Pre-PS3 Platinum Games (Including Remakes/Remasters)

tsumlakers88

22 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

A few typos. Jak *and Daxter (Ratchet & Clank is the series that uses the "&")..., and Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon.

Thanks for pointing these out! I always prefer using the "&" instead of "and" so just a habit of mine there. As for Spyro 3, I guess I was thinking of "Gex: Enter the Gecko" on that one (which I will add the trilogy once the remaster/remakes from Limited Games comes out ?).

14 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

There's also the original Yakuza (2005) and Yakuza 2 (2006), which were ported to the PS3 before the remakes came out.

A few more I can remember

Red Dead Revolver

Tomb Raider: Legend (originally on PSP/PS2)

Tomb Raider: Anniversary (originally on PSP/PS2)

Tomb Raider: Underworld (This one was also on the PS2, but I think they were released at the same time)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Thanks for sending these over! I already have Yakuza Kiwami 1 & 2 remakes on here, which for the sake of this list I'm just keeping one entry per game (including originals/remakes/remasters).

As for the others, I'll add all of them except Red Dead Revolver, as it unfortunately does not have a platinum trophy for some reason. I adored the Splinter Cell trilogy back in the day (similar to the Prince of Persia trilogy), and hopefully these are all brought over to PlayStation Plus as well once the remake of the original comes out.

I also had no idea that these three Tomb Raider games were released on PS2 (with Underworld coming out a few months later into 2009)! Even though Anniversary & Underworld came out after the PS3, I have made exceptions before (ex. God of War II + Rogue Galaxy).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsumlakers88 said:

Thanks for sending these over! I already have Yakuza Kiwami 1 & 2 remakes on here, which for the sake of this list I'm just keeping one entry per game (including originals/remakes/remasters).

As for the others, I'll add all of them except Red Dead Revolver, as it unfortunately does not have a platinum trophy for some reason. I adored the Splinter Cell trilogy back in the day (similar to the Prince of Persia trilogy), and hopefully these are all brought over to PlayStation Plus as well once the remake of the original comes out.

I also had no idea that these three Tomb Raider games were released on PS2 (with Underworld coming out a few months later into 2009)! Even though Anniversary & Underworld came out after the PS3, I have made exceptions before (ex. God of War II + Rogue Galaxy).

Imo I think you should put only the trophy list as a criteria. A good few of these classic games could be left out because of the lack of a platinum.

Nice idea btw!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a series nobody mentioned: Atari Flashback Classics. There are three games on PS4 (Vol. 1-3), alongside a standalone entry for PS Vita. All four titles have Platinum trophies. Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration is already there, but it seems like that collection is completely unrelated to the Flashback titles.

Nobody's mentioned August's PSP classic releases either , so I guess I'll be the one to put 'em here, too. We got MediEvil Resurrection and Ape Escape: On the Loose, both from 2005. We also got Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice last month, from 2007. That's actually the year after the PlayStation 3 hit store shelves, but since God of War II from the same year is there, this should also be fair game.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 9:03 AM, blue_blur_98 said:

Here's a series nobody mentioned: Atari Flashback Classics. There are three games on PS4 (Vol. 1-3), alongside a standalone entry for PS Vita. All four titles have Platinum trophies. Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration is already there, but it seems like that collection is completely unrelated to the Flashback titles.

Nobody's mentioned August's PSP classic releases either , so I guess I'll be the one to put 'em here, too. We got MediEvil Resurrection and Ape Escape: On the Loose, both from 2005. We also got Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice last month, from 2007. That's actually the year after the PlayStation 3 hit store shelves, but since God of War II from the same year is there, this should also be fair game.

Thanks for mentioning the Atari Flashback Classics! I don't know how I missed those when adding the Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration (along with the four Arcade Game Series games of Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Galaga & Dig Dug), but I'll go ahead and add those three now.

As for the PSP games you listed, as I mentioned before I'm excluding handheld titles from this list. At some point I will make one though and add these, perhaps once 2024 rolls around.

Also, I will add the following Limited Run Games collection of retro releases (plus the recently announced remastered original Tomb Raider Trilogy) once they come out/are given a release date/full trophy support including a platinum:

Gargoyles (1995) 10/19/23
Gex (1995)  
Gex: Enter the Gecko (1998)  
Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko (1999)  
Jurassic Park (1993) 11/22/23
Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (1994) 11/22/23
Max Payne (2001)  
Max Payne 2 (2003)  
Tomba! (1998)  
Tomb Raider (1996) 2/14/24
Tomb Raider II (1997) 2/14/24
Tomb Raider III (1998) 2/14/24
Edited by tsumlakers88

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the Gargoyles Remastered game that came out a couple weeks ago did not include a platinum trophy, however another game that came out in the same year of our Lord 1995 called Rise of the Triad did (in the recently released Ludicrous Edition)!

Hopefully the Jurassic Park retro collection (scheduled to release later this month on 11/22/23) will include a platinum trophy as well, which I will add next if it does.

