Platinum in 1 playthrough?

I was looking at old games that I bought, and this one popped out, so why not give it a try, I thought.

Only, I’m finding some conflicting  informations regarding the Crushing mode trophy,  with the guides saying that I need to first beat the game on hard in order to unlock crushing, yet I’m finding people on the Leaderboard able to get all difficulty trophies in one Playthrough, crushing included as if they were playing the ps4 version, so, am I just looking at cheaters, and I’ll have to do two playthroughs, or is there some kind of konami code there, that allows me to bypass everything? Don’t mind the difficulty, just trying to  maximise my limited time as of now.

This game was released before trophies existed. If you had Crushing difficulty unlocked before the game got a trophy list then you could start on Crushing difficulty once it had trophies meaning a one playthrough plat. No doubt there will be people who say that’s not possible for various but I can assure you it is as that’s how I got the plat in one playthrough. For anyone starting the game since it got trophies, they will need 2 playthroughs.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

This game was released before trophies existed. If you had Crushing difficulty unlocked before the game got a trophy list then you could start on Crushing difficulty once it had trophies meaning a one playthrough plat. No doubt there will be people who say that’s not possible for various but I can assure you it is as that’s how I got the plat in one playthrough. For anyone starting the game since it got trophies, they will need 2 playthroughs.

This^

Anyone starting from scratch since 2009, will need 2 Playthroughs for the Plat.

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

Glad I ran into this.  Would have crushed my motivation to play if I was expecting to get it done in a single run.  Was hoping for a short 10-15hour plat between other games.  Guess this will get bumped down the priority list for now.  I kind of like adding the PS3 stacks for games I enjoyed.  

Even if there was the option, I would still recommend doing it in 2 as trying to do Crushing cold as your first playthrough would probably be a pretty miserable experience. Better to play it twice and actually enjoy your first playthrough. You can greatly shorten the time of the 2nd Crushing playthrough by using various speed running tricks to wiggle through walls and bypass large swathes of the levels.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

That’s an interesting point, out of curiosity, what you did, would it also be possible on Uncharted 2, as the profile I saw did the same there too?

1 hour ago, farradono said:

That’s an interesting point, out of curiosity, what you did, would it also be possible on Uncharted 2, as the profile I saw did the same there too?

I’m inclined to say it’s not possible as I’m pretty sure Uncharted 2 released with a trophy list already in place but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’m inclined to say it’s not possible as I’m pretty sure Uncharted 2 released with a trophy list already in place but I could be wrong.

This^

U2 was released long after trophies became mandatory so already has them hardcoded into the game from the get-go.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

U2 was released long after trophies became mandatory so already has them hardcoded into the game from the get-go.

I see, that settles it, I was  fooled into thinking it was just 1 playthrough by a cheater basically,  thank you everyone.

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2023 at 8:05 PM, damcrac5 said:

Glad I ran into this.  Would have crushed my motivation to play if I was expecting to get it done in a single run.  Was hoping for a short 10-15hour plat between other games.  Guess this will get bumped down the priority list for now.  I kind of like adding the PS3 stacks for games I enjoyed.  

You can check my logs but I got back on to clean this up off my list and I was able to do it in 11-12 hours. Just two nights. Only thing I didn’t do this time around was 20 stealth kills but I could easily just keep restarting checkpoint. If you’ve already platinumed this on ps4 you should be able to do both playthroughs in under 15 hours with a treasure guide. Maybe I’m a god gamer but I think you could do it