Which song/track should I try the Expert SS trophy?

PiggRoll

Hi, I was wondering if someone has tip for which track should I try to get the SS on expert?
My logic is: less blocks = less chances to do mistakes. But songs that has less blocks has a higher bpm.
So, if you got this trophy, do you remember which song did you used?

I don't remember which song since it's been so long ago, but if you can comfortably play a variety of songs on Hard, find one you enjoy a lot and start to practice it on Expert. Expert really isn't all that difficult once you get accustomed to it. Then you just need to do your best to maximize score (keeping in mind the angle of your blades, etc) so you can get SS.

Some songs that are easier for one person may be harder for others, so it falls down to finding one that suits you best. The base songs have a decent enough variety that it shouldn't be too difficult to find one doable for you. Just slap on the No Fail modifier, get accustomed to Expert, and then start playing Expert without No Fail. You'll get it sooner than later.

Years ago, when I got the platinum in the psvr1 version of Beat Saber, I used the 3rd song from the OST 2 album. I think it's named "I need you."

You should pick the song that you find easier to score +100 points on as many individual blocks as possible. And you should aim for full combo to guarantee the SS, but if you do very well it is possible to still get SS with 1 or even 2 misses. However, for someone who has never gotten the SS in expert, expect that you will need full combo or 1 miss at most. At the beginning, you will be better to score higher at songs that have many up-down and down-up slashes because the majority of the songs on easy and normal are full of those, so you have done thousands of those by now, and you will score higher on them. Most people (even people that platinumed the game) didn't take the time to learn how to slash the less common block positions in a way that results in slashes that give +110 points per block. So, the idea is to pick a song in expert that has the least number of those "difficult block positions" as possible, because you will have a harder time hitting those with +100 points than the ones you have been hitting in every song since you started the game. The "I need you song" is not easy, but it has A TON of those common up-down down-up slashes and only a few that are not like that. If you manage to score well and high on all the standard ones and not miss the more difficult ones (regardless of how you score on them, just don't miss them), it should result in SS rank, especially if it was a full combo.

Two other good tips:

1st, go to player settings and turn on the option that shows you the rank you have on the left, during the entire song.

2nd, try to get the SS rank first with the slow modifier on for that song. If you can't get SS rank at slower speed, it's unlikely that you will get it faster. Also, at slower speed you will be able to train how you are supposed to hit blocks to get +110 points on each of them. Take a look at those numbers that pop up for every block. 115 points is the max, but you need to be like a robot to hit that consistently, so if you can hit for 105 points or more with consistency, then, you have learned how to hit the blocks to make getting SS ranks much easier. The rest is getting lucky and not missing, because, even if you are hitting the blocks well, you still need less than 5 misses to get SS rank. So, my advice is to find an easier song for you (OST 2's 3rd song was the easier one for me); play it with slow modifier on and focus on 180 degrees slashes and on getting +105 points per block (except the hard ones, just try to not miss those); turn on the option in player settings that shows you the rank you have during the entire song; aim to get SS with the slow modifier on; and finally go after the standard song without slow on and aim for the same thing you did, but at a slightly faster speed. If you have difficulty hitting blocks with +105 points, even with slow modifier on, go to easy mode and start practicing there, then take it to normal, then to hard, and finally expert with that song you planned to get SS on (which should be an easier song, probably from OST 2 or OST 1).

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 2

I tried legend multiple times on dual and single saber. But could never get above 89.5

i then tried bad liar and was about to get SS until a late mistake and then found the easiest one for me. “Bones” (imagine dragons) with a 92 percent even though I missed a block.  Would highly recommend it as it’s simple and not tiring compared to others.

I've completed a number of songs on Expert with SS Rank and I generally play without modifiers. I searched my channels for keywords and many options show up:

https://www.youtube.com/@cusman/search?query=beat saber expert ss rank

The search results include some that are only Expert S Rank, but there are plenty that are Expert SS Rank, so hopefully you will spot some tracks you are already comfortable with that you can treat as viable candidates for your Flawless trophy run.

If all else fails, get Boulevard of Broken Dreams and get Flawless in that.

• 3 weeks later...

For me it was Bones by Imagine Dragons. One session of ~20 minutes and three trophies popped in one go. Flawless, Focus and Supreme.

Full session before the mastered one.

I really like the flow of this one. There are basically no rogue notes. Everything is up-down-up-down with occasional side swipes which naturally leads to the low or high ones. And there are no side changed hands during the run.

• Like 2