• Like 1

At first I thought that it's such a cool idea for a topic, then it turned out you include games with platinum trophies only. The idea of a list like this is amazing as I am recently searching for games exactly in that category, but I just wish it could be complete, with games like gargoyles included. Like if I wanted to make a list of every old game that rereleased with trophies/achievements or on switch, would you let me steal yours to upgrade it?

As for the games itself, you can add titan quest & every video game that Screaming Villains published (Night Trap, Double Switch, Corpse Killer, Ground Zero Texas & Kids on Site).

Also since you don't want to mix handheld games with all of the other games, you should delete pursuit force from your list.

10 hours ago, Alex_Hedgehog said:

At first I thought that it's such a cool idea for a topic, then it turned out you include games with platinum trophies only. The idea of a list like this is amazing as I am recently searching for games exactly in that category, but I just wish it could be complete, with games like gargoyles included. Like if I wanted to make a list of every old game that rereleased with trophies/achievements or on switch, would you let me steal yours to upgrade it?

As for the games itself, you can add titan quest & every video game that Screaming Villains published (Night Trap, Double Switch, Corpse Killer, Ground Zero Texas & Kids on Site).

Also since you don't want to mix handheld games with all of the other games, you should delete pursuit force from your list.

Thanks for sharing those six games, I'll add them to this list now. And feel free to make your own based off of these; I'm particular in obtaining platinums as I know a lot of other people are as well, but if you'd like to add classics without them then go for it.

As for Pursuit Force, it received a PS4/PS5 remaster earlier this year in May so I'm going to leave it here (I only exclude PSP exclusives). 

Edited by tsumlakers88

6 hours ago, tsumlakers88 said:

Thanks for sharing those six games, I'll add them to this list now. And feel free to make your own based off of these; I'm particular in obtaining platinums as I know a lot of other people are as well, but if you'd like to add classics without them then go for it.

As for Pursuit Force, it received a PS4/PS5 remaster earlier this year in May so I'm going to leave it here (I only exclude PSP exclusives). 

Thanks for the permission!

As for the Pursuit Force, I think we misunderstood each other. 

On 9/22/2023 at 1:48 AM, tsumlakers88 said:

As for the PSP games you listed, as I mentioned before I'm excluding handheld titles from this list. At some point I will make one though and add these, perhaps once 2024 rolls around.

In here you mentioned twice that you won't include games that were from PSP (or handheld titles), though you included Pursuit Force & that's a game from PSP that was exclusive to this system. Sadly enough the PS4/PS5 version is not a remaster as you think, it's part of the PSP classics that Sony is bringing over for the higher PS Plus tiers, the full list of those games is here https://psnprofiles.com/series/1103-psp-classics - all of those games are emulated from PSP with trophy support (& all of them except Echochrome have a platinum trophy). You even decided to refuse adding the sequel that was released 3 months later and someone mentioned it in this thread, so the first one shouldn't be on this list either if we're going by "no handheld games" rule. There's not even God of War Chains of Olympus + Ghost of Sparta HD remasters from PS3 on your list and those were one of the not so many PSP remastered games.

Sorry if it comes as picking on, but I recently wanted to Platinum/100% every PSP game that later rereleased on newer sony consoles (no matter if emulated, remastered or remade) and I was digging on this topic quite a lot so if you'd want any help in 2024 with the handheld games list I'm willing to help.

Edited by Alex_Hedgehog

• 3 weeks later...

Adding the Jurassic Park: Classic Games Collection that includes both Jurassic Park (1993) & Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (1994) which released digitally today, in addition to the Bill and Ted's Excellent Retro Collection (which came out back in February), consisting of both Bill & Ted's Excellent Video Game Adventure (1991) + Bill & Ted's Game Boy Adventure: A Bogus Journey! (1991), both done by Limited Run Games.

4 hours ago, tsumlakers88 said:

Adding the Jurassic Park: Classic Games Collection that includes both Jurassic Park (1993) & Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (1994) which released digitally today, in addition to the Bill and Ted's Excellent Retro Collection (which came out back in February), consisting of both Bill & Ted's Excellent Video Game Adventure (1991) + Bill & Ted's Game Boy Adventure: A Bogus Journey! (1991), both done by Limited Run Games.

For Jurassic Park, the game also includes "Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition", which, despite the "edition" monicker, is a sequel to the original Genesis game.

The original Genesis game is also a completely different game from its counterparts on the Nintendo platforms, sharing neither a genre (action platformer vs top-down action with fps segments) nor even a developer (BlueSky/Sega  vs Ocean).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Adding the original Tomb Raider Trilogy Remastered games on PS4 including Tomb Raider (1996), Tomb Raider II (1997), & Tomb Raider III (1998) to this list (unfortunately the PS5 version has no platinum and combines all the trophies together which is annoying), along with Jet Moto 2 (1997) that was released two days ago via Playstation Plus Premium Classics.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Adding Cool Boarders (1996) that was released yesterday, March 19th, via the Playstation Plus Premium Classics, along with both Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) & Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005) that were released last week on March 14th via the Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection.