Have all trinkets but can't afford last cosmetic box, platinum currently unobtainable - UPDATE: FIXED

Veritas7Ax

I guess a recent patch messed something up with the collectibles/cosmetic boxes. Because I have all 180 trinkets and all 80 pearls, currently holding onto 16 and 11 of each respectively. I have one final cosmetic box to obtain, but it costs 20 trinkets and 4 pearls. How am I short if I collected everything? Again, I guess the recent patch messed something up (devs posted about it on twitter).

https://twitter.com/awaceb/status/1659229749078634496?s=20

It seems a few others are having this issue as well. Stinks. The platinum is currently unobtainable because of this, but not sure if it's affecting everyone who is currently playing. Either way, have to wait for a fix for this. Devs said in the next few days.

Update: There was a new patch released on May 19th to address the issue. People who had disappearing cosmetic boxes reported it is fixed now. At least two people including myself who had insufficient trinkets for their last box, still cannot afford it. So it is unclear what was fixed with that specifically, as we still don't have the ability to claim the last box.

Update 2: Thanks to @JimfiniteDeath we know that the May 19th fix has made it so that it should work on a fresh save, and you can skip through most/all of the story content to just get to the endgame and start collecting again. There's no evidence of a retroactive fix yet for those who just need to buy that one last cosmetic box.

Update 3: The May 25th patch has seemingly once and for all, fixed the problem. Players who had mismatched trinket numbers to their final cosmetic box are apparently given the box automatically when booting the game, which will auto-unlock the trophies if all other conditions are met.

Edited by Veritas7Ax
  • Like 1

Issues with the missing cosmetic and Audiophile trophy have been fixed, but issue with the cost in relation to collected trinkets still persisting. I need 7 more trinkets for the last box, but have collected 180/180. Have reported to devs on Twitter, but still unobtainable for me on my otherwise completed save file.

3 minutes ago, JimfiniteDeath said:

Issues with the missing cosmetic and Audiophile trophy have been fixed, but issue with the cost in relation to collected trinkets still persisting. I need 7 more trinkets for the last box, but have collected 180/180. Have reported to devs on Twitter, but still unobtainable for me on my otherwise completed save file.

Which trophies are still unobtainable?

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

For me it's Ça de Wizz! for getting 100%, as I can't afford the final cosmetic box despite having collected all the trinkets. Others seem to have the same issue with having collected all the trinkets, but the number of remaining trinkets they need or that appear to be missing from their wallet seems to vary. Not sure what the cause is but going to try and do a quick 100% sweep from chapter select to see if it's possible to get the 100% that way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

So I didn’t realize another new one had come out when I posted this. That said, based on the timing, it was most likely installed already and I didn’t know it.

So just to be 100% sure, I booted the game up again just now. I checked on my ps5 for updates, it said the most recent one was installed. I went to the cosmetic box I need, and I still have the same problem. 4 trinkets short of affording it, but I have 180/180.

So I don’t know exactly what the devs did to “fix” this but it did not work, or maybe not for everyone.

21 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

So I didn’t realize another new one had come out when I posted this. That said, based on the timing, it was most likely installed already and I didn’t know it.

So just to be 100% sure, I booted the game up again just now. I checked on my ps5 for updates, it said the most recent one was installed. I went to the cosmetic box I need, and I still have the same problem. 4 trinkets short of affording it, but I have 180/180.

So I don’t know exactly what the devs did to “fix” this but it did not work, or maybe not for everyone.

It might not be a retroactive fix, which would mean having to start over on a new save :(.

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It might not be a retroactive fix, which would mean having to start over on a new save :(.

That's what I'm worried about. I will quite reluctantly do another playthrough if I really have to, but I'd want to be 100% sure this won't happen again. And right now, there's no way of knowing that without knowing what kind of fix they tried. I wish they went into further detail about it, whether the fix was supposed to re-adjust people's collectibles to match what they should have/need, or if it's like you said, fixed but needs a fresh playthrough.

