Blue magic.

Blackmist_FFXI

Just wondering.

I'm down to 19/20 blue magic learned.

And I'm having hell of a time trying to find locations to get the last 1 I need - guides that don't reference later versions then what the remaster is. (Like the 2014 port )

I believe I need

Doom (necromancer didn't seem to want to use it in Phoenix Cave, did spam death.

Mighty gaurd: the land rays die before I can target them for "sketch", an already killed dark force,  read the "movers" in Kefka tower can use it. But unsure.

Quazor: -- unsure where to try to attempt. 

Reflect ???: unsure.

Granted I only need 1 more for trophy.

What would be recommended. 

FYI There are more than 20 Blue Magic, but you just need 20 for the trophy (I got 21 and stopped looking for them, didn't get Qazar and few others from Kefka Tower)

Get Mighty Guard from Land Ray: Put Rem in party, give her a Hermes Sandals, put Gale Ring and Alarm on someone else (prevent back attacks and increase pre-emptive strikes). Put Rem in the first formation slot. Now keep getting into fights with Land Ray and try to be as quick as possible to use sketch on land ray.

Rem might sktech the wrong skill, I am not sure how many she can use but it shouldn't take long to get Mighty Guard. (Once I used the proper setup if took me less than 10 fights)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Mighty gaurd: the land rays die before I can target them for "sketch", an already killed dark force

Dark Force is not a one-off fight: you can fight as many as you like. It's just a regular random encounter in that part of Kefka's tower.

Alternatively, to get it from Land Rays you can equip a Gale Hairpin as a relic on any character (to raise chances of getting a pre-empting attack) and level grind with Relm having any Speed+ Esper equipped, so that she gets to act before the Land Ray.

Yeah they have 1 hp, as long as you get premptive strike with Gale Ring equipped it doesn't matter how much speed Rem has. That's also why it's important to put her in first position so you can select Sketch quickly (you can also use gogo if you like and put 3 sketches).

Edited by oYazmat

11 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Yeah they have 1 hp, as long as you get premptive strike with Gale Ring equipped it doesn't matter how much speed Rem has. That's also why it's important to put her in first position so you can select Sketch quickly (you can also use gogo if you like and put 3 sketches).

I managed to get rem 10 levels for +20 speed, threw on aforementioned accessories and got it in 3 battles :)

Having alert earing helped I think.

Now, just down to getting jokers death, oh Boi 

1 hour ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I managed to get rem 10 levels for +20 speed, threw on aforementioned accessories and got it in 3 battles :)

Having alert earing helped I think.

Now, just down to getting jokers death, oh Boi 

Yes like I said in my first reply both rings help, I didn't even need to raise her speed since wilth preemptive strikes speed doesn't matter. Well glad you got it!

I hope Jocker is not your last trophy or it will be an awful grind... put both Setzel and Gogo in your party all time and just auto all battles until you get it (hopefully like me before you reach the end boss, I got it during the start of the last dungeon)

17 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Yes like I said in my first reply both rings help, I didn't even need to raise her speed since wilth preemptive strikes speed doesn't matter. Well glad you got it!

I hope Jocker is not your last trophy or it will be an awful grind... put both Setzel and Gogo in your party all time and just auto all battles until you get it (hopefully like me before you reach the end boss, I got it during the start of the last dungeon)

Unfortunately it is my last.

I've gotten close with manual reels, but that last 7, even with trying to pause buffer. Feels impossible.

Tho I think I've got the timing for the 1st 7 spot on.

Almost manages to have a character mid jump for auto battle jokers death w/ auto battle. But he landed as it went off. Darn. Lol.

Hopefully it doesn't become too mind numbing.

• 10 months later...

I don't know if it's been patched or if it was just a glitch but :silver: Master Blue Mage didn't pop for me when I got the 20th Blue spell. Actually after farming Dark Force, I got 23/24 BS but no trophy. It's only after getting Gravity Field from the next boss (before the Gods and Kefka) that the trophy popped .... So was it a glitch or do we need 24/24 BS now ? idk