Guys...One of the legendary adversaries killed me, and soon after I saved at a meditation point he died offscreen or something...What do I do?

So long story short he killed me, I respawned but found a treasure on my way back to him so I went back and saved but soon after I left the meditation point I noticed my XP had beed restored just like I had hit him or something, so I went back and...He's nowhere, literally nowhere to be found

What do I do? Fucking buggy ass game

Just wanted to ask if this was the Mire Terror legendary encounter?

If so I am in the same boat. Appears in my databank and I’ve had post kill dialogue with some NPCs but haven’t actually killed him.

as for what to do I guess we either wait for a patch or have to go through new game plus. I’m going to keep going and see if I get stuck with any trophies uncompleteable and then I’ll see if I have the desire to do new game plus or not.

8 hours ago, Holy-Promethium said:

If so I am in the same boat. Appears in my databank and I’ve had post kill dialogue with some NPCs but haven’t actually killed him.

as for what to do I guess we either wait for a patch or have to go through new game plus. I’m going to keep going and see if I get stuck with any trophies uncompleteable and then I’ll see if I have the desire to do new game plus or not.

What you describe happend to me also, same enemy. Only difference: I did not die, but retreated from the battle. Then I rode the lift near the enemies location upward and when I arrived at the top, I got the "Enemy defeated" information. 

Checked the Tactical Guide, noticed the enemy was registered in it.

Time will tell, if this will create any issues with the trophies.

Edited by Geridian
Text

10 hours ago, Geridian said:

What you describe happend to me also, same enemy. Only difference: I did not die, but retreated from the battle. Then I rode the lift near the enemies location upward and when I arrived at the top, I got the "Enemy defeated" information. 

Checked the Tactical Guide, noticed the enemy was registered in it.

Time will tell, if this will create any issues with the trophies.

Thankfully it popped for me today even with this bug, hopefully you get the trophy too!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 2:43 PM, diogoarez said:

Thankfully it popped for me today even with this bug, hopefully you get the trophy too!

On 5/3/2023 at 8:27 PM, Holy-Promethium said:

This just happened to me with the Mire Terror legendary. I died to him, went back and it disappeared. The "Player Death" icon shows on the mini map but I can't retrieve the xp.

He appears in my databank, but I never really got the "Legendary Creature Defeated" pop up. I see you got the platinum, so I assume everything went fine ?  Do you remember which NPCs have that post kill dialogue ?

• 2 weeks later...

I had something similar happen with the Gorocco Matriarch.  I fought it, died with it being very close to death, and respawned.  Went back and it was gone.  No message it was defeated or anything.  I was able to grab my xp and also the stim upgrade that it guards too.  But it was bugging me so much I kept reloading my last save to see if it would be there.  It wasn't.  I rebooted the game and went back still wasn't there.

Convinced I just got bugged out of the trophy I ran around nearby areas for a bit, then went to the area it was in and it was just sitting there.  Was able to kill it then.  I noticed later that this seems to be an issue with some of the Gorocco's.  One of the ones somewhat close to the saloon randomly would dissapear mid charge at me every once in a while. 

I wonder if this is something that could be affecting other enemies and the game treats it different depending on the enemy.

I know I’m late to the party, but I wanted to confirm that I too had this happen. I noped out because I wanted to come back later more powerful and the adversary despawned and was gone for good. I received the necessary information and later the trophy so don’t panic. 

Edited by Amphiprion11513

• 2 weeks later...