Advice for Final Fantasy Newcomer?

DHawk12

I have never played a FF game before but I was always interested in playing the original pixel ones. Actually I did play 13 or 14 but I wasn’t a fan.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what the best or most fun party build is? And are there any other things I should know before starting this game such as missable trophies (including FF 2-6)?

Edited by DHawk12
  • Like 1

For the first game my favorite team is

Fighter/Knight

Thief/Ninja

White Mage/White Wizard

Black Mage/Black Wizard

Though the first game it does not matter too much on the 2 main heavy hitters but you do want the mages. FF4 can be pretty brutal with certain drops that are trophy related (looking at you summons and Pink Puffs). Cannot say much about the others as I never really played 2, 3 or 5. I played through 6 once and was not a fan of if so I cannot say a whole alot there either.

Learn the basics of the jobs and status afflictions. These basic elements continue well up until XV.

Jobs:

"Black Mage makes wounds, White Mage heals them" -guy in FFXI.

Red Mage does a little of both, also enfeebling and uses swords (best Mage IMO).

Warrior is the standard heavy weapons meat-head

Monk is alternative damage dealer with less heavy armor or weapons, high HP

Thief has various roles throughout the series but is always Stealing and has good agility, often uses daggers and ranged weapons.

These are the starting classes in FFI. As the series progresses you will get many more choices, but this is where the job distinctions began. My favorite FFI party is Warrior, White Mage, Red Mage, Black Mage.

Generally speaking you should always have a White Mage in the party to revoke status afflictions (Blind, Paralysis, Poison, Silence etc) which are nasty things that can happen to party members and foes alike.

I normally play with a balanced party of Warrior, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, but sometimes I drop both mages for a Red Mage and Thief. The Warrior, Monk WM and BM run gives you a pretty balance party that can hit hard and maintain healing.

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy/Parties

Here's a guide on party options for the 1st game. You can probably ask on the other game's forums for tips there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...