Platinum hasn't been obtained, how come?

Hi all, hope your all well.

It seems a trophy is stopping the platinum;

1. Full House - Hire every single unique character in the Crime Time mode.

Does anyone know if the trophy is bugged or are the requirements for unlocking characters stupidly hard? I've been giving this game a go and it feels like to unlock characters for Crime Time you need to complete Urban Legends and sometimes I have no idea why someone hasn't unlocked

It should be noted that "Classy Joint - Purchase twenty-five assets for the boss’s office." has been unlocked even though it appears as 0% obtained here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

2 hours ago, SzzMN said:

Thanks for the tag.

To answer OPs question the requirement for 20 unique characters is ridiculous and really time consuming, in order to gain just 1 character from urban legends you have to complete all missions in that story set with 3 stars without changing character or promote them twice in the story mode (it’s complete RNG who you get), then the promotion process can take 8-10 hours. I have 14/20 atm and I’m at 50 hours played or something like that for reference.

As for the 25 assets I’ve been sat at 23/25 for a little while now, one of the assets was a mansion which just completely disappeared from the buy list and the last one is a private island that costs 20 million, I have no idea how you gain 20 million in a single play through, the game is usually done by day 25 or 26 and it costs so much to sustain yourself I have no idea how to gain that much at once. I’m not sure if there’s any other cheaper assets that can be made available somehow.

Thank you both.

The explanation for both trophies is super detailed so thank you. Such a shame it feels like a lot of stuff is purposefully difficult. Ive been trying to get 3 stars on each level on urban and found it very difficult with a crew of randoms.

5 hours ago, SzzMN said:

Thanks for the tag.

To answer OPs question the requirement for 20 unique characters is ridiculous and really time consuming, in order to gain just 1 character from urban legends you have to complete all missions in that story set with 3 stars without changing character or promote them twice in the story mode (it’s complete RNG who you get), then the promotion process can take 8-10 hours. I have 14/20 atm and I’m at 50 hours played or something like that for reference.

As for the 25 assets I’ve been sat at 23/25 for a little while now, one of the assets was a mansion which just completely disappeared from the buy list and the last one is a private island that costs 20 million, I have no idea how you gain 20 million in a single play through, the game is usually done by day 25 or 26 and it costs so much to sustain yourself I have no idea how to gain that much at once. I’m not sure if there’s any other cheaper assets that can be made available somehow.

I think it should be doable if you upgrade Caseys Perk to the Max wich is a 30% discount on all assets. (Lowers Island price to around 17 million) And the perk from Gloves wich gives you a better mission payout in % idk what the max on this one is i am only on lvl 1 wich is 8%.

(The mansion should reappear when you reach that point in the campaign again like the Car)

I just ended a run where i got around 21 Million in Total so with the gloves perk maxed it will be doable but still hard.

I am also only on 5 characters left to unlock in the crime time mode , i try to focus on the asset trophy and unlock the characters i get randomly there and after that i will unlock the remaining Characters in the urban legends mode. For anyone trying this and maybe cut a bit of time if you are lucky.

Hi, I only have 3 characters left. 

Ihope to be lucky to find them in the single player campaign, to get my Platinum tonight.

About 40 hours of play. 

Isaw a total of 27 possible assets purchased. I didn't need to buy the tropical island at 20M or the penthouse at 9M.

I bought the office upgrade 2 for 1.5M. I don't know how she appeared. 

Platinum obtained at the moment, if you have a good team the 3 stars go rather quickly for the last characters.

Otherwise I completely redid the campaign 4 times to have a maximum of characters.

Good game in the spirit of PayDay. 5/10 45h personally ?

Edited by The_Hunter_Fr

On 6/22/2023 at 3:26 AM, wardragon989 said:

Thank you both.

The explanation for both trophies is super detailed so thank you. Such a shame it feels like a lot of stuff is purposefully difficult. Ive been trying to get 3 stars on each level on urban and found it very difficult with a crew of randoms.

The way I got 3 stars on Urban Legends was playing solo and putting AI teammates. I’d make them follow me and if I ever died, I would close the app quickly and that resets the day without losing progress. This method also works in the campaign. Hope this help!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/06/2023 at 4:07 PM, GIOVANNI910 said:

The way I got 3 stars on Urban Legends was playing solo and putting AI teammates. I’d make them follow me and if I ever died, I would close the app quickly and that resets the day without losing progress. This method also works in the campaign. Hope this help!

Exact! Closes the games does not reset the entire mission good games to all.

For what it's worth, I saw over 30 assets for purchase. At some point, the office upgrade 2 showed up, and once I bought that a number of other items were available. Also, at some point, you get the choice between luxuries or antiques each of these paths appears to open different sets of assets to purchase. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those struggling with having 23 or 24 assets and only having the island to purchase for 17-20m, my friend and I figured out a few things that might help.

1. There is a goal to get a piano asset which counts toward the 25, I'm not sure what procs the piano to pop up, but it shows up as a goal.

2. Office upgrade 2 that others have mentioned in this thread becomes available for purchase at level 50 (since that hadn't been said yet).

3. Penthouse purchase goal shows up after you obtain a respect level of "crime boss". I'm not sure if it's instant or if it takes a day or two. But the penthouse is half the cost of the island so it is much easier to get, (doing the wiz storyline where you leave WITHOUT the briefcase gives you the hidden vault which gives you 2-4 million and completing his quest line gives another 2-2.5 million)

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had this happen to them, when going for the 20 hires I got 5 promoted fully in solo mode, but when I went to go unlock them in crime time they were still locked for me. Which locked me out of the trophy because even if I unlocked everyone else I still need 2 more. So if anyone knows a work around I’d appreciate the help.