Wishlist/ WatchList

Not sure if this idea is currently possible but it's a feature I've often wish was built into the Playstation Store and I thought may as well throw it out here because who knows maybe Sly can work some magic.

What I want is the ability to add games/dlc (or whatever content I guess) on the Plastation Store to a personal 'watch list" and to receive automatic notifications any times those games go on sale or have the price reduced for whatever reason.

I dunno if there's any way to monitor the content of playstation store for such a purpose or if there's any clever work arounds (like maybe using the playstation amazon store or something) I just think a feature like that would be hella useful.

Edited by lporiginalg

Not sure if this idea is currently possible but it's a feature I've often wish was built into the Playstation Store and I thought may as well throw it out here because who knows maybe Sly can work some magic.

What I want is the ability to add games/dlc (or whatever content I guess) on the Plastation Store to a personal 'watch list" and to receive automatic notifications any times those games go on sale or have the price reduced for whatever reason.

I dunno if there's any way to monitor the content of playstation store for such a purpose or if there's any clever work arounds (like maybe using the playstation amazon store or something) I just think a feature like that would be hella useful.

A beautiful idea but this would require Sony to be on board with it. You could ask to modifty that idea for psnp tho like a "watchlist" for the games someone's need or are planning to complete.

A beautiful idea but this would require Sony to be on board with it. You could ask to modifty that idea for psnp tho like a "watchlist" for the games someone's need or are planning to complete.

Well technically if you had a script that could read the content and prices of the PlaystationStore then it wouldn't make a lick of difference if Sony was on board or not ;)

Well technically if you had a script that could read the content and prices of the PlaystationStore then it wouldn't make a lick of difference if Sony was on board or not ;)

I know that but it more complex than that lol :P. Let's see what Sly and the others think but great idea. It would make a lot of things easier as their webstore sucks sometimes. :D

Edited by supa-bane

This would be neat, but they'd have to add the entire PS store onto this site, and I highly doubt Sony would be ok with getting their PS store info pulled. That would be a huge security risk.

Why not just make a list yourself? That's what I do. I have a word doc of all of the games I want, sorted into separate categories. With one category of stuff I'm getting for sure, one for stuff I'll only get on sale or after a price drop, and one I'll only get if it's on sale after a price drop.

• Like 1

A problematic part of that of course, is that there are multiple stores for the multiple regions. It's a nice idea, and I'd certainly use it, but would it be possible?

Ya I thought about that and also there's different prices for people who have Plus which also has different regions...well I never said it would be easy I just said someone (other than myself) should do it haha (you know, assuming it's possible)

This would be neat, but they'd have to add the entire PS store onto this site, and I highly doubt Sony would be ok with getting their PS store info pulled. That would be a huge security risk.

Why not just make a list yourself? That's what I do. I have a word doc of all of the games I want, sorted into separate categories. With one category of stuff I'm getting for sure, one for stuff I'll only get on sale or after a price drop, and one I'll only get if it's on sale after a price drop.

Well I was just thinking if the plastation store on Amazon is automated, and I would think that it probably is, then the methods already exist to pull that info and the only question left is can anyone tap into it? Giving people access to what content is available in your store isn't really a security risk, it's very common practice actually since lots of e-stores use affiliates and such (including amazon which is why I spitball that as a possible method).

I have a list of games I want...in my head ^^ It's not keeping track of the list that's an issue it's that I don't want to have to manually search it in PS-STORE every week to see if it's on sale. There's been the odd game that's had crazy sales that I missed out on simply because I wasn't aware of the sale until after the fact. Currently there's no solution to this problem that doesn't involve basically constant vigilence. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Well I was just thinking if the plastation store on Amazon is automated, and I would think that it probably is, then the methods already exist to pull that info and the only question left is can anyone tap into it? Giving people access to what content is available in your store isn't really a security risk, it's very common practice actually since lots of e-stores use affiliates and such (including amazon which is why I spitball that as a possible method).

I have a list of games I want...in my head ^^ It's not keeping track of the list that's an issue it's that I don't want to have to manually search it in PS-STORE every week to see if it's on sale. There's been the odd game that's had crazy sales that I missed out on simply because I wasn't aware of the sale until after the fact. Currently there's no solution to this problem that doesn't involve basically constant vigilence. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

Actually, the PS Store on Amazon isn't the same store that's on PSN. It's only certain games and Amazon has it's own sales. So the prices aren't always the same. Like, last week on Amazon, the ME3 Citadel DLC was half off, but it wasn't on sale on PSN.

Also depending on where the data being pulled is stored, it could easily pose a security risk. If all the store info is on the same server as everyone's credit card info, then pulling info from the store would just be a hop, skip, and a jump from pulling credit card and personal info. Even if it's not, data in the store could also give clues as to where the credit card and personal info actually is stored.

If you just want to know what's on sale on PSN, check the PS Blog every week. They always list out what's on sale for the week. Sometimes they even list what's going to be on sale for the entire month. It only takes a couple minutes to read. I just check it when I go to see what PS+ game is being released this week.