What online stuff is needed for platinum?

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had the game since Jan 2023 and haven’t been able to get online. Something’s up with the servers.

you don’t need to access online to get the multiplayer trophies. You can do split screen. Use remote play or a second controller and knock out all of the challenges needed (horse, combo mambo, etc.) it’s tedious, but it counts.

Start at 10:16 in this video for an example of what i mean: 

• Like 1

There are 5 multiplayer trophies.

“Match Up”

“Score Total”

“Combo Total”

“Horsin’ Around”

“Paint the Town”

You can get them all offline. You don’t need to access servers/online play, just a second controller or the remote play app on your phone.

• Like 4

That’s the only trophy keeping me from platinum. I had to take a break after getting the others. It’s really just a grind for level 100. Doing all of the “Get There” and “Hard Gap” challenges gives you 5000 XP per challenge, which definitely helps (plus you’ll get trophies for that).

Each park also has a secret score which will give you a lot of XP, too but some are pretty insane. I’m decent, but they’re somewhat out of reach for me. They're not necessary for the platinum, but it speeds up the grind. You’ll also inevitably level up while trying to achieve them.

All secret scores:

• Chopper Drop: 902,000
  • Downhill Jam: 5,486,000
  • Mall: 7,001,000
  • Bullring: 7,575,000
  • School II: 8,840,000
  • Downtown: 8,966,000
  • Roswell: 9,273,000
  • Skate Heaven: 11,334,000
  • NY City: 11,651,000
  • Venice Beach: 11,684,000
  • Marseille: 12,155,000
  • Skatestreet: 13,762,000
  • Skate Park: 15,078,000
  • School: 17,715,000
  • Streets: 17,787,000
  • Philadelphia: 19,355,000
  • The Hangar: 19,827,000
  • Warehouse: 22,052,000
  • Burnside: 22,618,000

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm about to start this game and I'd like to know if the hotspot 'trick' to use online modes still work as of now?

I read that most online trophies can be done with a second controller, which I have, but what about :bronze: Creative trophy, can it be done just by being connected to PSN but not necessarily being connected to the game servers? The trophy guide also mentions :silver: Going to the Vet requiring to be online...not sure about this one.

@Otonio_Bruno @k0edb If you're able to publish a park, unlocking "Creative", then you actually complete the online section of "Going to the Vet". 2/3 of the "Build it Up" challenges require online connection. For publishing a park and remixing a published park. The rest of the veteran challenges can be completed offline. Basically, you don't have to do deal with mobile hotspot trick for the platinum. I can confirm it still works as of today as I was able to publish another park without being signed into their servers.

Edited by SilvexSensei
  • Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 6:42 PM, SilvexSensei said:

@Otonio_Bruno @k0edb If you're able to publish a park, unlocking "Creative", then you actually complete the online section of "Going to the Vet". 2/3 of the "Build it Up" challenges require online connection. For publishing a park and remixing a published park. The rest of the veteran challenges can be completed offline. Basically, you don't have to do deal with mobile hotspot trick for the platinum. I can confirm it still works as of today as I was able to publish another park without being signed into their servers.

I was wondering, if we cannot connect to the servers we wont manage to join created rooms to boost a coulle trophies, like the ones who need to score 10m trophies right? We Will need to do it legít

On 8/27/2023 at 4:11 AM, k0edb said:

I was wondering, if we cannot connect to the servers we wont manage to join created rooms to boost a coulle trophies, like the ones who need to score 10m trophies right? We Will need to do it legít

The server is only broken for online multiplayer. I was able to get download a custom room and get the 10m trophy 3 days ago. Use a dummy account if you want to test it first.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2023 at 10:42 PM, SilvexSensei said:

So being able to upload a custom park as well as remixing another one and uploading it will complete everything needed from the online requirements for this game?

• 1 month later...

On 10/26/2023 at 6:10 PM, Martain2 said:

So being able to upload a custom park as well as remixing another one and uploading it will complete everything needed from the online requirements for this game?

I'm wondering this. I tested uploading a park and it worked right away with a cabled connection.
If remixing another park is all that is left for the online part, that'd be great news. I don't mind doing the multiplayer stuff with another controller, just the server dependent stuff.

Can anyone confirm this, please?

Edited by WerneckH

• 1 month later...

To anyone that might know.

I've recently started the game and have done the following 

1. Got the Creative trophy for uploading a created park 

2. Completed the Build It Up section in the Veteran challenges 

Do I need to do anything else in relation to the online in order to unlock the platinum or am I safe and everything else is available offline? I do have 2 controllers for the multiplayer (Graffiti, Horse, etc) challenges. 

Edited by Martain2