And to show I'm not going crazy:

https://i.imgur.com/EyHpUDR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7N9Uz8b.jpg

Edited by Veritas7Ax

I'm just doing a second playthrough now post-patch to see if it's fixed or not. Will let you guys know in a couple of hours if it's working from chapter select/new game or if I've just wasted 10 hours cannonballing myself around New Caldonia as a selection of inanimate objects.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JimfiniteDeath said:

I'm just doing a second playthrough now post-patch to see if it's fixed or not. Will let you guys know in a couple of hours if it's working from chapter select/new game or if I've just wasted 10 hours cannonballing myself around New Caldonia as a selection of inanimate objects.

Appreciate your effort in doing the "field research" so to speak. Let us know. I'm curious exactly how long it will take, because it seems like the game has an option to skip the story sequences?? Idk, I never used it. That would surely cut down a little time, even though we all know 90% of the time investment in this game is spent on finding the collectibles.

• Like 1

Just finished and Fashion Victim and 100% trophies both appear to be working now. I ended up with a surplus of both pearls and trinkets after purchasing all the cosmetics, which is weird because they haven't added any extra and prices for the cosmetics appear to be the same. A guy I've been speaking to on the Trophies sub-Reddit has managed to get it post-patch as well. Bad news is, can't figure out a way to get it done on existing save files, so doesn't look like the patch is retroactive, specifically for those having issues with not enough currency to purchase cosmetics.

I took a few breaks and did it over 2 days, but took me around 13 hours. Going in to the endgame via chapter select did save a bit of time, as didn't skip any cutscenes during my first playthrough, but majority of the game is just doing collectibles. Really isn't a lot of time-consuming story content, but does cut down on it a bit. Might be able to do it quicker though, as wasn't feeling all that motivated second time round. It's just a pain as you need to get absolutely everything again for the 100%

I've let the devs know on Twitter, so hopefully it gets retroactively patched, but it is obtainable again through chapter select.

Just some PSA, but your collectible counter first appears a little off if you load into the endgame via chapter select. Will already have marked several trinkets as collected, but this is just because you're required to collect some to progress the story, so it just relates to those essential quest items.

Good luck, everyone! Hope you all get it sorted soon.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by JimfiniteDeath
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, JimfiniteDeath said:

Just finished and Fashion Victim and 100% trophies both appear to be working now. I ended up with a surplus of both pearls and trinkets after purchasing all the cosmetics, which is weird because they haven't added any extra and prices for the cosmetics appear to be the same. A guy I've been speaking to on the Trophies sub-Reddit has managed to get it post-patch as well. Bad news is, can't figure out a way to get it done one existing save files, so doesn't look like the patch is retroactive, specifically for those having issues with not enough currency to purchase cosmetics.

I took a few breaks and did it over 2 days, but took me around 13 hours. Going in to the endgame via chapter select did save a bit of time, as didn't skip any cutscenes during my first playthrough, but majority of the game is just doing collectibles. Really isn't a lot of time-consuming story content, but does cut down on it a bit. Might be able to do it quicker though, as wasn't feeling all that motivated second time round. It's just a pain as you need to get absolutely everything again for the 100%

I've let the devs know on Twitter, so hopefully it gets retroactively patched, but it is obtainable again through chapter select.

Just some PSA, but your collectible counter first appears a little off if you load into the endgame via chapter select. Will already have marked several trinkets as collected, but this is just because you're required to collect some to progress the story, so it just relates to those essential quest items.

Good luck, everyone! Hope you all get it sorted soon.

Once again, thanks a lot for doing some testing. At least we know now it can work on a fresh save. And congrats of course. For me, I might wait a couple days, see if the devs do anything to make it retroactive. But if nothing happens by then, I'll just start over. Good to know it's not too bad, just will probably feel like a chore like you said.

• Like 1

Just an update, but devs got back to me to say they're aware of the issue with collectibles not tracking and players not having enough to purchase the last cosmetic, despite having 100% of trinkets. They didn't give me a timescale, but said they are working on a patch, so may be worth hanging fire if you're not in a rush. Hopefully is retroactive for those affected.

Edited by JimfiniteDeath
Grammar.
  • Like 4

Yes, I can also confirm it is fixed. I was 4 trinkets shy of my last box and when I booted the game, it auto-unlocked Fashion Victim, Ca de Wizz and the Platinum. I don't quite get what they did but it seems to automatically give you the final box because I didn't have to actually buy it and I still had the same number of trinkets.

So happy it's fixed. Will update the original post. Just curious how they did it and if it just automatically gives you the final box or if it's more complicated than that.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...