Trails into Reverie Censored

I have been reading a lot of stuff about the PS5 version beeing censored. And apperatly it is, because you can't interact with the characters in the Beach mini game intimate mode. 

But a lot of people regard it has a Bug. And say that the PS4 version does work normaly like the original japanese version. 

Is this true? Can someone confirm this or not? 

Again, i saw that. But i do not think it will be fixed, i will be surprised if they will "fix" it. Again, just to clarify Durante said it but does not know it, Durante is NOT AT ALL RESPONSIBLE for console versions of Reverie, ONLY PC! But, if it's the PS5 version bug, then what about the PS4? Does it work? If it doesn't then it was censored... And what about switch? There are no news about PS4 version and switch version on these cases... 

This is why someone with the PS4 version to clarify. Because if it does not work for PS4 then yeah... It was censored. And don't come with bullshits with bugs. 

32 minutes ago, Danyy___85 said:

Again, i saw that. But i do not think it will be fixed, i will be surprised if they will "fix" it. Again, just to clarify Durante said it but does not know it, Durante is NOT AT ALL RESPONSIBLE for console versions of Reverie, ONLY PC! But, if it's the PS5 version bug, then what about the PS4? Does it work? If it doesn't then it was censored... And what about switch? There are no news about PS4 version and switch version on these cases... 

This is why someone with the PS4 version to clarify. Because if it does not work for PS4 then yeah... It was censored. And don't come with bullshits with bugs. 

Apparently the switch version doesn’t work how it’s supposed to either, so if the PS4 version works it’s indeed a bug caused by removing the VR integration. Im all for calling out censorship but doing it preemptively makes everyone look bad.

Well, you are right. The Switch version also does not work, i also just confirmed this from people in reddit stating it. Only need the PS4 version to be confirmed... As of now only PC works. Still need the PS4 for one last confirmation. Beacuase most people bought this for PS5, myself included... Hopefully they will fix it. But i don't see that happening to be honest. 

Got to that part yesterday, so I can confirm that this works in the PS4 version like it was in the Japanese original version, so it has to be a bug on the other platforms. As this isn't the only issue with this release (see combat link bug or incomplete digital release), this points to low time for QA rather than censorship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Seems like it’s a bug. Even Durante said so.

Now if it’ll get fixed, who knows

paging @turniplord

I didn't even realise - I presumed I had to press Circle and manually 'end' the moment because it wasn't in VR and it was simply a frozen scene at that point for you to mess around in VR and look at the characters. But, as the people above have said, It's most likely a bug due to making it 2d-only, which would explain why it's not on PC or PS4 because you still have the choice in those to be either VR or non-VR at this point.

I'll reach out to the PR and see if they can push NIS to fix it - they've already worked hard fixing a few issues which I spotted pre-launch so that you didn't have actual game-breaking situations on day-one :) - Reminder, ensure you've updated the game if you bought it physically, otherwise you'll have issues fishing and fighting certain enemies later on...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AppleKratue said:

Got to that part yesterday, so I can confirm that this works in the PS4 version like it was in the Japanese original version, so it has to be a bug on the other platforms. As this isn't the only issue with this release (see combat link bug or incomplete digital release), this points to low time for QA rather than censorship.

I'm glad to hear this. So the circles on the characters head, wrist and chest appear correct? If so then yeah, it's a bug then and confirmed to be! 

42 minutes ago, Jigsy1 said:

Personally I'd assume censorship and then NISA were caught and now they're trying to pull the "J-J-JUST A BUG, BRO!" card.

Anyone know if the GOG version is free from this BS?

Sure but two of the 4 platforms it works, it seems like it would be weird to censor it on PS5 and Switch but allow it on PC and PS4

And they specifically hired Durante for PC who is a wizard, but only handles the PC version,  the switch and PS5 versions are new too but I think NISA does them in house. The link levels aren’t working on any platform either from what I understand so I just chock it up to NISA screwing up like usual

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

Looks like it was just a bug. The latest patch 1.04 on PS5 fixes the missing intimate dialogue for the beach scenes. Link attacks are also working now too.

Just to back this up NISA posted this

Trails into Reverie Patch Update:
PS5 1.004
-Fix to possible rare crash on first auto save
-Fixes to incorrect Link Abilities
-Fix to reading clear save from EU region copies of Trails of Cold Steel IV (PlayStation™4 version)
-Fixes to missing interactions in Intimate Moments

Patches for the PS4 and Nintendo Switch versions of the game are in the works and coming soon!