

Grinding sure can put a damper on things. I don’t think any one really enjoyes it. Somethings I do is throw on a podcast, tv, music, movies, or audibles. 

• Like 1

I couldn't help noticing that this is pretty much your first mainline Yakuza (that you have put a ton of effort into)

I highly recommend you don't buy any of the other games if you're worried about platinum because erm wow, some of the games are brutal, not only in difficulty but also, about 60% of the game is usually stuff you have to do, outside of the main story ?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I couldn't help noticing that this is pretty much your first mainline Yakuza (that you have put a ton of effort into)

I highly recommend you don't buy any of the other games if you're worried about platinum because erm wow, some of the games are brutal, not only in difficulty but also, about 60% of the game is usually stuff you have to do, outside of the main story 1f605.png

Yeah, I’ve only tried one of the yakuza’s (can’t remeber which one now, but didn’t get on with it at all, felt too arcade-y for me at the time). Years later I played judgement, loved it and got the plat. Then did the same for lost judgment. Played like a dragon last year, did everything but just stopped when the only thing left to do in the game was grind that sewer dungeon over and over to increase jobs before the last tower...the grind beat me then too....it was just asking for too many trips to that sewer

...I may well persevere with this one though. I’ve got the seals done now....but just grinding for money for the rest of the smithing is so dull. Outside of this one small, yet still incredibly tedious aspect, I am loving the game as a whole

• Like 2

On 4/25/2023 at 11:57 PM, PotrikBerger said:

Yeah, I’ve only tried one of the yakuza’s (can’t remeber which one now, but didn’t get on with it at all, felt too arcade-y for me at the time). Years later I played judgement, loved it and got the plat. Then did the same for lost judgment. Played like a dragon last year, did everything but just stopped when the only thing left to do in the game was grind that sewer dungeon over and over to increase jobs before the last tower...the grind beat me then too....it was just asking for too many trips to that sewer

...I may well persevere with this one though. I’ve got the seals done now....but just grinding for money for the rest of the smithing is so dull. Outside of this one small, yet still incredibly tedious aspect, I am loving the game as a whole

I wouldnt worry too much about it. My favorite thing about the yakuza games is the story, and the harder plats like yakuza 1-4 i didnt bother getting. You dont have to do everything in the game for it to be fun and memorable. 

On 4/25/2023 at 0:03 AM, Dr__Hennessy said:

Grinding sure can put a damper on things. I don’t think any one really enjoyes it. Somethings I do is throw on a podcast, tv, music, movies, or audibles. 

Yeah, a lot of the repetitive side content in this would be unbearable without tunes. Good way for me to just turn my brain off and work thru my backlog of new music. Doesn't make it "enjoyable" per se, but definitely makes me not dread it so much. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...