All upgrades and equipment lost

I've beaten the game twice - once on hard, and once on very hard. I also got 1st place on all base game VR missions. I got all of the collectables in the game (left arms, data storage, etc.).

I did an easy mode playthrough of Blade Wolf's story last night before going to bed. This morning, I tried to start a new game (base game) on revengeance mode and wasn't given the option (nor was I given the very hard option). Wasn't given those options via chapter select either. So, I did the cheat code at the start screen to unlock revengance difficulty. I cleared R-00 with an S rank, and unlocked a handful of weapons that I should have already had. I'm 100% sure that I'm using the same save file as my playtime is approximately 28 hours.

I started R-01 only to find out that I had no upgrades, no weapons, wigs, etc. When I look at my in-game collection, I still have left arms, data storages, etc. that I already earned.

What happened? Can I do an easy mode playthrough to unlock everything? Do I have to get all of the collectables again? Retrieving a backed-up save is not an option as I had manually overwritten it during my fight with MG Ray in R-00.

Edited by Yuber6969
More detail
  • Like 2

You having some of the collectibles, but not all of them, is very perplexing.

It's been while since I've touched the game, but do you recall selecting "New Game" instead of "Continue"? I think the latter is supposed to bring you to your save instead of wiping it, which may have been what sadly happened here. I'm certain you're always supposed to select Continue to keep all of your progress from prior playthroughs, right?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

You having some of the collectibles, but not all of them, is very perplexing.

It's been while since I've touched the game, but do you recall selecting "New Game" instead of "Continue"? I think the latter is supposed to bring you to your save instead of wiping it, which may have been what sadly happened here. I'm certain you're always supposed to select Continue to keep all of your progress from prior playthroughs, right?

I did select New Game, because selecting continue would have brought me to NG+ in Blade Wolf's story.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

...Hm. A brief search showed someone experienced the same issue as you, and it's not good news.

Sorry, man. New Game is for new saves, and chapter select is what was needed to keep your progress. I wouldn't bother trying a speed-run on easy. Seems like it won't restore anything. I'm very sorry, friend.

Damn. Thanks for looking into it for me. Pretty pissed considering it took me about 10 hours to clear VR18.

To the hidden pile MGR goes. No way in hell I'm doing all that work again lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Damn. Thanks for looking into it for me. Pretty pissed considering it took me about 10 hours to clear VR18.

Sorry to hear about your progress being wiped, if its any consolation at least the 10 hours you spent on VR18 didn't go to waste since you unlocked the Virtually Flawless trophy. In my opinion if you have that you pretty much have the platinum anyway, with the exception of a few difficult sections on Revengeance difficulty, VR18 is the real platinum blocker. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Well, before you write it off completely,  would it help to do the rest of the list that weren't impacted by this event? Such as the DLC trophies? 

That way if you do want to return to it, there is less work to be done. I understand it is very frustrating. I would be feeling the exact same way.

• Like 1

I got all of my equipment back by doing the following:

- Opened up the VR Mission menu, which unlocked several items

- Did an easy mode playthrough, which unlocked Sam's weapon (I forget the name)

- Played the final chapter on hard mode, which unlocked all of the wigs

- I did not redo R-00 on very hard mode (but I did on revengeance mode)

I went into the customization menu after replaying the final chapter on hard mode and saw that I had all of my items, despite the game not telling me this.

Out of rep points at the moment, but thanks everyone for their help and/or encouragement!

• Like 3

For the record, if you’re going for the platinum/100%, it’s advised  for you to use multiple saves (don’t even have to use a USB, game has three save files) this will help you immensely for S ranking revengeance, and to avoid these types of problems.

• Like 1