Question for the people who have both the PS4 and PS5 version that had the PS5 season pass

My question is for those that already had the PS5 version and the season pass and bought the PS4 version today does your season pass work on the PS4 version? I have the PS5 version and the season pass but the PS4 version stuff all has a separate price tag and doesn't say purchased 

I don't think I've ever run across a season pass that didn't cover both consoles versions so I don't know if that's the case hear or not

• Like 1

Well, the PS5 version is the "enhanced" version and PS4 is "regular", so I have a feeling these scummy fucks are going to make you pay twice for an inferior product.

Looks like the base game and legendary editions (includes Season Pass and worthless costumes) are half off right now though.

8 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Yeah, add it to the long list of "things that are disappointing about Midnight Suns." Love the game itself, but the devs did not do themselves any favors here at all.

Yeah I emailed the developers got someone named ming ming telling me all games with season passes are gen locked so ofcourse id have to buy the season pass for each console. Not sure if they are just a grunt and doesn't know so just saying that or they genuinely don't know how season passes have always worked lol but I guess this is the first game with a gen locked season pass

Edit: it appears this may be a weird error because even the people who bought the legendary version or just the new season pass still don't actually have the new pass or dlc it's still wanting a purchase 

Edited by Taliesin_2943

11 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Yeah, add it to the long list of "things that are disappointing about Midnight Suns." Love the game itself, but the devs did not do themselves any favors here at all.

Sad thing is, the game itself is goated. For me, it's an improvement on the already great X-Com gameplay. And the hub elements that at first feel like an odd clash, end up working really well, combining for a fantastic experience.

But all these issues/glitches/etc really are unfortunate. I doubt we'll see any follow-up to this game due to poor sales.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

2 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Sad thing is, the game itself is goated. For me, it's an improvement on the already great X-Com gameplay. And the hub elements that at first feel like an odd clash, end up working really well, combining for a fantastic experience.

But all these issues/glitches/etc really are unfortunate. I doubt we'll see any follow-up to this game due to poor sales.

It doesn't exactly help their sales to put the season pass with pretty short content at 50 dollars then later release the PS4 at basically full price and currently (not sure if glitch or mistake or intentional) force another purchase of the season pass at 50 dollars. Then there's the question of logic the base game costs 60 it's a fairly indepth longish game and somehow the season pass with 4 characters and 3 short missions apiece is only 10 dollars less than the whole game. 

Honestly if they had released the base game at 60 and the pass at 20-30 even that would have been much easier on everyone and possibly had far better sales but they are shooting themselves in the foot at every turn when it comes to sales and advertising and social media they don't even interact with the players like other companies they just throw out random stuff and ignore everyone