How the hell are these timestamps even possible?

Alright, I'l raise my hand and say that, yes,  due to me  trying to get the platinum trophy as fast as I could, I'm partial to the whole situation, but, conversely, having done that, I can call up bullshit when I see the timestamps, I sended three  months ago notifications of cheaters  in the fastest achiever leaderboard  but nothing changed, so I suppose the staff thought I was in the wrong, that's fine, so I'd like to be schooled in how  these timestamps are even possible, who knows, I could learn something or two if I were to do this again.

As a  premise, this is the ps3 version of Kingdom Hearts 2, so you're bound to expect larger load times, and worst FPS, which will automatically bump up your time required to get the plat.

The number one fastes achiever, happens to have done this in less than 7 hours, that's almost 2/3 of the world record  set by Ninten 6 months ago, which was done on a ps4, not ps3, bear in mind, also, for someone that managed to get the 100% so fast, you'd think that in 5 years they'd get  the 100% on the ps4 version of it too, but back in 2018 it was way harder to cheat trophies on a ps4, compared to a ps3, just saying.

Let's take under consideration the fact that  the number one on the Leaderboard  went from obtaining Roxas' summer end trophies and A timeless World trophy in less than 7 fucking minutes.

Now,  even if you were crazy and level Roxas to around  level 98 in preparation for the speedrun (and i would say it will take them too many years just to do that, if the guy that did the level 100 on destiny island thing is of  any indication), you cannot  complete your first  visit to Hollow Bastion, Land of Dragons, Olympus, Beast Castle and Timeless World in such a short timespan. even if Sora is able to oneshot literally everything due to his level, you still need to run to certain places in order to progress the story, alongside the gummiship section, and here's the thing about  Kingdom Hearts 2, mobility does not come from simple level up, no matter how much you level Roxas, you cannot get  stuff like superglide, or a  powerful gummiship early on  that lets you breeze  everything in a matter of few seconds, scratch that, you still require  at  least two minutes just to reach the destination via gummiship, yet I am to believe that  the user did 5  worlds, 3 gummiship trips, and  another trip to Hollow bastion to get the obligatory Chicken Little summon in less than 7  minutes? That's not possible unless you cheated the timestamps poorly. Continuing on the list, you have stuff like defeating Sephiroth, then  proceeding on doing the entirety of the slog (time wise)  known as the World that Never Was in less than 6  minutes, and, even more damning, after completing the game (all on Critical, of course), they unlock 3 gummiship related trophies in the span of 4  seconds (so basically, the required time for the ps3 to process you unlocking multiple trophies after you've done something, here's the thing, you cannot unlock these trophies at the same time, one is for  getting a  s rank on a single mission, one is for getting a  s  rank on all routes /and there are 9 routes, how the fuck are you able to do 8 routes in 4  seconds), and another is getting a S rank  for doign the EX version of a mission on all Routes (which unlock after you complete the normal mission, so, again, not something you do in 4 seconds), finally, they unlock the trophy for all Gummiship blueprints  in 5 seconds, quite a damning blunder,  however, getting the  S Rank on all routes does not mean you unlock every single blueprints, technically, you can S Rank all Mission 2 to get almost every blueprints, but you cannot get three  models this way,  you can only get them by completing mission 1 of Assault on the Dreadnought (which is NOT obtainable if you do the EX Mission there instead of the normal one) and defeating the superboss on mission 3  of Assault on the Dreadnought, the third one is also obtainable early on on a different mission by beating another boss on mission 2, so, again, not rank related, nor EX mission related.

The way I look at  this,  and, hey, perhaps my informations are limited and I don't know some stuff that makes this possible, feel free to correct me,  it's quite a mockery that this user has the record for fastest achiever, when they couldn't even be bothered to look up how stuff is unlocked  to properly emulate it on a  cheating device.

It's not even the only case, though, here's another one, who also managed to 100% fucking Chain of Memories in just 11 hours, you know, the game where you need to do 6  playthrough and level Riku and Sora to 99:

So, this one was a little bit more, "modest" shall I say? Instead of less than 7 minutes, we got 7 minutes and 22 seconds between Roxas's trophy and a  Timeless River, again, what I said above still applies, 30 fucking seconds does not change shit, they also did the same fucking error on the gummiship section, so there you go, number 1  and number two on the leaderboard practically did the same shit, timestamps and gummiship errors, check number 3 and down from there, and you'll see more realistic timestamps.

Edit: wow, I almost forgot this one:

This one is more  shrewd, I admit, however, there are two inconsistency  in the order they got the trophies:

Specifically, they got the Professor trophy right after completing the game, that's fine and all, however, there's a problem, you also need to beat  Lingering Will in order to get  said trophy, and

if you beat Lingering Will, you'll get the trophy for it, so, why the hell do they have the liingering will trophy an entire day after getting the professor trophy? Come on man, even the trophy guide states that, pay attention.  Same stuff also for Heartless highbrow, you need to get all  mushrooms in order to get this trophy, and mushroom number 13° only appears after you satisfy the other 12, meaning, you need to get  Mushroom master before Heartless Highbrow, but the mushroom trophy was obtained a day after the heartless highbrow one, funny thing is:

They got the ps4 plat before the ps3 plat, and the trophies I mentioned are in order,  so they were supposed to know that already, and yet failed with such a blunder.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Shaming
  • Like 1

I'm hesitant to say they cheated, as speedrunning has gotten kind of extreme. That said, the time stamps seem a bit ridiculous. I would assume they had to get to about level 98 as Roxas before starting, which is possible, but as far as I'm aware just one person has done this and it took like 480 hours of grinding to achieve. 

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm hesitant to say they cheated, as speedrunning has gotten kind of extreme. That said, the time stamps seem a bit ridiculous. I would assume they had to get to about level 98 as Roxas before starting, which is possible, but as far as I'm aware just one person has done this and it took like 480 hours of grinding to achieve. 

Yeah, frankly, it's crazy, and no way I'm replicating that, but even if Roxas truly was at level 98, it doesn't make walking, nor the gummiship sections any faster, 7 minutes is impossible even if we take that into consideration.

I'm pretty sure that the the player who got the fastest time in Kindom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage is also a cheater. For example they somehow completed the game without getting any of the unmissable story trophies.

• Like 2

Report them and be done with it. There's a place to explain it.

If you don't see the option, they're already reported.  If you want someone to look at it quicker, message them.

Don't create threads to speculate the cheating and naming and shaming. 

There's a reason why we report stuff like this anonymously. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2